ADVERTISEMENT

Cherokee drop in maxprep standings?

Kevin2346

Jun 9, 2016
What gives? Did they drop them because of days injury? If playoffs begin today they would be the 7 seed. Starmount, pine lake prep, and west columbus jumped them somehow.

I doubt max preps even knows about Injuries. They go by records and schedule strength

Mitchell (girls) has 6 losses and still in front of a 2 loss Murphy team. Maxpreps is an absolute joke. If it had no bearing on seeding and homecourt advantage, i could care less, but it does. Having homecourt advantage is huge come playoff time.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Anyone know about cherokee's forfeit against swain on jan 30? its listed on maxpreps?

I'm not sure about max preps. I was just speaking to someone about it and the only thing I can come away with is non conference schedule tough and it really boils down to your conference play. Since SOS plays such a big part in the rankings. Short answer I have no clue

It is strength of schedule...Again, not sure how maxpreps does their ratings....Lincoln Charter started their conference ranked 12th....Went 10-0 in conference and have fallen to 38...not sure how you can win games, like Cherokee has, and lose rankings....stupid to say the least....but it is what it is at this point....

Clinton is ranked behind 2 teams in 2A division and they have less losses than those teams. It all has to do with SOS with max preps.

Maxpreps puts wayyyyy to much into strength of schedule. Should it be involved? Yes but i also believe they should consider overall record more aswell i mean a 5 loss team that didnt even win its conference's regular season championship outright being ranked ahead of two 1 loss teams that won theur conferences handily doesnt make sense.....and the Eastern 2A conference is not exactly stacked its Greene Central and Kinston and thats it i think the argument can be made that the ECC and 3 Rivers are tougher

Reactions: Lovetoplaysports
But at the end of the day its all irrelevant i guess win a state title forget bout the rankings....just win baby win

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT