ADVERTISEMENT

Cherokee vs north Duplin

I am not going to say ND doesn't have a chance in this game. Anyone who goes through the season without a loss is obviously very good. BUT I will say if the Cherokee team I saw last night shows up in Raleigh it will be a tough go for ND.

I personally think Cherokee had the best defense Mitchell had faced this season along with Mountain Heritage. The Cherokee offense is very balanced and hard to stop. Evans and Mintz are a lethal combo running and then Mintz is dangerous thru the air.

Good luck to the Braves

GO MOUNTAINEERS

Much like Cherokee and Mitchell, stopping the North Duplin qb is the key

I find it interesting that the last playoff game that Cherokee lost was to Mitchell County who they avenged last night on their way to the title game...And of course, the last playoff lost for North Duplin was at home to Cherokee who they will meet in the final next weekend....

Once again, two very talented QBs and teams and coaches familiar with each other meet for the title....

One thing is for sure, and that's the fact that the Reservation will be there in mass next weekend in Raleigh...

Good luck to the Braves in the title game!

ND and Cherokee have matchup well against each other in Western playoff games last decade. Believe they will match up will well next Saturday in Raleigh for the1A State Finials. With the support that Cherokee and North Duplin have the stands at Carter may rival 3a crowds. The one thing certain about the Rebels, they put it all on the field for 4 quarters. Love 1A Football and keep it Rolling Rebels...

Reactions: BravesGWY
Nothing beats 1A football, and the small town community feel. Just awesome. One thing about the North Duplin team, they just find a way to win, and Archer is a load. Should be a great match up

As said above the Nation will be there...well the Rebel Nation will be there as well...most of Duplin County will be in Raleigh or Chapel Hill next Saturday as ND, WRH, & ED make history being 3 of 4 schools from one county playing in the State finals...it will be ND's toughest game yet, but don't think one minute ND ain't going to bring everything they got to this game, they going to play their hearts out like they've done all year. It will be a great game for both teams, my crew will be there to support them. Good Luck to all...GO REBELS!!!!

Reactions: jh60
So what's up with north, they like to hit like pur boys do?? Just that qb?? I know that runnin back last year got hit real good when he'd fight for yards but after a couple good licks he was lookin for that sideline!!! Will see I guess!!

First thing is stopping Archer, he’s a big kid 6’2, 215 or so and he is basically a rb that can pass. He carried the ball over 30 times last night I was told. Also a good rb. They have a good defensive team and just find a way to win. Should be a great game.

I think it's gonna be a classic Cherokee/nd ball game. Where it's gonna be close. Cherokee is very talented and likes to hit. Nd is battle tested and will hit you just as hard. It all comes down to who wants it more. Good luck to both teams but I have to go with the rebels and say they find a way to win.

Reactions: BravesGWY
This game will be between option defense and passing defense. The Braves are big and strong upfront and the Rebels have been impressive in pass protection. Both have standout qb but its going to be team blocking , tackles and pass protection thats going to let the qbs to do their magic or not. Who wants it the most. Going to be fun watching these young men battle. Love 1A Football.

Reactions: Rebelpride25
Looks like a really good kid!!! I seriously doubt he will be throwin anybody off of him like in tha vedio!!! Just have faith that tha big hits are gonna be a difference maker and help with our 1st state championship!!

Turnovers and mistakes will play a huge part. And momentum is huge in these title games. There will be shifts back and forth. Whichever can keep the momentum and/or find a way to make plays to get it back, generally wins. Just some great QBs this year in 1A with Mintz, Archer, Young, Curry, Holder.

Worst thing possible is tha braves over look nd and think just cause we won lat year we're gonna win this year attitude!!!! Isaiah Evans runnin like a tru runnin back right now!! That qb and fans ain't gonna like our defense!!!

There is no way in a game this big any one overlooks any one .

Evans ran like a man Friday . He needs to bring that sat.

Ok Nd fans what else do you guys have besides a multi talented qb? I can’t temember much about the game last year . How many starters you have coming back .top receiver , runner

Think it's pretty much like tj!! Qb and rb all game long!! All I remember from last year is us a little new at finishin a ball game and not wantin to score again and play tha clock, and that's how it became so close!! We didn't get under center a whole lot last year because we would fumble and stayed in spread a whole lot!! Not sure if nd is doin anything new but will be showin them a couple new things!!

Don't be afraid to talk about it nd fans, coaches exchange film and watch each other all week long!! We can know what each other's gonna do but we still have to stop it!!!

We have a couple running backs besides Archer. Bass 964 and Shepard 1400. All 3 block well for each other. Rest is basic football and well coached. Keep it Rolling Rebels.

I asked poor black band wagon lottery ticket rich boy this and he never answered me, and turned out his team didn't like it 1 bit!! Does nd like to hit?? I know what qb said on his little interview but sayin and doin is 2 different things!!!

Braves will definitely be bigger up front on both sides of the ball. North Duplin plays physical. They are totally opposite of East Duplin and WRH which have speed to burn all over the field

North Duplin runs the veer. Midline.... everything Cherokee has seen for the last 10 weeks of Smoky Mountains Conference play. Cherokee did beat N Duplin last year, but Cherokee is so much stronger and physical this year. Dive back quarterback pitch.... all three are going to be bruised up.

Last edited:
That’s a great point. ND is more like a SMC team than most down east teams that are loaded with speed. They play more of a physical, grind it out game. Up front is where Braves have advantage imo.

I must say I am overly impressed with Cherokee. I certainly have had my doubts on them. I never truly believed their hype but I must say these young men came in and played. They are talented and like all Cherokee teams, they have athletes. It has been unfortunate to see so many of those teams under perform. Just like the undefeated 12-0 team that was upended in the 3rd round by none other than North Duplin. But Briggs has turned the program around just from this point. In these short years he has them at the brink of high school immortality. Just think Briggs inherited a team that didn’t win a game. A program that had become the bottom of the SMC barrel. He didn’t have the luxury like Skooter, the boys he had won cracker bowls, JV championships and even won back to back conference titles. Those kids were accustomed to winning but the big game eluded them. This current team took lumps, bruises and low moral. Many of these kids grew up watching the Braves of the early 2000's. The Braves teams that annihilated the conference.They were blowing out teams and from 2005-2008 always had a winning record. But when it was these current kid's time to play at Ray Kinsland in a brand new facility it was a different story. They found themselves on the losing end of the blow out games, the ones Cherokee used administer. I am sure everyone on this team knows the importance of finishing out the year as they started. This game is the final page in a long story. It is up to these boys to write that happy ending. In the old school you would see a trophy case full of Cherokees accomplishments, but often times unlike Murphy, Swain or Robbinsville the trophy case would only show 1 state championship and one too many Runner-ups. For Cherokee this is the year to etch their name in the books as State Champions. Something a men’s team has never done. You have decades of teams and athletes from Cherokee and surrounding schools who say that Cherokee team “coulda, shoulda, woulda”. Well this Saturday if Cherokee comes to play, then everyone can say they "coulda, shoulda and did win a state title".

Last edited:
Dang you gave me chills lol. Simply put - it's time Braves, it's time!

Yes, and? Mintz is as well, and Young, holder and smith are at mount airy - all I was doing was showing you some film of them I thought you may be interested in. And complimenting their qb.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT