ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic @ Sun Valley

CatholicCougs14

Jan 4, 2013
Big game in Monroe on Friday night in Monroe as Catholic looks to get a 7-0 start and 3-0 conference start. Sun Valley may or may not be without starting QB Sam Howell who hurt his shoulder vs Weddington. I was told he did not play in Sun Valley's win over Parkwood last week.

If Howell is not 100% I don't think that bodes well for Sun Valley, CC's front 7 is nasty this year and their pass rush will be on top of him all night long. Looking at the film of the Weddington game Howell is very good and can move, but with that shoulder not being at 100% you have to wonder how ready he is.

I'm trying to figure out if Howell will even play but all my Union County guys in the know suddenly know nothing.

The Cougars on offense again looked very good a week ago punting I believe only once when the first team offense was on the field. They shredded a decent Weddington team on the ground and through the air with Chris Walton throwing for 202 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Milan Howard is as good as they come, how more colleges are not offering him is truly beyond me, but those offers will come soon enough.

On defense, Catholic looks very very good. They're giving up an average of seven points per game and has still only been scored on once when the first team D is on the field since week 1.

This week will test Catholic, but I truly think if the pass rush continues to play like they have these past two weeks this game can get ugly very quickly especially if Howell does not play.

I am looking for Catholic to expose the weakness in Sun Valley's defense and tire them out as the game goes on.

I can honestly see this game turning into a running clock if Catholic is on their game.

At least this week, when SV is chucking the ball 60 yards downfield with 3 mins to go and their starters in, they'll be on the receiving end of the running clock.......;)

At least this week, when SV is chucking the ball 60 yards downfield with 3 mins to go and their starters in, they'll be on the receiving end of the running clock.......;)
Kinda sad to hear that. There are so many teams that whine about running up the score when they get 50+ put on them yet have no issue doing the same to other teams. However, I am a believer that it isn't SV's job to stop themselves. Although leaving your starters in that late it a bit odd especially if youre worried about injuries.

SV had backup in, the last TD was with 3rd string QB, a freshman they pulled up as a kicker, because our kicker went down during the Wed game. Just saying

When I was in high school Sun Valley was the worst football program for fifty miles in any direction. It was so bad even their players cracked jokes about Spartan football.

But one day Scott Stein said hello and turned a perpetually abysmal team into a championship contender. Unfortunately Coach Stein is no longer with the Spartans and the return to insignificance well underway. Sad.

In two days Catholic will open up Sun Valley faster than a turkey pot pie on a fat man’s TV tray and there’s nothing anyone can do about it. Nothing. I told you it would be this way Union County but you didn’t want to listen and you saw what we did to Weddington. Little kids crying in the stands when it was 35-0 at halftime. Parents in disbelief arguing with one another about how can this be. Oh yes my friends and the same will occur once more in 48 hours and it’s the only thing that will occur.

The storm is coming Spartans. Run.

Last edited:
Reactions: CatholicCougs14
Sun Valley is the Chocowinity of the Union County area... The name is familiar, but its just not good football

Our young friend CatholicCoug didn't believe me when I said 49-7 over Weddington, but alas, he owes me a tray of Bridges finest when he decides to leave the friendly confines of Charlotte for a meander over into Cleveland County... Told him to bring you as well.. Ill supply the deep friend peanuts and perhaps a trip over into town and drop young Derek off and laugh as we are driving away? What do you say?

Sun Valley is the Chocowinity of the Union County area... The name is familiar, but its just not good football

Our young friend CatholicCoug didn't believe me when I said 49-7 over Weddington, but alas, he owes me a tray of Bridges finest when he decides to leave the friendly confines of Charlotte for a meander over into Cleveland County... Told him to bring you as well.. Ill supply the deep friend peanuts and perhaps a trip over into town and drop young Derek off and laugh as we are driving away? What do you say?
Fried peanuts? I'll pass there Loin boy, but Bridges on me!

I say we put him on the ground probably around Lineberger Street by the railroad tracks, pick up Leo, work some Q at Bridges, then go back and see if he’s still around. We’ll give him a can of postal certified pepper spray and a job application. That should keep the troublemakers at bay. Hahahahahahahaha.

What’s up young man? I’m excited about my Cougars. They appear truly unstoppable and I will not miss one snap, not one. Good luck for Shelby, as if they need any, on the quest for another title in the old north state. It’s time for your return to Keffer Mr. G. Things have changed here. You wouldn’t recognize the place. Come see us brother. -Lee

Catholic by as much as they want. The small 3A is locked up...

With Dudley having trouble, 3AA could be open for business

So we all know in the eyes of CatholicCougs14, there is no one even close to as good as the Mighty Cougars and you might as well give them the title now. But for those of you on here that like to see championships won on the field and not on message boards, two teams out of the east in Southern Nash or Western Alamance may provide some opposition. Does anybody know much about either of them? I know Western Alamance pretty well and they are very good at the skill positions.

So we all know in the eyes of CatholicCougs14, there is no one even close to as good as the Mighty Cougars and you might as well give them the title now. But for those of you on here that like to see championships won on the field and not on message boards, two teams out of the east in Southern Nash or Western Alamance may provide some opposition. Does anybody know much about either of them? I know Western Alamance pretty well and they are very good at the skill positions.
ConnerP on here is pretty good w/the mid state. I know WA is good but who have they played? Go ahead, I'll wait

I've had a good amount of conversations with people in the Raleigh area who are much more familiar with the east.
You forgot to mention Havelock as well I think they will be a major player as well. Also don't forget Eastern Guilford might drop down to 3A out east which changes things.
I'm not crowing Catholic yet at all. I do think they are one of the best teams in the state, but as ConnorP texted me and he was right on the money saying if anyone thinks they have a state title wrapped up they will have a rude awakening.

When I was in high school Sun Valley was the worst football program for fifty miles in any direction. It was so bad even their players cracked jokes about Spartan football.

But one day Scott Stein said hello and turned a perpetually abysmal team into a championship contender. Unfortunately Coach Stein is no longer with the Spartans and the return to insignificance well underway. Sad.

In two days Catholic will open up Sun Valley faster than a turkey pot pie on a fat man’s TV tray and there’s nothing anyone can do about it. Nothing. I told you it would be this way Union County but you didn’t want to listen and you saw what we did to Weddington. Little kids crying in the stands when it was 35-0 at halftime. Parents in disbelief arguing with one another about how can this be. Oh yes my friends and the same will occur once more in 48 hours and it’s the only thing that will occur.

The storm is coming Spartans. Run.
Your funny lol! Your right a storm is coming and one of the biggest upsets in a while. Enjoy foots. See you at the Valley. Upset brewing

Big game in Monroe on Friday night in Monroe as Catholic looks to get a 7-0 start and 3-0 conference start. Sun Valley may or may not be without starting QB Sam Howell who hurt his shoulder vs Weddington. I was told he did not play in Sun Valley's win over Parkwood last week.

If Howell is not 100% I don't think that bodes well for Sun Valley, CC's front 7 is nasty this year and their pass rush will be on top of him all night long. Looking at the film of the Weddington game Howell is very good and can move, but with that shoulder not being at 100% you have to wonder how ready he is.

I'm trying to figure out if Howell will even play but all my Union County guys in the know suddenly know nothing.

The Cougars on offense again looked very good a week ago punting I believe only once when the first team offense was on the field. They shredded a decent Weddington team on the ground and through the air with Chris Walton throwing for 202 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Milan Howard is as good as they come, how more colleges are not offering him is truly beyond me, but those offers will come soon enough.

On defense, Catholic looks very very good. They're giving up an average of seven points per game and has still only been scored on once when the first team D is on the field since week 1.

This week will test Catholic, but I truly think if the pass rush continues to play like they have these past two weeks this game can get ugly very quickly especially if Howell does not play.

I am looking for Catholic to expose the weakness in Sun Valley's defense and tire them out as the game goes on.

I can honestly see this game turning into a running clock if Catholic is on their game.

You are getting soft these days...................Since you want to be all humble and that stuff, I will say it for you.
CCC with a running clock by 3rd Qrtr.
See, that wasn't so bad telling the truth.........:)

ive see a lot of teams that looked unbeatable on paper. only to go down in the playoffs.winning the state is very tough.havent seen catholic play and they sure seem to be at the top most every year. good luck the rest of the way till we get to play you guys i hope. go green

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT