ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic @ East Forsyth

nevermind.. here it is

I've watched this several times now and this play was just a perfect storm. DL twisted right out of the gap that Leake ran through. Looks like a run blitz by LB's and just guessed wrong. DB's were in cover 1 and safety was right there in the gap but slipped on the turf. Nothing but green grass and no one catching that guy. This is what happens when you get caught against great players, which Leake is. Again, this was early on the season when East just wasn't playing great, still figuring out the offense and I think it made it hard on the defense, especially in this game. Hopefully the improvement over the last 8 weeks will hold up against a great team from CC.

Leake is also the top RB in his class. Page vs West Meck Page had almost doubled of Catholics rushing numbers
Catholic threw for some big yards in that game vs WM. Also given short fields due to turnovers so please look into the game before you just say Page had more yards rushing, there was more to it.

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
Page is a bit undersized on the DL right? Or were they just undersized compared to Dudley?

Page's front 7 on D are pretty undersized compared to most other 4AA schools.
but they make up for it with technique, speed, and are all around fundamentally sound/good tacklers. I'm assuming Catholic has a similar situation?

Shockingly small but very effective and hard to block. They gave both the Dudley and EF Olines fits and I would say both are considered way above average lines.
Reminds me of Catholic. Catholic is not the biggest team, but they are well coached and as of late have been getting to the QB very well vs teams with larger than them

Hmmmm..I'm smelling the smoke of renewed hope in the areas of Greensboro and Forsyth county.

Well if you think of the 4A division as a whole (4aa/4A) the west has 5 triad teams 3 charlotte. After this week at minimum you will have 2 triad 1 Charlotte with the addition of Catholic vs east victor

I was at that game and East played their worst game in 2 years that night and after all that the game was 28-21 with 3 minutes to go. Along with that East had Page in 3rd in Long on the Page side of the 50 when Leake busted the long run on what looked to be another blown assignment to put the game out of reach.

If you Page fans remember last year at East was a very similar outcome just roles reversed. Page had played their worst game in a while and the game came down to one last play where Overton was called out and East went on to win. I left that game thinking East was very lucky that game could have went the other way even though it felt like East dominated Page for the better part of 3 quarters. East jumped on Page early and if not for a muffed punt they may have blown Page out. Similar to this year...If not for an amazing HB pass and one hand catch Page may have blown East out. I guess what I'm getting at is calm down Page fan both teams are very similar and if they played 10 times they would both probably win 5 each.

I guess we are not talking about Catholic and East because this thread is 6 Pages long and fans have run out of stuff to talk about. Will Friday hurry up and get here already!!!

One thing I've noticed. You have one running back (Christian Beal for East), many are talking about and another running back (Jack Brigham for Catholic), whose name I haven't seen mentioned unless I missed it. Beal has run for 1,392 yards and 22 touchdowns. Brigham has rushed 1,464 yards and 23 touchdowns. Interesting I thought.

One thing I've noticed. You have one running back (Christian Beal for East), many are talking about and another running back (Jack Brigham for Catholic), whose name I haven't seen mentioned unless I missed it. Beal has run for 1,392 yards and 22 touchdowns. Brigham has rushed 1,464 yards and 23 touchdowns. Interesting I thought.
Beal also picks up a significant chunck of passing yards and the remaining yards are distributed in the passing game as East Forsyth passes more than Catholic does

Beal also picks up a significant chunck of passing yards and the remaining yards are distributed in the passing game as East Forsyth passes more than Catholic does

Beal also has about 30 more carries as Catholic uses multiple backs where Beal is the primary for EF

Different offenses but Beal has 35 catches for 574 and 5TD...not comparing the same as Catholic is very run dominant and East is virtually balanced if you are looking are yardage

Different offenses but Beal has 35 catches for 574 and 5TD...not comparing the same as Catholic is very run dominant and East is virtually balanced if you are looking are yardage
This is the most "balanced" Catholic team I think ever. We have close to 4000yrds rushing and over 2000 yards passing. For Catholic that is very balanced lol

Definitely not under estimating Catholic by any means...we know what kind of animal is coming to town tonight...at least this poster is not under estimating them

Evidently, you're " underestimating " Catholic, too, as you've picked East Forsyth by five.
No, I'm not underestimating Catholic. I'm just a realist, realizing you have essentially a 4AA West Region finalist playing down this year at 4A. So, EF should do well. If they didn't, there would be a major problem.

Is it me, or am I noticing some EF posters slightly underestimating Catholic?

No one underestimating CC. Confident in the team that has grown over the year at EF. Looking forward to a tightly contested game tonight.

No, I'm not underestimating Catholic. I'm just a realist, realizing you have essentially a 4AA West Region finalist playing down this year at 4A. So, EF should do well. If they didn't, there would be a major problem.

Question, is 4A a step down from 4AA?

No one underestimating CC. Confident in the team that has grown over the year at EF. Looking forward to a tightly contested game tonight.
I will say this......and I'm a Charlotte guy (live there. no horse in the race). If East took Mallard Creek to the limit, then there's a huge problem if with the guys that came back, East can't take care of business, at home, against Catholic.

I will say this......and I'm a Charlotte guy (live there. no horse in the race). If East took Mallard Creek to the limit, then there's a huge problem if with the guys that came back, East can't take care of business, at home, against Catholic.

Why?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT