ADVERTISEMENT

CAROLINA CONFERENCE

rswdstu

Nov 3, 2006
my rhs eagles open the season at home vs 3-a cb aycock this friday (22nd) good luck too all cc teams this coming friday night and fill the stands and support all concession stands.

cb-aycock 46--rosewood 15....rosewood travels too southside high next friday night.

Stu, ND had an exciting game in Calypso with Southside. Jumped out to early 14 point lead before the Seahawks stormed back to take
a 22-14 lead before end of 1st quarter. Rebels came back to win 42-22.

I saw Aycock last week scrimmage and was not impressed. Now it is sometimes hard to take much away from a scrimmage but I just did not see IT for Aycock.......

Princeton had a bit tougher time than they bargained for, beating East Carteret 56-42.

They opened the game with an 87-yard kickoff return by Johnny Frasier, but then shot themselves in the foot with penalties and allowing big plays to EC for the rest of the first quarter and much of the second, and got down 30-16. The game turned after Princeton dropped a pooch punt on the EC 6-yard line midway through the second quarter. Malcolm Best dropped a guy in the end zone for a safety, and then Frasier caught a 47-yard touchdown pass on Princeton's first play from scrimmage. Dawgs were down 30-25 at the break.

They got a 34-yard field goal on their first possession of the second half, then got touchdowns on three consecutive possessions to lead 49-30. After EC scored on a long pass to make it 49-36, Princeton scored one more time and then EC scored again late in the game for the final margin.

EC did all they could to keep Frasier from beating them on the ground (15-118, 1 TD), but he killed them every other way, with an 87-yard kickoff return for a score, a 48-yard punt return to the 2 that set up another score, and three receptions for 61 yards and another score. Princeton made the passing game a point of emphasis in their off-season, and Michael Wooten was 13-21 for 160 yards and a touchdown.

Needless to say, though, they'll need to tighten up on defense to meet their goals for this season. EC's not the sad sack they used to be, but they're not James Kenan, either.

my rhs eagles had some mental breakdowns on defense but actually i saw good things, rosewoods qb helt is a soph and had his 1st varsity start last night but he did a great job but hes slowed by a knee brace from a injury. this kid will make noise in the future. 3 fumbles and way too many penalties but...i like this 2014 rosewood team...we will see if they improve the next 2 weeks.

Pamlico comes to town this week. Should be a low score on both teams last year 14-7 Lakewood. Great def. on both sides of the ball. Who ever has the least turnovers wins.

E.Carteret was better than I thought but they couldnt stop that offense. But dont worry. Nobody else will stop Princeton's offense either.

princeton has a very good team as coach as ad....good luck too the bulldogs as all carolina conference teams this coming friday night.

southside over rosewood 24-21...very good football game as both teams gave all. rosewood host midway high this coming friday night.

HSOT is reporting that SE Halifax beat Hobbton 30-12, for what it's worth. JK was in a tight one with Wallace, but I haven't seen or heard a final yet.

jk over wrh tonight...bad phone connection with a friend who was there...27-20?? ..from what i got...great football game....these 2 teams will play each other again in the playoffs.

You sure? HSOT just reported Wallace won 45-33 over JK. And seeing as how I've seen no JK posters on here tonight...

you are correct , jsc...wallace over james k... great game...youre score was dead on.

id like too send prayers from my family as the rosewood community too our ad and football coach robert britt as he and his family buried his mother today. ms daisy britt has been sick for awhile and passed away away a few days ago. its been a tough 3 ,4 weeks for coach.

I know Coach Sanders has been working for years now to get that program back up to speed, and it looks like it's finally paying off the last two seasons. We've got a correspondent going to your game on Friday, and I'll see you next week when you visit Wake Christian.

I'll be at Princeton and Rosewood this Friday night, and we've also got someone going to check out the Rebels.

jsc, as my eagles host midway high. i remember going down too leggett in the 90s and early 2000s too wath games and north edgecombe was a beast of a team. are they still a eastern nc powerhouse? thanks! and good luck too all cc teams tomorrow night!! fill the stands and fill youre tummys at the great concession stands!

Originally posted by jsc1973:
I know Coach Sanders has been working for years now to get that program back up to speed, and it looks like it's finally paying off the last two seasons. We've got a correspondent going to your game on Friday, and I'll see you next week when you visit Wake Christian.

I'll be at Princeton and Rosewood this Friday night, and we've also got someone going to check out the Rebels.
Thanks for the Tribunes coverage of gator football and other sports JSC! FYI the Wake Christian game is at home.

rosewood loses hard fought game tonight against midway high 28-27...that was a heck of a game well played by both teams. rosewood host lejeune next friday night.

North Edgecombe has been a middle of the pack team for the most part for the last 10 years or so, except for one year, I think 2010, where they went all the way to the regional final. They went to the state final six times between 1985 and 1998 and won the 1-A title twice, in 1994 and 1997. Their '96 team, which was state runners-up, set a bunch of state rushing records that have never been broken. They put in a Wishbone offense at mid-season 1994 and have never run anything else since. Prior to that, they were running a spread offense years before it became popular.

Most of that happened when Raymond Cobb was the coach there. He moved down the road to SouthWest Edgecombe, which was within walking distance of his home, around 2001, and that was the end of the dynasty.

As for tonight, Princeton killed them 43-14. I went to Rosewood first, expecting NE to stay competitive for a while, but they didn't. I got to PHS right before halftime, just in time to see the Dawgs score to make it 43-0. They had a running clock the whole second half, and NE scored twice on the Princeton backups. Princeton could have easily won 70-0 or more if they'd wanted to. I didn't see the first half so I can't offer any analysis, but Coach Minor said they were clicking on all cylinders, and they must have been. NE isn't what they once were, but they're not incompetent, either.

rosewood over lejeune high at rswd 41-6...eagles play at south lenoir high next friday night

Had to feel good for Rosewood after two tough losses in a row. I was there for the first quarter, which ended with the Eagles on top 14-0, although I felt like they were making it harder than it should have been. Lejeune lost a lot more than Jamaz Richardson. Didn't look like the same team as last year at all, not that it was shocking considering their results so far.

Princeton beat the tar out of North Johnston tonight and dedicated the field to their old coach. NJ, which has lost 17 games in a row (18 now), annoyed the Dawgs by running through their Bulldog tunnel onto the field before the game. Coaches told them to take it out on them on the field, and they did. Princeton scored four touchdowns in about four minutes late in the first half, turning a 14-0 game into 41-0. Scored on defense 16 seconds into the third quarter to make it 47-0. I didn't stick around for the 4th, but I heard the final was 54-0.

Funny play late in the second quarter with Princeton inside the NJ 10. Several of the Princeton players on the sideline kept hollering for Johnny Frasier to score a touchdown as the team lined up. The NJ players bought it hook, line and sinker as Michael Wooten faked to Frasier and threw a touchdown pass. Looked like about 10 NJ players were watching Frasier; one went out to cover the receiver but couldn't get there.

One more tune-up for Princeton and then the big one...

By the way, if any of you see where HighSchoolOT has that game as a 54-0 North Johnston win, it's the other way around. Trust me on that one. I probably shouldn't say stuff like this, but North Johnston would have trouble beating Princeton's Little League team if they played like they did tonight.

i agree jsc, rosewood played great defense but the offense was very sluggish and lejeune is in a total rebuilding stage. but a win is a win, hope my eagles can take a good game down too deep run next friday night.

rosewood 27..18 over a very good south lenoir team....rosewood plays at hobbton high next friday too start carolina conference play. this young team is getting better every game.

A few plays away from being 4-1. And South Lenoir beat North Duplin a few weeks ago, so things are looking good for the Eagles in conference play. Probably no one's going to beat Princeton or JK except each other, but the race for third is wide open.

rosewood over hobbton tonight in a close , tough ballgame. hobbton came out ready too play and rosewood defense played a good game. tough task for my eagles as they travel too james kenan next friday night and hopefully they will give a good game.

Probably the best time to catch them if you can't avoid playing JK. They'll probably still be celebrating last night.

Hobbton must be getting a little better. I didn't think Rosewood would have any problems taking that one.

Lakewood beat Spring Creek 33-0, and North Duplin was the only team playing out of conference last night, handing Lejeune its fourth shutout loss in six games, 21-0. The Devilpups should apply for honorary membership in the Carolina; that was their fourth game against a Carolina Conference opponent already.

hobbton is playing good ball, had some wildcat friends tell me this 3 weeks ago and they were correct. in my many years as a eagles fan, this is first time rosewood has won at hobbton in many a moon. rosewood starts a very tough row of games in conference and im very impressed with how young qb helt is doing.

jsc, ive had people ask me and i have no clue...you do a great job and a great read for the news-leader as the mt. olive tribune and thank you! do you know? what teams in the carolina conference are small 1-a and big 1-a? thanks for all you do!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT