ADVERTISEMENT

Clark steps down at Crest

BTW I wouldn't be upset with Beam, but I would rather just see Barnes come back but he is making good money in SC!

Just wishful thinking!

As some one who has a child that was involved with the program, Coach Clark was always good to them. I wish him nothing but the best.

Reactions: beamer24
Don't know any details and don't want to know. I am just saying that if it is because of a 9 win season that's crazy.

That team was better than 9 wins and and getting blown out in the second round of the playoffs, everyone that knows Crest football knows this!

On top of the fact that that football team wasn't one bit better on the night of the last football game than they were in first game of the year!

Matter of fact I would lean toward they were better in the first games of the season than they were at the end of the season!

In time he might be a really good coach bUT he was just to young and inexperienced for a job of that caliber!

Giving it to him in the first place wasnt really fair to him, all jokes aside!

Reactions: CrestMan7
Ponies better get it together, get it right this time. Beams just there waiting.

I think the suspension during the season did him in and he should probably be thankful he didn't get fired at that point because that would have ruined his career. Instead he was allow to coach till seasons end giving a chance at better options for him

I hope they don't get some crazy idea to go try and get Lloyd from KM!

They won't have to hunt for a coach there will be a line of them wanting it they just have to pick the right one!

I heard Coach Milne is the early favorite and wants the job. Good luck, hot seat every season.

Btw, I called this one before the suspension. Just patting myself on the back for a minute. (Dang, now I'm acting like a charger)

Reactions: Bulldog_012
How long will Clack stay and teach at Crest If a couple don't leave, no room for someone new

If Milne gets the jobs they want get out of Cleveland county better look elsewhere

That team was better than 9 wins and and getting blown out in the second round of the playoffs, everyone that knows Crest football knows this!

On top of the fact that that football team wasn't one bit better on the night of the last football game than they were in first game of the year!

Matter of fact I would lean toward they were better in the first games of the season than they were at the end of the season!

In time he might be a really good coach bUT he was just to young and inexperienced for a job of that caliber!

Giving it to him in the first place wasnt really fair to him, all jokes aside!
I just wonder if wherever YOU work has such stringent standards? If they did, would YOU be there???

I just wonder if wherever YOU work has such stringent standards? If they did, would YOU be there???

Absolutely, but this isn't about where he works he isn't losing his teaching job he is only stepping down as coach huge difference!

Not everyone works at burger King my job is 100% performance based if I don't sale of don't get paid and I lose my job!

Reactions: CrestMan7
Bring back Barnes. Whatever it takes. Bring him back. If it can't be done look out East. Good night John Boy, Good night Jim Bob.

I think the suspension during the season did him in and he should probably be thankful he didn't get fired at that point because that would have ruined his career. Instead he was allow to coach till seasons end giving a chance at better options for him

Why was he suspended??

Yeah y'all can have all that arrogance that comes along with him. But make no mistake about it you will win.

Tommy Knots is the most arrogant man to ever grace a high school football field and he is the arguably the best coach to ever walk the side lines in north or south carolina! So who cares what his confidence level is or what he thinks about himself!

I would be ok w Barnes coming back, now obviously the ponies will jump all over me for my reasoning. but his offense was bland and no different from Clark, the only difference was he had a bowling ball back there to hand it off to. He never won a state title w his own players, and the Burns transfers I think will stop now that we have a coach that wont let it slide. I am ok w Barnes coming back and not getting somebody better.

Tommy Knots is the most arrogant man to ever grace a high school football field and he is the arguably the best coach to ever walk the side lines in north or south carolina! So who cares what his confidence level is or what he thinks about himself!

The good ones always have a arrogant streak. They would probably call in confidence. Some are more forthright with it but make no mistake. Its there.

Wouldnt hire a coach who didnt have it. Think Saban and Belechik have it??

I would be ok w Barnes coming back, now obviously the ponies will jump all over me for my reasoning. but his offense was bland and no different from Clark, the only difference was he had a bowling ball back there to hand it off to. He never won a state title w his own players, and the Burns transfers I think will stop now that we have a coach that wont let it slide. I am ok w Barnes coming back and not getting somebody better.

Clark had a bowling ball back this year but he wouldn't give him the ball to go bowling, if he would have we might still be playing! But he wanted to be flashy and sling it all over the field and he didn't have the personal to do that!

I want a coach like Barnes because he knew how to adjust his coaching to suit his team!

Barnes also took a team that Kirby struggled to win 8 games with and went to the state championship and was a missed extra point from winning the state!

I would rather look bad aND win than look good and lose any day of the week!

Just saw it on the Star facebook page..

What say ye Charger fans???

I bet Beam is salivating......
why would any coach want the job, after one loss every one wants him fired. and I don't see any more 16 and 0 seasons coming any time will soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT