ADVERTISEMENT

Cape Fear 13 Clinton 7

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Hard frought game by the Horses offensive struggle tonight saw good things saw bad things most importantly its a long season this only one game and we wont see too many teams with that much size and talent.....defense stepped up late in the game held its on.....i think the drive everyone will look back on is late in the 1st half we had the ball 3rd and 1 inside the 20 got a false start had to attempt a FG and it was blocked....next drive Cape Fear marched down and scored what ended up being the game winner.....like i said only the first game plenty of time to improve.....good game Cape Fear looking forward to doing it again next season at your place.....Go game Horses lets get ready for East Bladen next week

I wouldnt count us out either a 6 point loss to a top 10 3A school.....we could of played better but definitely not a bad team we will get better
Oh no. I'm well aware it's gonna be a three_way struggle at the top. Any of the three could win it. Strong, strong conference

Looking back on this game credit to Cape Fear but I believe we beat ourselves more than they did.....mental mistakes missed assignments etc.....personnel not being on the field when suppose to be....having to use crucial timeouts which could of made a difference just missed opportunities really and of course alot of missed tackles in the first half......gotta cut those out going forward

Reactions: Wizard of the East
Looking back on this game credit to Cape Fear but I believe we beat ourselves more than they did.....mental mistakes missed assignments etc.....personnel not being on the field when suppose to be....having to use crucial timeouts which could of made a difference just missed opportunities really and of course alot of missed tackles in the first half......gotta cut those out going forward

34 I wasn't at the game but I listened to it on the internet in the mountains on my iPhone II believe you're exactly right we beat ourselves. Cape Fear didn't beat us. TOO many mental mistakes . My good friend and old ball coach Robert Hill would say you can recover from physical mistakes but mental mistakes will beat you! I think we had the better athletic talent on the field. We should have won the game. The encouraging thing is we know we're right there at it with a few tweaks. I think we'll see a much improved total performance against East Bladen next Friday!
Go DarkHorses!!!!

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Yes we were right there dont think they expected us to hang tough with them......i still have faith in Chandler Perry's leg and glad Lewis gave him chances tonight.....that first blocked FG was just a bad snap and horrible blocking and the miss i believe he rushed it thinking about the first blocked one.......great crowd tonight for the game pretty much packed on the homeside looking forward to next weeks game

I thought the Horses would have put a lot more points on the board. The offense did very little in the first half and most of the 3rd quarter. The D kept us in the game even though they missed a lot of tackles. The O did some nice things later. The passing game was non-existent which I thought would have been the difference in the game! Dropped passes, overthrown passes...disappointing. But, they will get better!!

Wow... Looks like the East Central runs through Beulaville
as a fellow Panther fan bro, i have to point out to you that Cape Fear is a top program. they made it to the state title game last year. im pretty sure theyre capable of beating anyone in our conference. not a bad loss at all for Clinton. it will definitely be a three team race at the top of our conference.

We abandoned the spread offense after one series. I thought that was going to be our thing this season. We finally went back to it in the 4th and started to move the ball a bit.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
We abandoned the spread offense after one series. I thought that was going to be our thing this season. We finally went back to it in the 4th and started to move the ball a bit.

The T worked well on that drive late in the first half....Cape Fear's defense front was leaving holes right in the middle so i see why Lewis stayed with it for awhile.....that false start on 3rd and 1 is what killed us im almost certain we were on the way to score and if anything we would of gave them a very long field probably could of held till the first half ended.....Spread did work well late....Kris was just rushing his passes a few times he had guys open just put alil too much on em that will get better with time

Reactions: Horses71
Off subject but congrats to former Clinton Asst Coach Jason Arnette on his first victory at HCA probably the first of many

U just did. However, turnovers are a part of the game. Who cares about if and buts, they won we lost, it's over.

ok it would have been a shutout if they didnt gift us a TD lol.......turnovers are part of the game just like us making mental errors and poor tackling

Bottomline we beat ourselves last night but like 04 said its over done with time to get ready for East Bladen

ok it would have been a shutout if they didnt gift us a TD lol.......turnovers are part of the game just like us making mental errors and poor tackling
Thank you, you just gave yourself a lesson in accepting the game and all it entails for what it is. So say it with me, "Cape Fear beat Clinton not Clinton beat Clinton" remember it's all part of the game.

Reactions: dirty stallion
Thank you, you just gave yourself a lesson in accepting the game and all it entails for what it is. So say it with me, "Cape Fear beat Clinton not Clinton beat Clinton" remember it's all part of the game.
Wow! State 4-A runner-up beat a 2-A!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT