ADVERTISEMENT

Cape Fear at Scotland

scottishLAW

Oct 26, 2003
Cape Fear has been playing well all year. Also been under the radar. Dangerous team for sure. Clash of the unbeatens next Friday at the Pate. Thoughts?

They have as many athletes as SC on offense other than Zamir. I think our D has to be the difference make them go long.

I don't even think it will be that close. Scotland going East gave them an easy path to the State title game. I've said it before and I'll say it again....even with all Scotland's injuries at the end of last season, had they been in the East they would've played for the title last year. Western road is definitely more difficult.

Last edited:
To be unbeaten at this point says something. Cape Fear does just that. Anyone give us any insight on their strong points, and weak points?

He's a large dude Deana , saw them in
Person verse PForest.
Jmac would not agree they as atheticly loaded as Scotland but undefeated speaks for itself . Hard to judge their defense because PF WAS MINUS starting qb and had nothing offensively . Scotland comes out focused and takes care of business.

Last edited:
I don't even think it will be that close. Scotland going East gave them an easy path to the State title game. I've said it before and I'll say it again....even with all Scotland's injuries at the end of last season, had they been in the East they would've played for the title last year. Western road is definitely more difficult.

Agree! Hats off to Cape Fear for being 14-0, you just don't walk into the East Reg. Championship, but at the same time who really stood in the way and challenged them?, sure wasn't anyone in the Mid-South. Watching the Scots play, I think they win this one running away.

He's a large dude Deana , saw them in
Person verse PForest.
Jmac would not agree they as atheticly loaded as Scotland but undefeated speaks for itself . Hard to judge their defense because PF WAS MINUS starting qb and had nothing offensively . Scotland comes out focused and takes care of business.
Other than Zamir on Offense they have just as many playmakers as the SC. I did say offense! AJ Baldwin and Melvin are as good as our kids. Overall do we have more talent without question but only a 11 can play at 1 time. No one has Zamir in this state or maybe in the country so he doesn't count. But their QB and skilled folks are talented and I bet our staff will say the same thing. We better bring our first half A game and not the second half c game on defense or we will be in for a long night.

How does Zamir "not count".
No doubt the staff will have Scotland
Prepared. I do think some lack of focus was there in the Hoggard 2nd half but they did find something for sure. But there was no chance at that point.

How does Zamir "not count".
No doubt the staff will have Scotland
Prepared. I do think some lack of focus was there in the Hoggard 2nd half but they did find something for sure. But there was no chance at that point.
Meaning outside of him there talent is equal at the skill positions IMO. CF is not as deep but their starting 11 on offense is nothing to take lightly. Obviously Zamir counts but his talents are not comparable with 99.99% players in HS. I'm just trying to give folks a perspective that Cape Fear talent is very similar to ours when it comes to starters. If their QB can be as dynamic as Zamir an L is quite possible. If we bottle him up then they will have a long night.

Scots will be focused. Offense and defense is clicking. I say the Scots win big 42 to 21.

Watching the Scots play, I think they win this one running away.
Tiger,
I thank them Scoties win this one by skipping along and playing ring around the rosie, ashes ashes THEY ALL FALL DOWN
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Thebearofjer
You all know that I'm not one that gets involved it the trash talking before a game but Cape Fear is getting me just a little excited about this game

Reactions: swett2victory
Those Colts are a confident bunch. After talking to a couple of them today, it appears Scotland will not have 100 rushing yards for the entire game.
I watched their game with 71st on HSOT Replay and the Falcons seemed to have had a lot of success running the ball against them and I think we will too.

Reactions: tigertown21
Now my scoties better not lose not 1 game or else Go_Scots will be yelling out his winder. Please see the below situation from a scene in 2012 during the New Bern game. Go Scots went ballistic in his birthday suit.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Time will tell Dudes. Time will tell. Scotland possess more that Zamir, they have a third string RB ( Smith Kid) that can start at any school in the conference. This is an example of the amount of talent on SC team.

Not sure why #4 doesn't play more in the slot position to run that jet sweep he can makes cuts unlike anyone's business.

I'm enjoying my retirement out here in Lawnburg helping the football supporting community tailgate, set up tents, and eat. It looks like the end of the world out here on Church Street. There is only one way in and one way out. School is still going on but they are being released at 1PM as a way of support, celebration and morale booster. The gas stations are shut down, Walmart is only open until 12, Gamestop is closed the rest of the week, and HWY 501 is blocked off on both ends; at HWY 74and HWY 401. If anyone has plans to come in the direction of the stadium please follow directions posted stating "The Road To The State"

15267665_10154801838333156_7960026888818068398_n.jpg

15390820_10154802929408156_6785444652722940025_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'm enjoying my retirement out here in Lawnburg helping the football supporting community tailgate, set up tents, and eat. It looks like the end of the world out here on Church Street. There is only one way in and one way out. School is still going on but they are being released at 1PM as a way of support, celebration and morale booster. The gas stations are shut down, Walmart is only open until 12, Gamestop is closed the rest of the week, and HWY 501 is blocked off on both ends; at HWY 74and HWY 401. If anyone has plans to come in the direction of the stadium please follow directions posted stating "The Road To The State"

15267665_10154801838333156_7960026888818068398_n.jpg

15390820_10154802929408156_6785444652722940025_n.jpg
da crew had already started GAME DAY, AND IT'S ONLY GONNA GET BETTER eating chicken wings and laughing at da BEARS.

JGV is an impressive player. He will have to be at his best Friday. He has thrown for 2253 yards and rushed for 1814.He has twice as many carries as any RB and 3 times the yards. You see where I am going with this. It has been done before (Page and NB) but it is very difficult. CF hasn't given up a lot of points thru out the year but 34,33 in their two playoff games against teams who's offense isn't nearly as strong as SC. JGV is a strong runner but SC front 7 will be up to the task. I think SC wins going away in this one.

da crew had already started GAME DAY, AND IT'S ONLY GONNA GET BETTER eating chicken wings and laughing at da BEARS.
THEY said New Bern were tough
Then THEY said Raleigh Wu's tremendous
The threat continued and THEY said Hoggard played big boy football

Now THEY are trying to put pressure on DEM BOYZ by saying "ain't no way you get'n past THE CAPE FEAR"

Folks please stop listening to THEY AND THE TOUGHNESS INSIDE A TINY YELLOW BUS

Agree! Hats off to Cape Fear for being 14-0, you just don't walk into the East Reg. Championship, but at the same time who really stood in the way and challenged them?, sure wasn't anyone in the Mid-South. Watching the Scots play, I think they win this one running away.

I agree tiger....Cape Fear is the best team in Fayetteville, but reality awaits them in Laurinburg! It will be Scotland vs. Dudley/Catholic for 4A title...

Go Raiders!

I was watching film on the Cardinal Gibbions game and Cape Fear Fans was saying they wanted Scotland at the end of the game , but Cape Fear didn't post any film on the game got the film from Cardinal Gibbions.

Watched highlights of Cape Fear QB and he is very talented. In the end the x factor will be Scotlands tough defense that is just flat out nasty. I say Scots 42 to 21 over the Colts. Get there early because the Pate is going to be packed !!!

I was at the Cape Fear Game on Dec 2, 2016 and the crowed started voicing "WE WANT SCOTLAND-----------WE WANT SCOTLAND"

I say to "CAPE FEAR", your wish is certain. That four letter word C.A.P.E will be gone when you step on to Pate.

The only thing you will be left with is "FEAR"

----------- BREAK ----------

I ask all of Scotland to become the loudest voice at Pate. Enough that Cape Fear can't hear or SEE their own play calling. LETS BRING THE THUNDER ON THE BLEACHERS

This game is over when they begin collecting for the 50/50 drawing

15391045_10154814403948156_2912082450665672527_n.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT