ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball Cherokee at South Davidson

I have no dog in this fight but I wanted to express my opinion of all this silliness between grown adults. Come on people just accept the lose. The Braves lost to SD and then SD lost to Prep. High School sports are about winning/losing. All this banter about each others team, fans, refs, coaches etc is just poor sportsmanship, excuses and whining. Win or lose you shake their hand say good game, go back to school and work on next season. Both teams have quality talent and good coaches.

All this he said, she said crap breeds uncoachable kids that become unemployable adults because mom and dad are making excuses for the lose. Bottom line is SD simply out scored the Braves so they won. Then Prep outscored SD so they won. Like the Geico commercial says, "Sprinkles are for winners". Not everyone gets sprinkles on their ice cream.

Unbelievable. Its not a out wbo won. Its all the added classless BS. But no the racist bs should be swept under the rug. All that matters is SD won. The Columbus crap and the mocking Indian calls etc were just playful banter. All in good fun. Just like the Nazis, etc. Just funning. And thus exactly why this BS continues today.

I have no dog in this fight but I wanted to express my opinion of all this silliness between grown adults. Come on people just accept the lose. The Braves lost to SD and then SD lost to Prep. High School sports are about winning/losing. All this banter about each others team, fans, refs, coaches etc is just poor sportsmanship, excuses and whining. Win or lose you shake their hand say good game, go back to school and work on next season. Both teams have quality talent and good coaches.

All this he said, she said crap breeds uncoachable kids that become unemployable adults because mom and dad are making excuses for the lose. Bottom line is SD simply out scored the Braves so they won. Then Prep outscored SD so they won. Like the Geico commercial says, "Sprinkles are for winners". Not everyone gets sprinkles on their ice cream.

Yes, games are about winning and losing. Yes, the he said/she said needs to stop. I am sure somethings were blown out of proportion and others tried to diminish what happened. However, the facts don't add up. Both sides admit the police were involved, fans not from either school refer to the taunting and racism. Other members of their conference alluded that this happens often. I think we all have to admit that something out of the realm of high school sports went on. By not speaking out against it we are supporting it.

All posts with racist remarks should be deleted with a worning , in my opinion. Why let it get this far.... Period

No it shouldn't be swept under the rug. If it did indeed happen I hope that someone from the Cherokee administration said something to the South Davidson administration..

I do know our principal was there and tried to press charges on the guy and also heard this from some players someone followed the cherokee players into the locker room and had to be removed by the police. So yeah nothing happened I guess.

I do know our principal was there and tried to press charges on the guy and also heard this from some players someone followed the cherokee players into the locker room and had to be removed by the police. So yeah nothing happened I guess.
Last thing about this game.
I sat near the South students. A few were dressed in red, white and blue. Did not hear or see anything about Columbus. The previous game they dressed in camouflage. There were no Indian or racist remarks heard from where I was at.
It was a hard fought game by two very good teams. I was impressed by both teams.

Reactions: SDfan84
Geez guy just stop it. Take your SD agenda on. Denton has a reputation for a reason. It reered its ugly head last weekend.

Reactions: Shelbylou14
Cherokee fans will probably find the W-S Journal story on Prep's demolition of South Davidson amusing...

“I didn’t like how physical the game got,” coach Kim Frizzell of South Davidson said. “And I think the refs — I’m not a complainer, but I will say that was not a basketball game in that first quarter and maybe even parts of the second.”
Karma is alive and well. This is the only time I will be happy that WS Prep won.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT