ADVERTISEMENT

CAROLINA CONFERENCE

I think wallace will expect a balanced offense, but dont be surprised if princeton runs frasier 30 plus times. Its late in the season and everyone has always stated why doesnt he get more touches....at crunch time against an equal opponent he will. If princeton is healthy they win by 2 tds.

I completely agree sportsguy...with that said he hasn't led his team to a win against a contender.

the wrh qb has to be much more involved with offensive production or Princeton will win

Princeton has some good defensive players and they can put enough men near the line of scrimmage to stop a run dominate team

qb that just hand's off to the rb equals a Princeton win by more than most think

great post from all...my northern neighbors up the railroad tracks 7 miles...(princeton) have a gosh darn good passing game and this could be a factor. as a old proud lineman...its going too come down too the un-song heros who do not get press or alot of notice. the line players from both teams. if the princeton o line protects the gb...watch out......if the wallace-rose o line can stop a blitz, stacked p-town defense...lights out!! and the fat lady will sing. good luck too both teams.

Porky have you watched Wallace this year? That's a bit much of a statement, Southern Dogs can out athlete and will out athlete the Northern Dogs. The Northern Dogs offensive line isn't the dominant force that everyone likes to believe they are. Southern Dogs will be able to attack the d-line and run with all 36 of their running backs.

This post was edited on 11/28 9:28 AM by JeffFriday

if im right on this...carolina conference has 2 teams who will move on......james kenan-lakewood....id like too give a shout-out too the princeton bulldogs for a great season!! gonna be some great games for 2nd next season!!

Excellent job Lakewood and James Kenan, Princeton ran into an awesome team from Wallace. The Southern Dogs get a 4th round rematch with rival Tigers next week. Going to be a packed house. Some how the Tigers win after putting the ball on the ground 7 times tonight. Tough atmosphere for both Carolina Conference teams next week.

I was impressed the QB from Princeton. The kid has an arm. Their passing package was great. #3 what the Cowboys/Giants game (one handed catch). Frazier had a tough night because he could never get to the edge without a slew of WRH Players chasing him, Whack was the real deal. Wallace played an great game and never gave up. When Princeton scored first, They could have hung their heads and just let Princeton run all over them. They scored quick and that gave Princeton something to think about. I think Princeton got tired because they played 5 or 6 people on both sides of the ball. It was a great game and lots of action. The score does not reflect how close the game really was. Hat off to the WRH backs. They stepped up big. #1 made a heck of a catch. People got their money's worth. The Carolina conference is going to be well represented over the next couple of years as James Kenan continues to be the standard bearer.

there will be 2 carolina teams in the eastern championships coming up (j kenan at wallace r hill and lakewood at plymouth)...cant wait too hear the breakdown of these games! as for last nights games. i could not go too wallace again as i spent quality time with my son before he left back too college, but had buddies texting me...and..a few that stood out....(wallace rose hill can pass!) and they did. and james kenan has a dang good passing game. this game will be great!!! lakewood is a underdog but are playing good ball. i think this game could be close.

Originally posted by DATdogg:
I was impressed the QB from Princeton. The kid has an arm. Their passing package was great. #3 what the Cowboys/Giants game (one handed catch). Frazier had a tough night because he could never get to the edge without a slew of WRH Players chasing him, Whack was the real deal. Wallace played an great game and never gave up. When Princeton scored first, They could have hung their heads and just let Princeton run all over them. They scored quick and that gave Princeton something to think about. I think Princeton got tired because they played 5 or 6 people on both sides of the ball. It was a great game and lots of action. The score does not reflect how close the game really was. Hat off to the WRH backs. They stepped up big. #1 made a heck of a catch. People got their money's worth. The Carolina conference is going to be well represented over the next couple of years as James Kenan continues to be the standard bearer.
This is kind of what I was afraid would happen when Princeton had to play a team like WRH. They can't go to their bench without a big drop-off, and had to play people both ways, which I know their coaching staff would prefer not to do. That's why their defense gave up points in bunches all year whenever they subbed. I wasn't able to go to the game, but it sounds like went like I thought it might--Princeton started strong and WRH gradually wore them down because they had more manpower.

Same thing in the JK game. Princeton's defense couldn't stop anyone at the end. They had great players but JK had more of them, and when the defense had to be on the field for all those plays at the end of the game, there was no way.

I was hoping they'd fall into the 1-A field before this thing started. Still would have had to beat Plymouth, but I don't even think they have the depth of a WRH or JK.

Still, 12-2. Best season Princeton football has ever had, in terms of victories, and it took the two best teams in the 1-AA East to hand them their only losses. Three years ago, they were losing 63-0 to a team like this in a playoff game and having kids carted off the field with injuries. They've come a long way, and it wasn't all because of number 22.

Defenses overcompensated for Frasier which allowed other players a little freedom. That will not happen next year.

jeff, I saw wrh play once. my opinion was based on the simplicity of wrh's offense. I guess jimmies and joes do beat x's and o's

based my opinion that a qb ,who does not contribute to the running game or passing game, limits his team to playing with a one player deficit on offense. a good defense should handle that numbers game

porky...youve made some great post and i know all agree!!! ..keep it coming!!!

Re: CAROLINA CONFERENCE[/URL]
DATdogg posted on 11/29/2014...
I was impressed the QB from Princeton.
The kid has an arm. Their passing package was great. #3 what the
Cowboys/Giants game (one handed catch). Frazier had a tough night
because he could never get to the edge without a slew of WRH Players
chasing him, Whack was the real deal. Wallace played an great game and
never gave up. When Princeton scored first, They could have hung
their heads and just let Princeton run all over them. They scored quick
and that gave Princeton something to think about. I think Princeton
got tired because they played 5 or 6 people on both sides of the ball.
It was a great game and lots of action. The score does not reflect how
close the game really was. Hat off to the WRH backs. They stepped up
big. #1 made a heck of a catch. People got their money's worth. The
Carolina conference is going to be well represented over the next
couple of years as James Kenan continues to be the standard bearer.

Good post DATdogg, what do you think would have happened if Princeton had run Frasier more north-south from either an I-Formantion or a Wildcat/Single Wing Formation? Maybe with Whack leading the way & then passing off some play fakes. Do you think he may have worn the W-RH defense down? He never had a chance to showcase his talents running jet sweeps from a flanker position. We'll never know but it is something to think about. Princeton has a lot of talent and so does W-RH, you can't let their backs get going, it will snowball quickly, and they have a stable full.

This is exciting two Carolina Conference teams travel to big games tomorrow to see who will represent the east in both 1-A and 1-AA brackets.

Let's get right into it.

Lakewood @ Plymouth

Plymouth has downed one Carolina Conference team this postseason, the Rebels of North Duplin. The biggest difference between the two CC team's is that this Lakewood team is clicking at just the right time. Lakewood can strike you with their quick hitting dives, and extended handoff passes. Their defense plays determined tough football and gives them a chance against the rockstars of the 1-A East bracket. Lakewood IS GOOD ENOUGH to win this game. However, I don't see them winning, the cinderella's from Roseboro-Salemburg see their clock strike midnight this week. Plymouth has too many athletes to be stopped this side of a state championship. I wish Lakewood the best, and I hope they are still playing next week, the coaching staff their is top notch and prepare as well as anyone in the state. This game will be closer than what many think. Plymouth 38 - Lakewood 20

James Kenan @ Wallace-Rose Hill

This is a rivalry like no other I've seen in the state. Two teams separated by 17 miles of highway 117. Teams that are mirrors of each other, fast paced new aged traditional power offenses. Wallace-Rose Hill has an offense that can score and they showed it last time the two teams played. Wallace is a powerhouse and has a stable of horses around them to prove it. They are the fastest wing-t team in the state self proclaimed by head coach Joey Price. Their four skill players in the back field could start for most any 1-A and probably 2-A team. Their defense is well coached but isn't their strong point as in years past. James Kenan however relies on their defense to stuff opponents, the defense isn't as good as last years state championship defense but it is good enough to compete in this game, the Tiger offense has grown from what they did last year as well. I think the last time the two teams played that James Kenan starters were better than Wallace's starters, but Wallace's second string was better than JK's second teamers. I think this is the case again. But I think James Kenan will need less of those second stringers. Cooler weather means longer play time for the big Cats. James Kenan 28 - Wallace-Rose Hill 22

Merry christmas!!!

Last thing about football. WRH finished Strong. #5(the starting QB) returned against Princeton. He managed the offense and lead the team to 3 victories over the dog's toughest opponents. He had key completions in all three games. He did this while playing hurt.

Merry christmas!!!

Last thing about football. WRH finished Strong. #5(the starting QB) returned against Princeton. He managed the offense and lead the team to 3 victories over the dog's toughest opponents. He had key completions in all three games. He did this while playing hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT