ADVERTISEMENT

CHASE @ Hendersonville

TDCSportsEditor

Jul 24, 2020
This will be one of the biggest games in WNC next Friday. CHASE is 5-0 and Hendersonville sits at 5-1 (loss to Daniel). It is safe to say the winner of this game will be in the driver's seat as far as the Mountain Foothills 7 Conference goes. Hendersonville is a tough place to play. Who ya got?

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
This will be one of the biggest games in WNC next Friday. CHASE is 5-0 and Hendersonville sits at 4-1 (loss to Daniel). It is safe to say the winner of this game will be in the driver's seat as far as the Mountain Foothills 7 Conference goes. Hendersonville is a tough place to play. Who ya got?
Bearcats are 5-1 after last night's game

Reactions: TDCSportsEditor
After watching the Trojans o line last night you better put 8 man in the box and play man. That OL is physical #74 will smack you right in the mouth and they have a RB#6 that can bust one for 80 just like that. But hendo has a qb that’s not afraid of throwing it they have a WR#1 that will make you miss hopefully Trojans d will show up for this one. It’ll be a interesting game to watch.

Two high powered offences in this one. Hendersonville looks to have had the tougher schedule so far and they also have the home field advantage. I'm going with Hendersonville 38, Chase 31 in this battle.

Reactions: UNC91
Its about as questionable as Hendersonvilles
Ours is questionable because we have played fairly good teams? RS isn't bad, North isn't bad, Daniel is going to win state, Polk is ok too. Minus Daniel and RS, everybody scored when it was blowouts and backups.

Reactions: UNC91
Football is about match ups. RS isn't a bad team. Yall talk like they are terrible. Offensively, they are going to give everyone in the conference trouble. That's probably the 1st time hendo has played them so it was a new challenge with nothing to go off of.

This Chase game won't be a blowout either way. Just don't see it. Chase hasn't seen a team like ours this year. We have seen a team BETTER than Chase. This will be a fight.

Since they couldn’t stop RS from running the ball Hendo definitely won’t stop McCombs! Chase has a better Defense than the Hilltoppers as well.
This game will be for the conference title and I wouldn't expect the Bearcats to treat it as anything but that. This match-up is closer than you think. Chase's big line gives #6 a better chance than many give credit to as the o-line is the most unrecognized positions in football. I could be totally wrong, but I don't think Chase is 20 points better than Hendersonville with athletes all over the field.

Very happy for Coach Cogdil and the Chase program. Wishing them luck this Friday. I'll be keeping up with this one.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Football is about match ups. RS isn't a bad team. Yall talk like they are terrible. Offensively, they are going to give everyone in the conference trouble. That's probably the 1st time hendo has played them so it was a new challenge with nothing to go off of.

This Chase game won't be a blowout either way. Just don't see it. Chase hasn't seen a team like ours this year. We have seen a team BETTER than Chase. This will be a fight.
Bro agree with you. Hendo will have hard time stopping chase running attack, chase will not be able stop hendo passing attack. Whichever team makes fewer mistakes will win.

Last week I said I thought Weaver from Polk would get 250 and I was close, and they lost by 30 and it really wasn't that close.... So saying McCombs gets 250 plus isn't going out on a limb....
1st- is Chase defense 30 points better than Polks, I think it is!
2nd- which is better Hendo's running game or Chase's passing game? Toss up
3rd -kicking game? Edge Hendo
4th- Chase's pass rush vs Hendo Oline, u don't have to cover if he can't throw??? Toss up
5th- Hendo pass rush vs Chase Oline, I thought Polk was solid and they chased Beiler all night and he only completed 3 passes, slight edge Hendo
5th- Can Hendo's dbs help in run game and not give up cheap td vs Chase playing Pass defense and letting Hendo run for 150?? Edge Chase
6th-Who wins turnover battle? Toss up
Does homefield really matter in High School??? Slight Edge Hendo at Home
I talked in circles but let me say Chase 50 Hendersonville 49 in a thriller can we buy tickets early? This seems worth more than 7$!!!

Last week I said I thought Weaver from Polk would get 250 and I was close, and they lost by 30 and it really wasn't that close.... So saying McCombs gets 250 plus isn't going out on a limb....
1st- is Chase defense 30 points better than Polks, I think it is!
2nd- which is better Hendo's running game or Chase's passing game? Toss up
3rd -kicking game? Edge Hendo
4th- Chase's pass rush vs Hendo Oline, u don't have to cover if he can't throw??? Toss up
5th- Hendo pass rush vs Chase Oline, I thought Polk was solid and they chased Beiler all night and he only completed 3 passes, slight edge Hendo
5th- Can Hendo's dbs help in run game and not give up cheap td vs Chase playing Pass defense and letting Hendo run for 150?? Edge Chase
6th-Who wins turnover battle? Toss up
Does homefield really matter in High School??? Slight Edge Hendo at Home
I talked in circles but let me say Chase 50 Hendersonville 49 in a thriller can we buy tickets early? This seems worth more than 7$!!!
I think people will be surprised with our defense. Polk's RB got 80% of his yards on 2 runs. Sometimes that happens and again, it's about match ups. I get it, Chase's RB is having a heck of a year. People should be excited about what he is doing. I just know what our team is capable of and that's what I am leaning on. One thing I think you left out is this teams ability to score in 1 play on every drive. Our offense is legit. Our line is pretty good too. We have 4 receivers that can ball as well. Our RB is solid as well for a freshman. Our QB is pretty damn good as well lol. I expect a good game but I gotta go with my Bearcats. No score prediction but I like my team.

Last edited:
No slight Mr Bearcat! I was way wrong last week, and Friday was impressive! Just trying a unbiased preview of a few things. After I went back and read it it pretty much could be used for any game! I didn't add in I think Hendo may have more big game experience. While Chase has that little extra excitement of getting that big game feel, so that ends me saying toss up!
I feel like this is a game of the year candidate in WNC. Papa's and Beer at 530, hopefully all settled in my seat by 7/7:15! Pulling for a shootout that leaves me tired!!

No slight Mr Bearcat! I was way wrong last week, and Friday was impressive! Just trying a unbiased preview of a few things. After I went back and read it it pretty much could be used for any game! I didn't add in I think Hendo may have more big game experience. While Chase has that little extra excitement of getting that big game feel, so that ends me saying toss up!
I feel like this is a game of the year candidate in WNC. Papa's and Beer at 530, hopefully all settled in my seat by 7/7:15! Pulling for a shootout that leaves me tired!!
No slight taken big guy!!!! This could very well be game of the year for sure. The big game experience is definitely a point not discussed for sure. I'm looking forward to a great game. How well does Chase travel?

This will be great game, feel like chase will have couple big fumbles that will be the difference. Hendo 42 chase 35

Reactions: f-ball-ace
Guess I'll ride up check this game out, can't stomach going to see Highland Tech get destroyed,
Also may see these teams in playoffs.
Can anyone tell me has Hendo got there stadium back to normal yet.

Guess I'll ride up check this game out, can't stomach going to see Highland Tech get destroyed,
Also may see these teams in playoffs.
Can anyone tell me has Hendo got there stadium back to normal yet.
Close, better than what it was when you guys came. Still not 100% complete though.

You’ll know it when Chase comes to town. Bank on it!

Chase will move the sticks at will down the field. I am concerned about pass defense though. These two teams just might light up the scoreboard.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT