ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte Catholic Defeats Havelock 28-14 Congrats CC

ItsJustWords252

Sep 10, 2013
Charlotte
Mmm Ima just say this havelock will need to stay displined and not commit stupid unsportmanlike pentalities they cut down a lot in the last game but still had like 2-3 dumb pentalities

From my point of few Charlotte Catholic wins games with their defense havelock does it with both I’m not really worried about Catholic scoring more than 21 and to me u need more than that to beat havelock
I just don’t see Catholic winning this game unless havelock turns the ball over 4-5 times which I don’t believe will happen Catholic will have to pass because havelock will stack that box like they did against western to stop the run

Prediction
Havelock 35 cathlotic 17

I have never seen Havelock but have seen Catholic many times as a neutral 3rd party and direct opponent in high stakes games. Their strength is phenominal execution at a very high level of accuracy. Challenging to prepare for but doable. In our experiences it's been raw athleticism vs. fine-tuned execution with both strengths cancelling the other out. Final game decisions generally have come about from instinctive responses where 1 or 2 plays ultimately decided the winner.

Reactions: dogs79 and seadog28
Havelock is averaging 51 points a game...I remember a havelock team averaging a little more than that and when that team got to the state championship...they realized they wasn't playing concord...and only scored 3 points the whole game...

No worries Catholic. Just play like you always have and it'll be complete domination over the rams.

Last edited:
Lol... crest 91...i remember when crest was so good having tons of talent. Then rumors started flying....coach walked away, players left and they went back to being a non relevant average 3a team!

Lol... crest 91...i remember when crest was so good having tons of talent. Then rumors started flying....coach walked away, players left and they went back to being a non relevant average 3a team!

Your statement is somewhat misleading. Three different HC's have won state, two in the last few years. The one that walked away did it to the tune of a $60k a year raise (30 year retirement and SC HC job). The next HC took over, with one prior year of HC experience, and won the state title where they dominated Havelock. He left after the next season. Current coach is very impressive. Give him some time to see what he can do.

Last edited:

Totally different team and type of players. There is always a hater in the group it should be a really good game. I am true HHS if these two schools play like they should then it should be close the both schools capitalize on mistakes. The small eastern school against the big time western school it is put up or shut up that is all I have to say. The best team will win that day. GO RAMS

Reactions: splitright30trap
In pulling for Havelock. It' all about matchups at key positions. I respect the hell out of Charlotte Catholic! Very classy program

You talking about the year after Barnes left? Just curious..

Your statement is somewhat misleading. Three different HC's have won state, two in the last few years. The one that walked away did it to the tune of a $60k a year raise (30 year retirement and SC HC job). The next HC took over, with one prior year of HC experience, and win the state title were they dominated Havelock. He left after the next season. Current coach is very impressive. Give him some time to see what he can do.

Never mind setchamps he already did my work for me.

Catholic by 3 touchdowns....AT LEAST. This isn’t Western Alamance you are playing. All I can say for Havelock is they better get ready, CC will be.

Catholic by 3 touchdowns....AT LEAST. This isn’t Western Alamance you are playing. All I can say for Havelock is they better get ready, CC will be.

That’s is the same thing they said when HHC played WA this past week watch out for this one and that one. I see you’re a Crest Guy you should go for the western team yes you guys were better that year. IF CC wins no upset but if HHS wins that shouldn’t be a surprise either the numbers say HHS is better but numbers don’t play the game.

This is a different HHS team then the others that won the championships and even lost that one to Crest. They don’t have a chip on their shoulder the only one is tradition and community pride HHS is one of the most successful teams in NC that hardly gets press until we get in the playoffs.

We are that tiny Military back woods town on the east coast. It is ok we will come ready to play CC that should still be 4A team we welcome all comers. So if they take us lightly the 12k a year tuition school will run home with their tail between there legs and I will wear my HHS hat all over Charlotte. I think it will be a close game to be honest both teams will be ready, some one will Get exposed or someone is overrated it could be us it could be them.

The Kids will settle it next week at 3pm and all the old victories mean nothing on that day. It is Zero to Zero on 9 Dec. GO Rams

lol so they all mad at my prediction ? Idc Jay M. Robinson has no wear near the athletes that rams have and like I said cathlotic doesn’t look comfortable passing the ball and they will have to pass that ball u not gonna just run on the rams all night ask southern Nash who had over 4000 rushing yards

In pulling for Havelock. It' all about matchups at key positions. I respect the hell out of Charlotte Catholic! Very classy program

Havelock has the better Lb the better Wr the better Secondary pretty much the better everything

Qb throw for almost 4000 yards and we still have almost 3000 yards rushing lol that’s why I predicted what I predicted only way havelock loses this game is if the refs help cathlotic like they been trying to help everyone else all year

Reactions: steveo358
Havelock is averaging 51 points a game...I remember a havelock team averaging a little more than that and when that team got to the state championship...they realized they wasn't playing concord...and only scored 3 points the whole game...

No worries Catholic. Just play like you always have and it'll be complete domination over the rams.

This is 2017 ain’t 2014 and y’all scored 1 td in the second half good girl no one in this state is stopping this team even the one lost they had this year still put up almost 500 yards of offense but the refs put them in bad positions all night and u can’t do that against good teams

This will be a great game for sure. But if anyone thinks you can stack the box on Catholic and win, you have already lost.

This will be a great game for sure. But if anyone thinks you can stack the box on Catholic and win, you have already lost.
New Bern stacked the box against Catholic and dominated them. They have 26 yards in the first half. Maybe 150 for the game. They had 60-70 yards off one play. Lol Catholic is not a passing team. They try to beat you with misdirection and trying to sneak a receiver out every once in awhile. The problem is. If they have to depend on there passing to come back from 2 scores down then it will be trouble for them. Theres a reason why they make it this far every year but struggle to win if they play from behind. They can't depend on there passing game to bring them back. They don't do it enough to be consistent. They average right at 100 yards a game. They havnt needed to pass all year. Same thing the year New Bern beat them!

Reactions: steveo358
lol so they all mad at my prediction ? Idc Jay M. Robinson has no wear near the athletes that rams have and like I said cathlotic doesn’t look comfortable passing the ball and they will have to pass that ball u not gonna just run on the rams all night ask southern Nash who had over 4000 rushing yards

But SN did run all night. Holds were the only thing that stopped SN from scoring except for the first drive in the second half. That said Havelocks offense is unreal and deceptive. I suspect CC will be the best defense Havelock has seen. I’ll be pulling for the east.

But SN did run all night. Holds were the only thing that stopped SN from scoring except for the first drive in the second half. That said Havelocks offense is unreal and deceptive. I suspect CC will be the best defense Havelock has seen. I’ll be pulling for the east.
Thats true but once southern Nash got behind by 10. The game was over. Southern Nash played ball control. Catholic will do the same thing!

The one thing Catholic won’t do is beat themselves. I remember years ago when they were in Albemarle’s conference and I was on the chain gang their coaches would make adjustments on the sideline during the game and they only had to tell the players what to do once unlike most teams. They won’t beat themselves.

After watching the Havelock Western Alamance game and looking at every catholic video I could see, Catholic better bring their A game. If they aren't careful, it will become a blowout fast. Havelock 47, Catholic 7

This is going to be a good one. Catholic has got a stout defense and will test Havelock's offense.

Holds are gonna happen if u run all night and the difference is with southern Nash is their whole back field could run and are sprinters the only person that’s decently fast is cathlotic running back

I’ve watch cathlotic play all year I’m sorry I’m impressed but still don’t feel like they are any better than any teams we played in these playoffs cathlotic ain’t rolling havelock if anyone’s gets rolled it will be cathlotic
You havent watched CC all year. By your posts anyone who actually has can tell youre a fraud. If youd watch CC at all you'd know this team is your typical CC team but with speed on D which they lacked at times in the past.
Also since youve watched us all year can you tell me how CC dealt with the athletes of Charlotte Christian and Marvin Ridge?

You havent watched CC all year. By your posts anyone who actually has can tell youre a fraud. If youd watch CC at all you'd know this team is your typical CC team but with speed on D which they lacked at times in the past.
Also since youve watched us all year can you tell me how CC dealt with the athletes of Charlotte Christian and Marvin Ridge?
They have no clue man. Y’all go show them!

Reactions: frifalcon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT