ADVERTISEMENT

2A Central Carolina Conference

EDEagle66

Oct 29, 2014
Any thoughts on how the conference will play out this year for varsity girls? I think the top three teams will be as follows:

1) Ledford
2) Salisbury
3) East Davidson

East is pretty much returning there whole team from last season and should be pretty good this year.

I think those top three could end up finishing in any of those slots. Those will be some good battles.

I've got a question. Do you think Oak Grove can make a significant impact?

S Rowan returns all their players as well. They could finish in the top 3. Also, West returns all their starters and their pt guard returns after ACL tear. She played 1 of the 3 times against East, and West beat East when she played.
Oak Grove will be extremely young and struggled over the summer when I saw them play.
After Ledford; Salisbury, East, West, South and North can all beat up on each other.

Should be an interesting season... good basketball at the top half of the conference. Has anyone seen the teams scrimmage or heard about the scrimmages?

Early observations:
Girls side is loaded. Whoever finishes in the middle of the pack could most likely finish first in a few other conferences. 3 teams are currently in top 10 in 2A, on maxpreps.
Ledford looks loaded. Closest game has been 20 points. I still look for them to win the conference and fight for a state title. Not many teams can match their speed and defense. Their lack of size does not hurt them with their intensity.
East Davidson is looking impressive. They don't wow you with their athletic ability but have good bb iq's and good shooters.
Salisbury has a very talented trio in Troutman/Capito/Fusion. Troutman is a match up nightmare. There is a significant drop after those three, but that may not hurt them.
West Davidson is much improved and a hard team to match up with. They have size and their pt guard has returned from her knee surgery.
South Rowan has a great player in Downs, but can she carry them to finish in the top.
North Davidson has three good guards but lack inside play. The three guards are great shooters but will have a hard time with bigger teams.
Thomasville looks to be a little improved with some help for Dee Long. Two decent freshman are helping them be competitive.
Lexington/Central and Oak Grove will most likely finish at the bottom.
I see it playing out:
1- Ledford
2- East D
3- Salisbury
4- West D
5- South Rowan
6- North D
7- Thomasville
8- Lexington
9- Central D
10- Oak Grove

The boys side is weak and looks fairly open.

Early observations:
Girls side is loaded. Whoever finishes in the middle of the pack could most likely finish first in a few other conferences. 3 teams are currently in top 10 in 2A, on maxpreps.
Ledford looks loaded. Closest game has been 20 points. I still look for them to win the conference and fight for a state title. Not many teams can match their speed and defense. Their lack of size does not hurt them with their intensity.
East Davidson is looking impressive. They don't wow you with their athletic ability but have good bb iq's and good shooters.
Salisbury has a very talented trio in Troutman/Capito/Fusion. Troutman is a match up nightmare. There is a significant drop after those three, but that may not hurt them.
West Davidson is much improved and a hard team to match up with. They have size and their pt guard has returned from her knee surgery.
South Rowan has a great player in Downs, but can she carry them to finish in the top.
North Davidson has three good guards but lack inside play. The three guards are great shooters but will have a hard time with bigger teams.
Thomasville looks to be a little improved with some help for Dee Long. Two decent freshman are helping them be competitive.
Lexington/Central and Oak Grove will most likely finish at the bottom.
I see it playing out:
1- Ledford
2- East D
3- Salisbury
4- West D
5- South Rowan
6- North D
7- Thomasville
8- Lexington
9- Central D
10- Oak Grove

The boys side is weak and looks fairly open.

Salisbury beat Ledford and Lexington beat North Davidson. It's early though!!

Salisbury ladies with quite the statement this week! Two huge wins

They still have to play East and Ledford one more time. East lost to Salisbury tonight 45-40. At one point in the second half East had it down to 1 point but that was it.

Quite a statement from Ledford last night. That conference tournament is going to be bananas.

East didn't play well at all last night. That was the first time I had ever saw them commit so many turnovers in one game. You just can't win games with as many turnovers and mistakes as they had last night. East settled for too many jump shots instead of taking the ball to the basket.

Conference play has been fun to watch. I’ve never seen so many players, in one conference, that can score like some of these ladies. Thorne- Ledford, Troutman and Fusion-Sal, long- TV, Anders-ED, Downs-SR and a few others. Any of these ladies can and have dropped 30 plus, in one night.

Conference play has been fun to watch. I’ve never seen so many players, in one conference, that can score like some of these ladies. Thorne- Ledford, Troutman and Fusion-Sal, long- TV, Anders-ED, Downs-SR and a few others. Any of these ladies can and have dropped 30 plus, in one night.

I think the worst thing they ever did to high school and college basketball is the 3 point shot. Too many players are quick to settle for jump shots instead of getting a higher percentage shot.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
These teams should be battled tested, come play off time. I can see over half the conference teams, heading to the playoffs

The first round of conference play has been completed, with the exception of n davidson and s rowan. The standings as of today:

Salisbury 8-1
Ledford 8-1
E Davidson 7-2
S Rowan 6-2
Tville 5-4
W Davidson 4-5
Lexington 3-6
N Davidson 2-6
C Davidson 1-8
Oak Grove 0-9

It appears that any of the top 4 teams can win the conference. Though 5-8, are no push overs.
As mentioned, S Rowan also beat Salisbury in the Xmas tourn and West Davidson shocked Ledford in their Xmas tourn.
The second half should be entertaining.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT