ADVERTISEMENT

Canceled Conference Games

How is this going to be treated. If these games are canceled will they try to make them up or will they be forfeits.
Look for two games in a week. That happened last year. Will be much harder this year with full slate. It's going to be a hot smelly mess.

Reactions: beamer24
I know with South Iredell they already having to make up one for this week to another date. Which is on a weekday. It’s going get interesting. Good question though. Also this could cause some of the better teams to get knocked out of the playoffs. Depending on which school gets hit.

Reactions: beamer24
I say scrap the 1st round of the playoffs and use that extra week to complete conference games. If my understanding is correct there going to have 6 rounds this year so just cut it back to five like normal minus subdividing.

The problem is if teams are quarantined for 2 weeks. One week isn’t enough to make up both games. Still gotta play 2 in a weeks time

Reactions: BK13T-$
I know so that means reschedule or cancelled game. I would be more worried about a team playing three games in 8 days than covid.
I don’t like the idea of playing that many games in that time frame either. Not saying you thought this, but a lot of people think quarantine automatically means either ten or fourteen days. The reality is difficult, but not as bad as many think.

AC Reynolds @ North Buncombe can’t play Friday because both teams had to follow COVID protocol (neither played last week either) but the game was moved to Monday, so we play Monday and Friday next week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT