ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic vs ACR

footsoldier

Aug 24, 2003
Parts Unknown
I may be mistaken but it seems the last time Catholic went to Asheville we played ACR and had to show them how it’s done on their field. That’s how I recall it. Now I’m wondering what might happen this time then again maybe I’m not because they struggled against the eight seed on their field last night. So that doesn’t say a whole lot for the program. I don’t think it does, do you? ACR seems to be one of those programs that is consistently mediocre and sometimes they get lucky and win something but maybe I’m thinking of another team up there. I’m looking forward to the game and after last night yeah I’m not really that worried about these guys. What’s your take on all this for the defending state champs?

429A609D-6322-442F-AA9E-86AB3A6FD3E1_zpselt6qmmc.jpeg

Wow maybe we can continue to improve. I mean we upset Crest last night. Maybe we get lucky.

Catholic is a much better team than Crest. The fact Crest came out so ready to play bounced back immediately from Catholics first drive and played them so tough at their place speaks to how well the Crest kids are coached and were prepared.

I may be mistaken but it seems the last time Catholic went to Asheville we played ACR and had to show them how it’s done on their field. That’s how I recall it. Now I’m wondering what might happen this time then again maybe I’m not because they struggled against the eight seed on their field last night. So that doesn’t say a whole lot for the program. I don’t think it does, do you? ACR seems to be one of those programs that is consistently mediocre and sometimes they get lucky and win something but maybe I’m thinking of another team up there. I’m looking forward to the game and after last night yeah I’m not really that worried about these guys. What’s your take on all this for the defending state champs?

Bulletin board material.

In all seriousness, I hope ACR can win. Also, in all seriousness, it will take having the breaks fall in ACR's favor. We have over achieved in my opinion this year. We start a 14 year old freshman at QB who didn't have the benefit of a summer workout to learn, a new running back and several along the o-line with very little varsity experience. There is a good bit of talent on this team but experience is limited. While I think the future is bright for ACR with the current underclassmen, right now is a growing time and a time to gain some experience for many on this team. I do know that Coach Laws and his staff will have our guys competing until the end. I hope all you folks from CC have a safe trip up the mountain.

CC has never Played ACR.get it right b4 u start flapping.lol

If this game is close in the fourth quarter it’ll favor Reynolds. Coach laws moved his all time record at Reynolds to 65-0 in games decided by 8 points or less last week

Reactions: wncbowhunter
If this game is close in the fourth quarter it’ll favor Reynolds. Coach laws moved his all time record at Reynolds to 65-0 in games decided by 8 points or less last week
That sounds all good and wonderful but not true. Kings Mountain, Weddington (twice, once in OT), and our last conference loss way back in 2014 to Erwin by 3.

That sounds all good and wonderful but not true. Kings Mountain, Weddington (twice, once in OT), and our last conference loss way back in 2014 to Erwin by 3.
Your last conference loss was to us in 2014 when we beat the hell out of yall. I don’t want to talk about since then

Your last conference loss was to us in 2014 when we beat the hell out of yall. I don’t want to talk about since then
I was just testing you, yes you beat us the week after Erwin did in 2014, but it was 27-14 so that hardly qualifies as beating the hell out of anyone.

I was just testing you, yes you beat us the week after Erwin did in 2014, but it was 27-14 so that hardly qualifies as beating the hell out of anyone.
Yea but we were up 27-0 lol. Please dude let me just have this one thing. It’s been a long time since 2014 when we were a great team. Good luck Friday to the rockets!

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
Yea but we were up 27-0 lol. Please dude let me just have this one thing. It’s been a long time since 2014 when we were a great team. Good luck Friday to the rockets!
You got my friend! You dominated us in 2014! We need all the luck we can get Friday!!! Thanks!

Reactions: AhsCougar1
Yea Reynolds has never won anything like 2 state titles and isn't usually the best team west of Shelby each year. Must be Enka right?

Yea Reynolds has never won anything like 2 state titles and isn't usually the best team west of Shelby each year. Must be Enka right?
Pucker up Titan man. In three days the THUNDER rolls up the hill to Trashville and you will be struck down harder than a sledgehammer on a piñata. Bring your snot rags, you’ll need them.

9F95CB00-089A-46D7-834E-243D89570346_zpspbmbrgzh.jpeg

“Did you say AC Reynolds can beat Catholic”?

AC Reynolds pulled off a 13-12 victory over Asheville.

Weddington just beat Asheville 42-0 while playing their sloppiest 1st half of the entire season.

AC Reynolds won't be able to keep this one close, they will be glad that Catholic runs so much as the beatdown will be quick with the clock never stopping

• Haha
Reactions: footsoldier
So Laws wasn’t coaching ACR when they lost 27-24 to Southern Durham and 24-21 to Mount Tabor in 2018? Or 17-10 against Kings Mountain last year? Or 28-21 and 21-13 against Weddington in 2015 and 2016 respectively?

So Laws wasn’t coaching ACR when they lost 27-24 to Southern Durham and 24-21 to Mount Tabor in 2018? Or 17-10 against Kings Mountain last year? Or 28-21 and 21-13 against Weddington in 2015 and 2016 respectively?
Yeah I named a few of those above, I didn’t go through all of them, but yes he was coaching then. I believe AshCougar1 was just having a good time posting that. He knows it’s not true, just joking I believe, he’s not that naive.

Reactions: AhsCougar1
Yeah I named a few of those above, I didn’t go through all of them, but yes he was coaching then. I believe AshCougar1 was just having a good time posting that. He knows it’s not true, just joking I believe, he’s not that naive.
Yeah, that was the sense I got from it after reading on down. I need to remember to keep reading before responding to posts....

I know with West Rowan they are young as a whole. But they had Zeek Biggers 6’ 6” 330 tackle who is going to Georgia Tech. Any of fans in the Asheville area see this game. Was wandering how ACR handled Z. Biggers. The game was tight as we know 14-7. I think Catholic will be favored but I could be wrong. I know KM is wanting that rematch with Catholic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT