ADVERTISEMENT

Cherokee at North Buncombe first week

BravesGWY

Jan 5, 2015
what's the thoughts? I know nothing about the black hawks. Cherokee looked solid and did some nice things against Erwin. Defense looked solid as it did not let Erwin score. This is another MAC conference team.

Hoping my braves have a great night I did notice our top two receivers didn't play last night hope that just a precaution. Braves by 7

Didn't let Erwin score??? And only going to beat NB by 7??? I know coach Allen will have NB competitive but I'd say Cherokee by 28+

Last edited:
I hope so but I'm not so sure . This is a big school with I'm sure a lot of players. Depth and first gsme will play impact in conditioning. That's why I say 7 .. mintz and Evans could have big day with how the line looked last night

Erwin is a big school with a lot more talent year in and year out, They played Shelby to within two scores on Wednesday which isn't an easy task for any team scrimmage or not, last year North Buncombe was pretty bad them and Rosman would have been a good game, I just don't see this game being all that close

Last edited:
I was impressed with Cherokee. I wouldn't get carried away with the whole not scoring thing though. Neither varsity team scored. We played our jv vs Cherokee varsity about 80% the scrimmage which only lasted about 1 hr in a driving rain. Erwin's starting offense played maybe 5 - 6 plays before the scrimmage was called for rain. Isaiah Poore touched the ball one time. That being said I was really impressed with Cherokee's qb and rb. They should win fairly easily over NB. Good luck Braves.

Does Cherokee still have their center who snaps the ball way over qbs head twice every game? If so I hope he has been practicing...that really got old last year...so many drives killed bc of it.

Does Cherokee still have their center who snaps the ball way over qbs head twice every game? If so I hope he has been practicing...that really got old last year...so many drives killed bc of it.

Didn't see any of that last Friday.

I saw Cherokee at Canton 7 on 7.QB looked good and had receivers that could catch the ball.North Buncombe lost their starting QB for the season.Could be a long night for the Black Hawks.

Smc don't really have jvs to help with varsity numbers. When Cherokee went 2s that's basically Sophs that would be on a jv team. I think the scrimmage went 10 plays 1s and 10 plays 2s. You must of missed the first part as our center snapped it two times over the qbs head

Last edited:
Reactions: BD Warrior
Smc don't really have jvs to help with varsity numbers. When Cherokee went 2s that's basically Sophia that would be on a jv team. I think the scrimmage went 10 plays 1s and 10 plays 2s. You must of missed the first part as pur center snapped it two times over the qbs head

It was just a weird scrimmage all around. I couldn't figure out what Erwin was doing. I think Cherokee will be a good team this year. Good luck.

Braves so yall still have the bad snap center? That is so annoying...cant they find someone else? I meen there never gonna win any tight good games with him doing that. Heck put mintz under center everyplay

They had a new snapper but he still threw it over his head twice . Hope it gets fixed quick.

Good luck this season Erwin

The Braves earned a lot of confidence last year, and look like they are ready to take the next step...Having a veteran QB in the SMC can really give you an advantage in a lot of games....Experience and Talent can carry you a long way, and the Braves seem poised to do just that this season with all their returning experienced players up front and in the backfield....

Have to agree with 4th and inches that it is likely going to be a long night for the Blackhawks now that their starting QB is on the sidelines for the rest of the season....

Good luck Braves!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT