ADVERTISEMENT

Cherokee @ Mitchell

Bone i love how you think u would score 21 pts in 2nd half if not for the rain lol....offense only got 2 scores in 1st half but all of a sudden yall would catch fire in 2nd half lol.....if mintz would have played at qb more or at least gotten more touches handoffs etc...i think cherokee would have won....congrats on beating the 4th place smc team tonight. The 1st place team is on another level..u will see.

Everyone sleep on Mitchell and you may get shocked not putting down Cherokee in any way but they should have beat Mitchell no questions asked that's the worst game of the season for the mountaineers but the defense held strong and won the game Mitchell plays to there potential against murphy it will be a barn burner mbd fan is the only one with any sense knowing that murphy will have to earn a W at Ledger everyone saying its going to be a blowout I just don't see it cause of one game #10 didnt get the ball but a few times tonite he is a game changer #2 and Mitchell's defense held up to get the win

After the opening kickoff I thought Mitchell might blow Cherokee out, but the braves hung in there and battled till the end. There was a lot of respect from both sides being these two teams have met so many times in the past yrs. I thought both defenses were good, no team was able to acquire more than 200 yds for the night. This wasn’t the Mitchell team I saw vs Franklin. But we’ll see next week.

I don't know what to make of this game, but this did not even look like the same Mitchell team we've seen all year. The first half weather was fine and Mitchell had 170 yards of offense to Cherokees 90 yards, but I felt like Cherokee adjusted to the weather better in the second half when the freezing rain and sleet started. The conditions were so bad it didn't feel like either team was a threat to score other than the one time Mintz got loose for the 40 yard td. Mitchell only mustered 25 yards in the second half and Cherokee had about 75 mainly coming on the Mintz run. I felt like Mitchell's biggest problem tonight was just the snaps, there had to have been close to 10 snaps that were not fielded or fumbled, probably lost 50 yards just on those, we even fumbled 3 times after going under center, I honestly dont think Noah could feel his hands. Cherokee done a much better job handling the snaps in the bad conditions than us. All that being said though Cherokee was a dang good tough nosed team that I think was really coming together here at the end of the season. If we play anything close to the uninspired ball we played tonight though, Murphy will win by 3 TDs next week, if we play like we have all year though I think we can make it a game although I feel Murphy is a notch above us.

Game went about as I thought it would, closer than most thought. Mitchell showed rust from the long delay. Plus Cherokee is the best team Mitchell has faced since Mt Heritage. Neither team played exceptionally well. Lots of lost opportunities for both teams. A break here or there and the game could have ended entirely differently. I think both teams can say what if. Can't help but wish this game had been played in better conditions. That was miserable for the fans to set through, can't image trying to play in that weather. Mitchell MUST get the kinks out this week or it will get ugly against Murphy. Beginning to look like this will be an annual event.

Just want to recognize Evans for Cherokee, he is a heck of a back.

Safe travels to all getting home.

Evans has been injured every year. Or atleast the last 2 season for big portions of the season.

Dang bk the kid has rushed for 1k yards I think for 3 years in a spread offense . He had over 1500 yrds last year and 20 td. Give a kid credit nobody is taking away from beloved backs

Sounds like the weather in Ledger was like what was going on in Burnsville, but I will have to give the Cougars credit because I think we may have done better offensively in the toughest conditions with the running game shredding the Hendersonville defense. The weather did put a damper on the passing game of Hendo though. They had to get more conservative and run the ball and they played right into our hands. Wore the 2 way players down in a hurry.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
I don't know what to make of this game, but this did not even look like the same Mitchell team we've seen all year. The first half weather was fine and Mitchell had 170 yards of offense to Cherokees 90 yards, but I felt like Cherokee adjusted to the weather better in the second half when the freezing rain and sleet started. The conditions were so bad it didn't feel like either team was a threat to score other than the one time Mintz got loose for the 40 yard td. Mitchell only mustered 25 yards in the second half and Cherokee had about 75 mainly coming on the Mintz run. I felt like Mitchell's biggest problem tonight was just the snaps, there had to have been close to 10 snaps that were not fielded or fumbled, probably lost 50 yards just on those, we even fumbled 3 times after going under center, I honestly dont think Noah could feel his hands. Cherokee done a much better job handling the snaps in the bad conditions than us. All that being said though Cherokee was a dang good tough nosed team that I think was really coming together here at the end of the season. If we play anything close to the uninspired ball we played tonight though, Murphy will win by 3 TDs next week, if we play like we have all year though I think we can make it a game although I feel Murphy is a notch above us.
Your sure right about uninspired looked like they were sleep waking. If I were a Cherokee fan I would have the same opinion of Mitchell as they do only having this game to go by but this isn't the Mitchell team we've seen all year they looked better in the two losses. The snap was high even before the rain so I don't what's going on there. And I started to wonder if Pittman was sick or hurt. And poor line blocking. I thought the D woke up in the 2nd except for when Mintz came in that one series but they made good adjustments with especially with Miller following him down the line scrimmage and keeping him contained and Boone started make big plays.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT