ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic finishes 16-0, wins 5th state title

I got mine at a public school with kids from my hometown. We earned ours, you bought yours...big difference. Different level of respect.

No.. just different level of redneck posting more impotent and intellectually lazy remarks.. Of course in your red neck of the woods that is respected.

No.. just different level of redneck posting more impotent and intellectually lazy remarks.. Of course in your red neck of the woods that is respected.
Since you seem to be THE HEAD ALTA BOY of CHARLOTTE CATHOLIC HS is there a reference to go to finding all the percentages of enrollment you are boosting about are is this just more fake news.

what a bunch 0f bull crap you pope boys know you can get players from where every you want along as they can pay private school tuition or who ever pays for it. You are fooling your self if you do not think that other PUBLIC SCHOOL IN THIS AREA DO NOT KNOW JUST HOW UNFAIR THIS IS. Hopefully the NCHSA will fix this injustice in the near future.

Since Charlotte Catholic has recruited all the good players from around the CLT area, and I guess based on your logic, the state of NC, they should have a least 4 or 5 players in the shrine bowl, correct? I count zero....

I am not connected to Charlotte Catholic but I did some research a few years ago. Nothing official but just more for my own interest.

The Catholic population was about 3.6% of the state's population. The information that I was provided by an adminstrator at Catholic was that right at 96% of the school population was of the Catholic faith. It was a few percentage points less for the students that were official members of the local Diocese and were active members of the Church.

I did not get any official count of the football team but from my knowledge through youth football in the area and knowing a lot of high school coaches in Mecklenburg, Cabarrus, and Union counties it was evident that the football players that people recognized, such as starters, came up through the Catholic middle school. Personally, I think this is their biggest advantage, they start playing "Catholic" football early.

The Catholic population has grown somewhat percentage wise over the years as more people from the north and midwest move to the state. This is why Christ The King, a brother school to Charlotte Catholic, was built in the Huntersville area. That school opening is what caused Catholic's enrollment to drop. CTK does field a football team but I believe they are playing independent or now in the NCISAA.

Reactions: stanlycocatholic
Since Charlotte Catholic has recruited all the good players from around the CLT area, and I guess based on your logic, the state of NC, they should have a least 4 or 5 players in the shrine bowl, correct? I count zero....

Shrine Bowl limits two players per school. Been a few Catholic players play in the game over the years. When they go look for the super stud footballers Catholic is not the first stop. Athletic ability and size are not Catholic's main calling cards. They have some of that but not in abundance.

Since you seem to be THE HEAD ALTA BOY of CHARLOTTE CATHOLIC HS is there a reference to go to finding all the percentages of enrollment you are boosting about are is this just more fake news.

Ernest T MOUNTIE

I am not sure of the term HEAD alter Boy fits, but a tenure as an Altar boy that included serving on no less than 11 High masses and one Holy Orders ceremony might qualify me for some status. Maybe one less Hail Mary to say.

However with each post your status as as REDNECk seem to grow ever brighter. What intellectual status you exhibit where one requests help to find such easily available information from qualified sources.

I will caution you that even the easiest information to find might need to be analyzed with some mathematical functions like division and/or other functions like addition and subtraction.

NO doubt your credibility could gain authentic perspective from absorbing the intellectual initiative provided by Btango. Maybe you can share his information so that EVERYONE KNOW IT.

It might shock you but Catholics make up the largest religious denomination in the US, but in North Carolina it might be considered Missionary territory. With the amount of immigration and relocations to North Carolina from areas with typical populations percentages of Catholics the % of catholics will continue to grow from its 1% to 2% from just a decade or two ago to todays 2.5% to 3.5 %. Heaven forbid they might just move into your neighborhood. This growth has resulted in a new Catholic High school created in Northern area of Mecklenburg County.

In the meantime enjoy your special status and defend your redneck BS with EVERYONE KNOW IT

Last edited:
Reactions: The Lake Man
With a little polish ALL of the rings will sparkle and shine. Unfortunately for you.. there is no polish for rubbing the redneck out of Earnest T Mountie.

CATHOLIC should not be aloud to compete for public high school state championships in any sport they are not in the NC PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM.
The last time I checked the association is the North Carolina HIGH SCHOOL Athletic Association, not the PUBLIC SCHOOL Athletic Association.

The last time I checked the association is the North Carolina HIGH SCHOOL Athletic Association, not the PUBLIC SCHOOL Athletic Association.

Mr Honda

Your answer represents someone who checked and performed an intellectual function to determine a thought. The process of EVERYONE KNOW IT would be confused by the need to do anything like this. However, EVERYONE KNOW it will always represent being 100% certain in an opinion of which they know so little about.

This has and will always be the most ridiculous subject on this or any other board. Its just ignorance on steriods. You dont need enrollment numbers, you dont need the Catholic population and you dont need to check the Catholic payroll. Here is what you need to do......

Go watch Charlotte Catholic in July at a 7 on 7 . Kids in shorts and T-shirts. Watch them play and tell me which kid was recruited. It looks like a bunch of kids trying out to be the next boy band. Backstreet boys, Nsync, One direction....They are your starting LB', DB's and wideouts. Throw in a couple heavy ankle Olineman and you have your 2017 3a Champs .

Then they put pads on and run the ball down your throat and dont miss tackles. Coaching and execution. The rest of this is just another example of blaming something or someone you dont understand for your own failures.

Guy down the street has a nicer house, nicer car, hotter wife.............gotta be cheating. Nope, just worked harder while you were playing video games in the trailer park with your boy Jethro.

Here's what I will say on the topic of Catholic... nobody cares until they win in football. Cross country, tennis, golf, swimming, volleyball, soccer, lacrosse... nobody cares. It was the same in South Carolina with Bishop England. I think they had won like 20 state volleyball titles in a row and nobody cared until they won in football. It's why you hear very little about Bishop McGuiness or Cardinal Gibbons now. Sure, a squeak here and there but not so much.

Is there a different set of rules...sure...to an extent but so what. Fewer discipline problems probably and families that are involved enough to shell out the coin to send kids to a Private (Parochial if you prefer) school. Line up and play the game.

Let me be clear. I am no supporter of Catholic. I'm not one of their fans. I have been to a game of theirs. I have walked on their field & sideline & among their players. Nepsy calls them the NASA interns. They look like the soccer team, the golf team, the ROTC and the debate club. I'm not saying they don't have some big boys or good athletes either but..
I'll say this...they won't scare anybody getting off the bus. When they walk into your stadium in street clothes, 9 out of 10 of you will think your team is gonna whip their a** and then the game starts. Most of you would think these kids wouldn't make your team much less be able to contribute or start. You'd hope one was a good punter.
They don't typically win because they out athlete teams. They win because they out execute. If this was Florida, which is the wild Wild West of HS recruiting and kids transfer in droves every year, these players wouldn't get called.
I spoke to one of their starting DBs this year at a game. He had an interception, about a dozen tackles and a scoop & score. He was a baller. He was also "yes, sir", "no, sir" & "pleasure to meet you, sir" He was probably 5'8" & 150 lbs in his cleats and with his pads on. If he showed up at tryouts at Havelock, Dudley, Crest, Rocky Mount, AC Reynolds, Reidsville, Shelby or Mallard Creek. He'd be lucky to get a shot at the scout team based on appearance alone.

I wrote this on a previous thread when this topic came up. I stand by it. If you think Catholic is winning because of recruiting, you really are delusional. Catholic rarely out athletes anybody they play. They sure as heck line up and out execute them. Ya kinda know what’s coming & you gotta find a way to stop them. They find a way to stop you... even if you have 7 D-1 recruits.

Line up and play the game. If you get beat, shake hands then get back to work and get better. It builds character. It’s what winners do.

Last edited:
I wrote this on a previous thread when this topic came up. I stand by it. If you think Catholic is winning because of recruiting, you really are delusional. Catholic rarely out athletes anybody they play. They sure as heck line up and out execute them. Ya kinda know what’s coming & you gotta find a way to stop them. They find a way to stop you... even if you have 7 D-1 recruits.

Line up and play the game. If you get beat, shake hands then get back to work and get better. It builds character. It’s what winners do.
I could care less if CC wins or loses the fact is that a private school should not be allow to join a public school conference and play in state playoffs period. they should play with the other private schools and their playoffs. Hoping that the NCHSA will correct this matter in the near future.

I could care less if CC wins or loses the fact is that a private school should not be allow to join a public school conference and play in state playoffs period. they should play with the other private schools and their playoffs. Hoping that the NCHSA will correct this matter in the near future.
That is false, you wouldn't care at all if CC was Bunker Hill and won 3-5 games a year. I never hear anyone complain about Bishop McGuiness football, you know why? Because they aren't any good. So that is an outright lie.

Playing video games in your trailer park with your boy Jethro

May be the best and funniest line since someone called Lawndale Diet Cherryville andI live in Lawndale

Good work B and G good work sir

Catholic will never win the eye test but they will destroy you with execution and fundamentally sound Football

Disagree, 51 voted for, the rest did not participate. If you have the opportunity to vote and fail to do so shame on you, 82% of those that did expressed their opinion.

btango is 100 percent correct. The NCHSAA considers not voting for a measure as a "no".

What is the NCHSA?

It's the NCHSAA. The NCHSAA bylaws stipulate that a non-boarding parochial school may join the NCHSAA. Charlotte Catholic has been a member of the NCHSAA since the 1970's and I might add that they have an excellent reputation of abiding by the NCHSAA rules. I'm not Catholic nor do I root for Charlotte Catholic but I do recognize a class act.

What is the NCHSA?

It's the NCHSAA. The NCHSAA bylaws stipulate that a non-boarding parochial school may join the NCHSAA. Charlotte Catholic has been a member of the NCHSAA since the 1970's and I might add that they have an excellent reputation of abiding by the NCHSAA rules. I'm not Catholic nor do I root for Charlotte Catholic but I do recognize a class act.
Bylaws or not that still does not make it right and I can assure you that I am not the only one that feel this way and I am hopeful that the NCHSAA will revisit this matter in the near future.

Bylaws or not that still does not make it right and I can assure you that I am not the only one that feel this way and I am hopeful that the NCHSAA will revisit this matter in the near future.

Uhm....what? Have you read the NCHSAA bylaws? If not I'll be glad to give you a copy of the bylaws because your reasoning does not reflect what has been passed. The NCHSAA consists of all NCHSAA member schools who agreed to this bylaw stipulation that non-parochial boarding schools can be a member so yes, it's right.

Your logic is what makes you a redneck. You have no basis except the EVERYONE know IT. They are just different, just different.. says the REDNECK... WOW just WOW

I try to stay quiet on this issue, but sometimes you just gotta speak up. Mountie Pride has nothing but jealously and envy in his heart. He sees Catholic winning year after year, title after title and he is jealous. I guarantee you that he wouldn't even think about CC if they were 6-5 every year with the occasional third round appearance. He has proven that by his logic, Kings Mountain and Catholic have never played in football and since I've been here not sure they've even met up in any sport period.
It comes with the territory, you win a lot people will cry foul. They did it with Independence, they do it with Mallard Creek and they do it with Catholic because they just have to be cheating. No, maybe they're just better on the field than you are, maybe they just work hard and have tremendous coaching and kids who buy in and listen.
The real advantage is Catholic's system that every school in the state should try and emulate. A middle school feeder system that I believe in second to none in this state. I've brought coaches who come on here and say we recruit to games and asked them to show me who we recruited and every single time they go "I take back every word I said about you guys recruiting."
Want to beat Catholic? Man up and get better or shut your mouth. Period.
Side note: If CC was really recruiting wouldn't we have multiple power 5 kids every single year? We haven't had a kid sign to a power 5 school since 2015 when Conner Miller went to Wake and Xander Gagnon went to Duke. If we are really recruiting then damn we suck at it.

Reactions: daviekid
Your logic is what makes you a redneck. You have no basis except the EVERYONE know IT. They are just different, just different.. says the REDNECK... WOW just WOW

I am not sure if he’s a redneck or not. I also don’t know if he’s anti-Catholic or if he’s just jealous. He’s yet to provide any evidence that CC has an unfair advantage. He has, however, proven that he’s not a scholar.

I am not sure if he’s a redneck or not. I also don’t know if he’s anti-Catholic or if he’s just jealous. He’s yet to provide any evidence that CC has an unfair advantage. He has, however, proven that he’s not a scholar.

lake man.. I am not one for throwing around hyperbole or speaking in ill terms of anyone. Occasionally I will throw a good natured brick. However in this select case I decided to make an exception. You know you are a redneck,, when you use as a basis for any argument the following go to redneck statement of proof.. EVERYONE KNOW IT. That is an automatic qualifier.

Of course he could be just stupid, or as you politely assert "challenged as a scholar". However, I am going with both of these PLUS he is a total REDNECK.

lake man.. I am not one for throwing around hyperbole or speaking in ill terms of anyone. Occasionally I will throw a good natured brick. However in this select case I decided to make an exception. You know you are a redneck,, when you use as a basis for any argument the following go to redneck statement of proof.. EVERYONE KNOW IT. That is an automatic qualifier.

Of course he could be just stupid, or as you politely assert "challenged as a scholar". However, I am going with both of these PLUS he is a total REDNECK.
Wow it sounds like that I have struck a nerve with you POPE BOYS with all of this name calling it seem to me that you need to go to confession and ask for forgiveness.Because down deep inside you all know that you are wrong.

Listen brother, as a fellow Cleveland County resident (which I'm assuming you are) Charlotte Catholic is legit. Crest has played them with public school boys and won...you wanna argue about that recruiting then fine you can join up with Burns fellas and have a RA meeting (aka recruiting anonymous) Northern Guilford has also played them with public school athletes and won...catholic did not blow out havelock, Catholic did not blow out J H Rose...catholic just won. Fair and square let it go. Hell Catholic lost the ship a year ago to Vance I think? That's a public school.

Last edited:
Wow it sounds like that I have struck a nerve with you POPE BOYS with all of this name calling it seem to me that you need to go to confession and ask for forgiveness.Because down deep inside you all know that you are wrong.

"it seem to me"?

Wrong about what? Have you not reviewed the bylaws? These bylaws were approved by all NCHSAAA member schools. So please tell us, wrong about what?

Listen brother, as a fellow Cleveland County resident (which I'm assuming you are) Charlotte Catholic is legit. Crest has played them with public school boys and won...you wanna argue about that recruiting then fine you can join up with Burns fellas and have a RA meeting (aka recruiting anonymous) Northern Guilford has also played them with public school athletes and won...catholic did not blow out havelock, Catholic did not blow out J H Rose...catholic just won. Fair and square let it go. Hell Catholic lost the ship a year ago to Vance I think? That's a public school.
Beat Vance, lost to New Bern in ship

There you go.. with EVERYONE KNOW IT... deep down to your core... the RedNeck creed.... For the record I am not judging you because you are a redneck... it is your right... and you do it well. My god, you might be on the REDNECK ALL American team. I am simply reporting the result.. therefore no act of contrition is necessary. Not sure I will even speak of it when I confess all of my sins.. Besides Father WING T from the Naples diocese would probably just cut me off and say ... can you believe that redneck god bless him and I can see Sister Mary Gestapo shaking her head and saying BLESS his silly heart.

There you go.. with EVERYONE KNOW IT... deep down to your core... the RedNeck creed.... For the record I am not judging you because you are a redneck... it is your right... and you do it well. My god, you might be on the REDNECK ALL American team. I am simply reporting the result.. therefore no act of contrition is necessary. Not sure I will even speak of it when I confess all of my sins.. Besides Father WING T from the Naples diocese would probably just cut me off and say ... can you believe that redneck god bless him and I can see Sister Mary Gestapo shaking her head and saying BLESS his silly heart.
All I can end with is congratulations to the 2017 bylaws state champions CHARLOTTE CHATOLIC and their name calling loyal fans.

Congratulations Earnest T Mountie you just came along way. However given your position on this subject it begs more understanding if you are cognitively challenged or just plain ol stupid. Either way it appears your journey is set.

Congratulations Earnest T Mountie you just came along way. However given your position on this subject it begs more understanding if you are cognitively challenged or just plain ol stupid. Either way it appears your journey is set.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL CHARLOTTE CHAHOLIC FANS AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT.

Reactions: CatholicCougs14
Do you guys do the "Pride drills" like the Catholic schools do out West? I think that is the utmost sign of discipline and coolest looking thing that the kids can do.

Do you guys do the "Pride drills" like the Catholic schools do out West? I think that is the utmost sign of discipline and coolest looking thing that the kids can do.
I haven't seen us do that so I don't think so. I know it's a training camp thing, but don't believe we've done it. I've seen videos of it and looks very exciting and fun

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT