ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic 56 Kings Mountain F in 7 OT’s

footsoldier

Aug 24, 2003
Parts Unknown
Catholic 56 Kings Mountain 49 F 7 OT’s

I’ve seen a lot at the high school level but nothing comes close to what I saw tonight. It was a game where tragedy is the only word for the team that loses. No smack from me ever on this game. Mounties brought it and had no intent on losing and that’s how they played the game especially as it went into into the second half and OT. They never gave up.

I’m proud of my boys too. They brought the same mentality and resolve as their opponent and it was a huge win for a team that was supposed to be off some this season. After the Weddington defeat they regrouped, made some personnel changes, and never looked back. Tonight was a huge reward for all the hard work and dedication they’ve devoted to being a better team. Congratulations boys.

We’ll bring it home for West. Go Cougars!!

Last edited:
Catholic has some though kids ..... #2 what a workhorse.

The only bad thing about this game for me being a neutral slight KM fan was listening to the Km broadcast. Blaming the refs left and right. Every flag.... smh. They started making me pull for CC
Yea those guys were terrible. The worst Homers on KTC. I actually cut the volume off but the video was not much better. It's like it was zoomed out too much .

I like the rules. I’ve read Chris Hughes said it was the best game he has witnessed in person.
I tuned in on KM broadcast and was glued. Loved it. Keep the rules the same.

Reactions: seadog28
It has taken me a few days to process this game. I expected the second time around to be the charm for my Mountaineers. I am still marveling at how hard both teams played. This game features two teams playing a game where both teams seemed like they were willing to die out on the field before giving in to the other. This game was like a chess match with sledgehammers. Both teams were fundamentally sound and aggressive in their approach. The line of scrimmage was a man’s game. No room for pretend football players. It was bring it or get totally demolished. I wondered how some of the running backs completed the game with some of the absolutely wicked licks that were being delivered from the defenses. Both teams really were deserving of a state championship berth but with this game we love only one can go. My hat is off to Catholic because our kids did not hold anything back on the Pope’s boys and the Catholic kids stood toe to toe and gave it right back like real champions do. If we had to lose to anyone I am glad it is to a class program like Catholic. Great kids, great program, and great fans.
My hat’s off to the KM coaching staff also. It is not easy coaching in Cleveland County by any means. Cleveland County fans can be an unrealistic ornery bunch of amigos(myself included) who second guess every coaching decision lol. Non more ornery and second guessing than my beloved Mountaineer fans still chasing that pot of gold at the end of our Black and Gold rainbow.
Charlotte Catholic all I can say is go win state and we will see you guys next year, same Bat time same Bat channel with a trip to a state championship game on the line again.

Last edited:
It has taken me a few days to process this game. I expected the second time around to be the charm for my Mountaineers. I am still marveling at how hard both teams played. This game features two teams playing a game where both teams seemed like they were willing to die out on the field before giving in to the other. This game was like a chess match with sledgehammers. Both teams were fundamentally sound and aggressive in their approach. The line of scrimmage was a man’s game. No room for pretend football players. It was bring it or get totally demolished. I wondered how some of the running backs completed the game with some of the absolutely wicked licks that were being delivered from the defenses. Both teams really were deserving of a state championship berth but with this game we love only one can go. My hat is off to Catholic because our kids did not hold anything back on the Pope’s boys and the Catholic kids stood toe to toe and gave it right back like real champions do. If we had to lose to anyone I am glad it is to a class program like Catholic. Great kids, great program, and great fans.
My hat’s off to the KM coaching staff also. It is not easy coaching in Cleveland County by any means. Cleveland County fans can be an unrealistic ornery bunch of amigos(myself included) who second guess every coaching decision lol. Non more ornery and second guessing than my beloved Mountaineer fans still chasing that pot of gold at the end of our Black and Gold rainbow.
Charlotte Catholic all I can say is go win state and we will see you guys next year, same Bat time same Bat channel with a trip to a state championship game on the line again.

Post of the year! Effing outstanding! You da man, 24!

Reactions: Crest9496

Good chance you right

Exactly ,a very good description and the video guy appeared to have just gotten out of detox.
And the Audio ....geez . I get it the announcers are biased but did they just pick 2 km folks out of the crowd ?

Those KTC broadcasters are from Cherryville, not KM. They also have been known to state bad information like where kids are committed too.... not good. But just to be fair, try listening to the other broadcasts sometimes and tell me they don’t whine and complain too.

Reactions: OptionFreak
Those KTC broadcasters are from Cherryville, not KM. They also have been known to state bad information like where kids are committed too.... not good. But just to be fair, try listening to the other broadcasts sometimes and tell me they don’t whine and complain too.
Yea these guys are not professionals so I'm sure its hard. Tom C is not too bad though. He keeps it pretty even.

Try the Richmond County guys....they are hysterical.

Yeah those Crest Charger broadcasts are absolutely hilarious lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT