ADVERTISEMENT

Cherokee @ Mitchell

I wish I could give you an idea on the braves but I’ve only got to watch them for half a game vs Andrews. I honestly might be able to make the Mitchell game though! I always enjoyed Going to Mitchell, awesome fans and were always respectful when we would visit for wrestling!

Did Evans get to play last night? As far as next week, Mitchell is Mitchell not alot difference from last season. New names but pretty much the same style. I expect this to be another hard hitting smash mouth kind of game. As for predictions, I predict that the team that makes the fewest mistakes wins. I also predict there will be another large crowd. Good luck to all and safe travels.

Yeah Evans played had a ton of carriers . Him and Mintz are a nasty combo in the backfield . I look forward to replaying every step I made last year. Eat at same place get there the same time sit in the same spot and hopefully get the same outcome lol .

Yeah Evans played had a ton of carriers . Him and Mintz are a nasty combo in the backfield . I look forward to replaying every step I made last year. Eat at same place get there the same time sit in the same spot and hopefully get the same outcome lol .
Lol where did you eat at?

Stopped in Asheville on the the way up. Hey order extra concessions I wanted to eat at halftime and everything was gone lol

Reactions: Swain97
Good choice afro man!!! Now if we could have more come on here and talk about how we're not gonna come out alive it'll all align back up!! You from Mitchell pot smoker boy!??

What's a hole in tha wall mountie that's got a pretty good spread!??
Hef's in spruce pine is good pub food. Sandwiches, wings, nachos... Boonies in grassy creek is your place for pizza. Bonnie and Clydes in loafers glory has the best burgers in the tri county area. El Ranchero in spruce pine is dang good Mexican, and the concession stand has some of the best bbq around while it lasts lol

Reactions: BravesGWY
Should be another great game at Mitchell. I honestly can’t say how the outcome will be. Watching Cherokee last night was like watchig someone else. I think we ran some option or veer, and i think they ran the Gentry offense a couple series, then Mints kid looked really good a QB.....so I have no idea what kind of offense will take the field in Mitchell. I don’t even know if we passed the ball last night.

If the Cherokee team shows up that came to Murphy it's gonna be a barnburner.....Braves woulda beat a LOT of teams that night...

Yeah foreal . 1 good pass and 2 bad ones . We were way more ground game than we been going . Evans running hard and Mintz playing qb was lethal . Not sure if they stopped us with them two in back field

Cherokee should come out swinging, Mitchell might be flat after 20 days off. The Mountaineers should pull away in the 2nd half. No offense to the braves, but they will have a hard time stopping the brutal rushing attack of Mitchell. It looks like the Braves pass coverage has been suspect at times too. That could be trouble if Mitchell comes out slinging it.

If Mitchell is not ready for Cherokee this year they deserve what ever happens I don't know much about Cherokee but Mitchell is one of the best teams I've seen this year they can score at will they have in proved ever week and if you can't run the ball you will have no chance you have to keep Mitchell's offence off the field

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
If Cherokee comes to play they could make it interesting for a quarter or two but just don't see the Mountaineers having a letdown after what happened last year.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Cherokee might be right there the whole game. 3 weeks is a long break for a bunch teenagers.
If Mitchell hadn't been put out of the playoffs by Cherokee last year I'd give the Braves a chance to be in it most of the night, because make no mistake they have some talent. But I just can't see your kids not being focused and looking to exact some revenge after losing to them last year.

Mintz is the key, if Mitchell keeps him in check it will be a long night for the Braves but if he has a big game they could keep it interesting.

Last edited:
if mintz plays qb cherokee has a chance...if they try to win with #7 it aint gonna happen. he had 2 bad interceptions last night that kept the game closer than it should have been. mintz is best player on the field but if u cant get him the ball what good is he.

This is the 8th year in a row that Mitchell and Cherokee have played. 3rd year in a row they have met in the playoffs. 21st meeting overall. 14-6 overall in favor of the Mountaineers. Other than McDowell, Cherokee is Mitchell's most played non-conference opponent.

Mitchell not playing 3 weeks can be a concern. But as much as I like our coaches I wouldn't trade Pittman for anyone his a good man good to the kids is building a good feeder program one reason that after losing so many seniors Mitchell still has a good team this year, with that said coaching staff just like most teams has a weakness and thier is getting to conservative in big games in thier play calling. For instance the Mtn Heritage game this year, MH is going to run and keep time possession and only pass when they have to then go for two so you have too they keep the ball for 57 minutes. But that not Mitchell's identity but they tired to play the same why and when you get away from the kind of team you are you lose. Mitchell threw one pass in the first half with two seconds left and it was a 65 yard TD but still came out in the second half and didn't change once on MH 45 getting there with a pass ran a tight running formation with thier best receiver on the sideline for three downs. Mitchell even ran the ball better when they were in thier spread and the pass wasn't there the QB had room to run. So my hope is that Mitchell plays loose and have a good mix between run and pass because that when they play thier best and that is up to the coaches You have to call what the team your playing gives if you can run well on them great but if they are weaker on pass defense then the run d then if you have the players and Mitchell does you can't be afraid to pass in the big games.

I like Mitchell. But if Cherokee puts the Mints kid at QB it’s going to be a problem. I seen Mitchell against Mtn heritage this year, and I watched Cherokee against Albemarle ....depending on what Cherokee does, it could be a long night in Ledger. That kid is foreal.

Stopped in Asheville on the the way up. Hey order extra concessions I wanted to eat at halftime and everything was gone lol
I saw another Braves fan post this. I see if I can contact anyone who deals with the concessions. Franky except for MTN heritage we're not used to a big number of visitors plus most drive and eat on the way but Cherokee brought two buses of hungry people. But I'm sure the boosters club would love to sell more food. I just wish when they don't use the extra cart for bigger games they would put it on the hill behind the home side for us people who can't walk down to the concessions.

Reactions: BravesGWY
I don't predict much ( and I hope I don't jinx him) but I would say that Cherokee might as well get use to starting at the 20 on kick offs. 76 kick offs 54 touch back and the kicker didn't play in the first two games.

This ain’t last years Mitchell team. Personally I think they are much better and Cherokee is not as good as they were last year. I think something like 42 to 14.

Reactions: dmcamp
This ain’t last years Mitchell team. Personally I think they are much better and Cherokee is not as good as they were last year. I think something like 42 to 14.
Just depends on which Cherokee team shows up and for how long. The Braves outscored Murphy 14-12 in the first half but Murphy woke up after halftime and outscored Cherokee 37-7 in the second half with the starters in.

I fully expected Cherokee to put a running clock on Albamarle in the third quarter. That they didn’t tells me something

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT