ADVERTISEMENT

Carson n Asheboro

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
18-0 Carson girls will take on 15-0 Asheboro for 3A State Championship game. Carson seems to be hitting on all 8 cylinders and defeated Hickory 62-45. Does anyone know anything about Asheboro. This should be a good game. Have to pull for Carson who represents the NPC.

It feels so great to talk about an actual game again......

I know a little bit about those Blue Comets. The main thing Carson needs to be concerned about is the dynamic duo of McDowell and Ellison. McDowell's around 6-0 and is very long and athletic. Ellison is a guard that is quick.. Extremely quick. Both of these players can hurt you on either end of the floor. Asheboro also has some good complimentary pieces to go around them.

Asheboro is also coached by a man who is no stranger to success, Mr. Don Corry. Speaking of strange.........if Asheboro wins this Saturday, Coach Corry might possibly be the first coach ever to go winless the season before and undefeated the next. That's crazy.

I imagine Carson is pretty much the same as last year? I was very impressed with them the only time I saw them. They actually reminded me a lot of Corry's old teams at SW Randolph.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Thanks Chute. Good info. I believe this is going to be a good hard fought game.

Didn’t know Corry was coaching them. Those two girls are some kind of quick. I’m sure Carson is very good. Good luck to both teams.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT