ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic @ East Forsyth

this game is not going to be close - i probably will be dead wrong - just a hunch lol

Why? Did you think Catholic is the equivalent of a Mallard Creek or Butler? Not meant to be derogatory. So don't take it as such. A legitimate question.

I didn't take it as derogatory. I think its a different year with different. players . I think EF was better last year because I think Smith was a better QB and Martin added more explosiveness on the outside and was a great special teams threat. I also think MC was better last year.

You cant compare and you cant make a EF win over Catholic anything less than a huge accomplishment.

That said, remember its only RD 3 . EF got the benefit of a very soft bracket last year. This year they will be playing 3 very good teams in a row to get a ring. That's what makes the title run so tough in the West. You cant just show up and play the " A" game for one week and win a trophy. You have to bring it 3 and in some cases 4 weeks in a row,

I didn't take it as derogatory. I think its a different year with different. players . I think EF was better last year because I think Smith was a better QB and Martin added more explosiveness on the outside and was a great special teams threat. I also think MC was better last year.

You cant compare and you cant make a EF win over Catholic anything less than a huge accomplishment.

That said, remember its only RD 3 . EF got the benefit of a very soft bracket last year. This year they will be playing 3 very good teams in a row to get a ring. That's what makes the title run so tough in the West. You cant just show up and play the " A" game for one week and win a trophy. You have to bring it 3 and in some cases 4 weeks in a row,
I agree. Thanks for your answer. Hmmmm. Now that I think about my own statement earlier...maybe I'm the one underestimating Catholic here. I just don't see East having as difficult of a time with Catholic.

Again, no offense meant toward Catholic supporters.

Catholic presents different issues for EF than MC did. MC pummeled EF upfront. Just ran over them and Catholic doesn't have a LJ type kid on offense. That said Catholic can be just as difficult to defend and I don't think you will see Catholic have the defensive breakdowns that MC had last year. Lot of wide open receivers.
Catholic typically plays mistake free ball

U have a safe trip up here....I am thinking about heading there myself. I gotta get my oil change and there is one next door. I can kill two birds with one stone indeed. Good Luck to CC

Great....... I am going there later.....I am busy at the moment. Glad u like it and enjoy your dinner. What did u order???

Two totally different teams from year to year. Not a good gauge IMO. MC was supposed to be top dog by a country mile this year. Last year was supposed to be the year to get them beacuse they were young and less experienced across the board. I'd argue that Catholic is better this year because they are more balanced.

Bye... BumbleBee & ForsythCo... Good signature win vs West Forsyth in 2016. Bye Madison Cone & Christian Beal who were great the past 4yrs. Good luck next year!
On the couch with West Forsyth

Last edited:
Speaking of being rude, whoever runs the Page twitter account is very unprofessional and lacks humility.

Bye... BumbleBee & ForsythCo... Good signature win vs West Forsyth in 2016. Bye Madison Cone & Christian Beal who were great the past 4yrs. Good luck next year!
I've come to the conclusion you aren't willow davis on twitter, I just watched you tell high school boys who have nothing but dreams and hopes that they suck. Catholic at least stayed classy. It was a toss up game and Catholic played better but don't take anything away from either team both two amazing programs

I've come to the conclusion you aren't willow davis on twitter, I just watched you tell high school boys who have nothing but dreams and hopes that they suck. Catholic at least stayed classy. It was a toss up game and Catholic played better but don't take anything away from either team both two amazing programs
You are willow Davis, both accounts traditionally attack young men. I saw the parents looking at your tweet. On here or any where don't make fun of high school players

What an incredible douche

Yes sir, we agree again...

Regarding the game, 2 very evenly-matched teams. Catholic played a cleaner game and that was the difference. Both teams had TD's called back (heard those refs came from Raleigh... makes a lot of sense), but the penalties(!), picks(!) and giving up the late fake punt just killed us. How many times can we get a stop and then give it away??? TD right before the half was critical too. All credit to Catholic though! They play so tough and they made the plays when it counted. Classy program as well. Good luck next week to the Cougars!

I would say I'm surprised at the way this thread went but... Nope. Congrats to CC, and congrats to East on a good season. You both have very classy programs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT