ADVERTISEMENT

Cherokee at Andrews?

KW23

Feb 9, 2011
Does cherokee have a chance? I know they just played there a few weeks ago and score was 35 to 24 was the game that close or did cherokee score in garbage time. Any injuries? Did cherokee practice this past week with no game and looked like they wouldn't make playoffs?

Does cherokee have a chance? I know they just played there a few weeks ago and score was 35 to 24 was the game that close or did cherokee score in garbage time. Any injuries? Did cherokee practice this past week with no game and looked like they wouldn't make playoffs?
What I recall is Andrews was never in trouble in the game. We had 400 total yards of offense and Cherokee scored against our subs with like 39 seconds left. The down side that game which was uncharacteristic of Andrews was we had 100 yds in penalties. The plus side for Andrews is that we now have around 40 players after our undefeated JV team players have moved up and are contributing on both sides of the ball and getting quality minutes which is giving our starters rest time. Having said all this Cherokee will not lay down and it’s always harder to win the second time around. We only have 5 seniors so we have grown a lot as the season has went on.

Does wncc still carry the cherokee games on radio? Will they be in Andrews Friday?

104.1fm out of Franklin covers Cherokee home games not sure about away games.
102.7fm out of Murphy might do it or the Hayesville game.

Because Cherokee is 44th and Albermarle is 45th in the adjusted rankings.

I guess strength of schedule? Playing the big 3 is harder than north Rowan

I get that! But Albemarle is a lot better than Cherokee I assure you.

Robbinsville was alot better than Thomas Jefferson last year but we traveled.
Year before we traveled to MIC and destroyed them.

Reactions: Mhsneer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT