ADVERTISEMENT

CAROLINA CONFERENCE

thanks!! i doubt rosewood or princeton will be small 1-a anymore as both communities are growing alot.

rosewood loses 28-7 too a very good james kenan team tonight...big test!..for my rhs eagles will be next friday night as lakewood high will play at rosewood.

game of the night was the hobbton-spring creek game that went down too the wire... also the north-duplin-lakewood game was a tough battle.. the battle for the #3 seed in carolina conference is wide open! and will be very interesting.

Tonight's game between James Kenan and North Duplin.....Final JK--42 ND--8. JK ruled the game as expected. They will travel to Lakewood next week. Last night's JV game between JK and ND....JK 42 ND 16

rosewood over lakewood 26-21 in a exciting hard fought game from both teams. rosewood host north duplin next friday and look forward too seeing my rebel buddy jh60 next friday.

So what do you think JK and Lakewood match up?

This post was edited on 10/10 11:12 PM by 10fishlimit

bad matchup for Lakewood. easily a 4 touchdown spread. much more , if ken plays aggressive(trying to score quickly) offense the entire game

rosewood over north duplin 44-20 in a hard fought game and a long 3rd q. eagles play at the swamp vs spring creek next friday. good too see you my rebel friend jh60 and hate i didnt get too see you after the game. good luck too the rebels the rest of this season.

rosewood 35 spring creek 7 in a hard fought game. rosewood has open date next friday and will host princeton nov-7th.

rswdstu,

A week off to prepare for Johnny Football and company, how do you think you'll fare?

Princeton has looked suspect in some games defensively, and Rosewood has an offense that can put up points.

It is going to be paramount that Rosewood not let the big play happen and focus on controlling the ball and keeping it out of Princeton's high octane offense's hands.

This game should highlight a week filled with rivalry and be one of the better in the conference all season.

Princeton has some explosiveness outside of Fraizer as well, the game will challenge both defenses and hopefully be a great one to watch. Going to be a long two weeks for Eagle fans to wait.

Originally posted by JeffFriday:
rswdstu,

A week off to prepare for Johnny Football and company, how do you think you'll fare?

Princeton has looked suspect in some games defensively[/B], and Rosewood has an offense that can put up points.

It is going to be paramount that Rosewood not let the big play happen and focus on controlling the ball and keeping it out of Princeton's high octane offense's hands.

This game should highlight a week filled with rivalry and be one of the better in the conference all season.

Princeton has some explosiveness outside of Fraizer as well, the game will challenge both defenses and hopefully be a great one to watch. Going to be a long two weeks for Eagle fans to wait.
When/Where have you seen Princeton look suspect on defense???? If you think a team that gives up 17 pts a game on average is suspect then it sounds like to me you need to be coaching.

and it is Fraiser not Frazier....

Um...30 points to North Duplin...42 to East Carteret...I think it is fair to use the word 'suspect' with regards to defense in those two games. It might not be true, but that is a lot of points given up to those two teams.

Princeton has a great offense and a good defense. The only really close game was the JK game and from all reports it sounds like coaching let them down in the end. If the Princeton coaches will give JF the ball 30 times a game they will go a long way in the playoffs. Keep It Simple Princeton.

my eagles will have too play a mistake free game and cut down on way too many penaltys too have a chance in this game between 2 rivals that are only 7 miles apart. princeton has many weapons on offense and a swarm defense. it would be a huge upset if my eagles could win but looking forward too injury free game and rosewood vs princeton have had some classic games in football since both programs started in 1969. way respect for the bulldogs and they are as good as advertised and im proud of this young rosewood squad.

Delendo,

He did say "suspect in SOME games"...hence the reference to SOME games.

I agree swampstomp, Princeton tried to get too flashy...they have a decent oline and a great running back...just feed the beast.

Delendo

Princeton maybe took out their defensive guys, I haven't looked at the stats, but I know that after watching Hobbton have some success moving the ball against Princeton in the first quarter, although not scoring, that the Bulldogs defense can be beat. If there is anything that offended you about my view on the Bulldog defense well then think about what this is... A message board where people post opinions. But the reaction you had, makes it seem like you have thought that about your Dogs as well, and didn't like someone else saying it.

jeff friday...the other poster meant no disrespect...youre post as others on this site are very informative. let me give all a history of ..rosewood vs princeton..rosewood is very near the johnston-wayne county line...both schools were started in the 1920s...most people in both communities know each other, attend churches together...etc. both of my mamas parents as family are in the princeton cemetery . in the 1970s...every year at the end of october until my granny died in the 1980s....we had a family reunion at oakland church...now my grandpa and granny in the 1940s came over too the...promised land!!(rosewood) and raised 3 rosewood girls but my granny was a princeton grad and proud. at our reunions...i saw many kin who i play against in...the game!..we grew up together....as we got ready too eat...my granny would say grace and say go bulldogs...and half of our crowd would clap...the other half would boo! loud!....i played against people i knew since childhood in the...big game..and all gloves were off!!!...heck!! my senior year...i got ejected for fighting a cousin of mine in...the big game!...2 wonderful communities ...in reality..this game could be over by halftime and ill run the clock in the 2nd half. but..there have been some classic games between these 2 schools... looking forward too a great game and hope my rhs eagles get some respect. go rhs eagles!!!!

Princeton's Defense aside.

This Friday has some old rivalry pairings (North Duplin @ Hobbton) and a new rivalry pairing (Lakewood @ Princeton)

I think North Duplin can score some points on the Wildcats, this will be a grinding game North Duplin pulls away with a bit more depth. While I think North Duplin is the deserved favorite, this game will have some big wild card playoff spots implications for both 1-A and 1-AA. The Rebels defense has to stop a solid running attack the Wildcats have developed during the season. Once they stop the first barrage Coach Byrd will hit them with a counter, Rebels depth will play a role in the game, in the fact that the Rebels have depth, and Hobbton doesn't. North Duplin runs, and runs, and runs, Hobbton doesn't get the big plays necessary to take down the Rebels and North Duplin 33 - Hobbton 27

Lakewood and Princeton could be a really fun game, two teams that know how to play tough football. It'll be interesting if Lakewood's quarterback is healthy and how much support the Leopard Defense gives him. Princeton should handle the Roseboro Bunch going away. Princeton's defense while bendable hasn't shown to break a lot, seeing as how they average "17.1" points per game. The Leopards can't afford to allow the Dogs offense galloping room all over the field. If Lakewood can move the ball turn up a few breaks this game could belong to Lakewood. On second thought though, it's in Johnston County and nothing good happens there after 7 p.m. Even so my prediction Princeton 38- Lakewood Not Enough

The other conference game, James Kenan hosts the Gators of Spring Creek, let's call it how we see it. JK puts up whatever number they feel fit, Spring Creek scores with :40 left in the 4th to make it JK A Lot- Spring Creek 7. James Kenan has had no really troubling games since the opening week of conference play when Princeton didn't put them away en route to their second straight Carolina Conference title, and third straight overall conference dating back to the Tri-County Championship they won before realignment.

Rosewood thoroughly destroys By Week by a score of Rosewood 56- By Week 6

Good luck to all the teams this week as they play, hopefully injury free.

great post!!!! i had rosewood 48-14 vs bye week in my predictions!!!! good luck too all cc teams and please support all concessions!

Have not been on here for quite a while due to family issues. Seems like I've missed some great debates and opinions while I was away. Stu you are absolutely right about the Dawgs and Eagles games. Always look forward to them. I, like yourself, played in a few of them , in the 80's, so I know the history of all bets and gloves being off in that rivalry. Tebo, as far as getting flashy goes on some plays all I can say is its high school football. Yeah sometimes it works out and sometimes not. All any coach can do is coach em up during the week and tell them to execute it. No excuses or blame put anywhere or on anyone. The JK game was a battle that went to the wire. Ive always said you cant give any well coached team extra opportunities or they will capitalize on it. Look forward to tonight's game with Lakewood and the next Fridays Showdown with Rosewood. Good luck to all the CC teams tonight. If you remember a post I did earlier about, class and humility and respecting your opponents this is what I tried to teach my kids about sports. One of the all time greatest coaches, Bear Bryant said " I have tried to teach them to show class, to have pride, and to display
character. I think football, winning games, takes care of itself if you
do that.
So go out there and find your man, line up, and knock him down. Reach down
offer your hand, help him up, and tell him, I'll be right back. "
I don't know about you folks, but to me, that is what Friday nights and getting to watch and teach these young men is all about. Honor, integrity, pride, teamwork, and class. Because at the end of the day, it's still just a game, but one where some life lessons are taught and learned early.

Originally posted by swampstomp:
Princeton has a great offense and a good defense. The only really close game was the JK game and from all reports it sounds like coaching let them down in the end. If the Princeton coaches will give JF the ball 30 times a game they will go a long way in the playoffs. Keep It Simple Princeton.
Princeton lost to JK because they botched two snaps in the fourth quarter that cost them two possessions (one costing them a likely TD and the other giving JK one), because they failed to field an onside kick, and because they had 12 men on the field on the very next play, when JK lost a fumble.

Had nothing to do with anything Princeton's coaches did or didn't do. Princeton just didn't execute as well in the last seven minutes as it had to that point in the game, and JK did what you would expect JK to do in that situation. If Princeton doesn't make those mistakes, they win by 10.

Frasier had 25 carries for 213 yards in that game. They have no problem giving him the ball a lot when they need to. They haven't usually needed to.

10/31/2014

JK-------62
Spring Creek---7

JK wins the Carolina 1-A with no losses...Overall record 9-1......

Final

JK----62
Spring Creek---7

JK wins the Carolina 1-A with no losses....Overall record 9-1

Like to send a shout out to the Princeton lady dawgs for winning the Volleyball 1A state championship in a thrilling 5 set match against East Surry.

Saw some Rosewood folks their supporting the dawgs as well today. Hats of to those fans who put down the rivalry to support our girls as well.

Go Dawgs

very proud!!!! of the lady bulldogs!!! know alot of the grandparents and had rosewood fans keeping all in our community up too date.

To any Spring Creek fans on this board. I have been told that your coach never allows any hitting during practice meaning no scrimmages with full pads. Is this true? Do the kids not know what hitting is until game night?

Wolray, I hate to comment on your comment but I think it needs addressing. I don't know if Spring Creek scrimmages during the week or not but if they do not then they are doing what most of the schools prescribe. James Kenan wins the conference for the second year in a row and they don't scrimmage or hit during the week. How can they win if hitting is the key to winning? I am somewhat of your persuasion and think some contact is necessary but I also understand that small schools like those in the Carolina Conference can't take the chance of losing any player for even a week. The numbers are too small for error. If a starter gets hurt it isn't just a matter of putting the 2nd guy on the depth chart in, instead it means moving a starter from his position to the injured players position and then moving someone else into that guy's position and so forth and so on. It is a Catch 22 proposition. The coach is damned if he does hit and damned if he doesn't. I think we all need to walk in a coach's shoes for awhile before asking some of the questions we ask. This is just my opinion and you what they say about opinions.

Bearcat67, I certainly appreciate your opinion and see the coach's and your point of view. I just do not believe, when you have a program that is down, that the game of football can be taught without simulating game like conditions. Certainly every coach has his own way of teaching the game. When I was in high school I learned many valuable things during practice, hard practice. Had there been no hitting, I am afraid Friday Nights would have been poor play from our team. The kid that told me about Spring Creek is a player there and thought it was a major problem with their play. Your points and mine have to be weighed but at least some of both must be used to get a team ready to play. How do their players feel after taking a beating like JK put on them last Friday night and that was with a 2nd half running clock and most if not all players being subs and JV for JK during the 2nd half. I will say one thing; being a head coach is something only a few very talented people can do. But as we see there are some that are much better than others.

The Bulldogs special teams didn't look suspect that's for sure.

In all reality hat's off the the whole Princeton team for playing that much better than a talented Lakewood team. Going to be a big game this Friday against Rosewood, we find out who number two is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT