ADVERTISEMENT

"Can of Sardines"

sway1532

Aug 15, 2011
I'm going to take my final say on the situation of AHS possibly closing.

Albemarle as a whole has so much potential. But unfortunately, it continues to fall short or live up to its potential. In this case, it is not the kids fault; it's the leaders and parents that has not only "Failed" our kids, but have failed this town. There is no "Clear" agenda from our leaders that will make our town better, and as voters we have failed to see this. Albemarle will never reach it full potential unless we look at "The Man in The Mirror". I'm going to be honest here....this is what happens when you don't come together sooner than later. This is what happens when people allow the "Good ol' Boy System" to stay in affect at the expense of "Their" wealth and child education. This is what happens....

I'm at the end of my wits with this "Mundane" town and the people in charge of it. I personally do not feel that they will close down Albemarle and make it into a magnet school, but I do believe that "Change" needs to happen. Some people don't like the word "Change" especially in this town, but "This is what happens" when you don't adapt with the changes around you. Albemarle is stuck in time....

But, Albemarle will always have a place in my heart.

I agree as well. Some of the best HS sports programs are in small towns. I have been to some large consolidated high schools (3000 +) and their 15,000 seat stadiums were only a quarter full. I have been to some small town schools and their 4,000 seat stadiums were packed with 5,000 people. The difference in atmosphere was totally different. I have always said that when a school gets much bigger than 1000 kids it is no longer the same. I have coached in high schools with student populations ranging from 400 kids to 2000 kids and I will tell you that in my opinion as the numbers went up the closeness of the students went down. There is a lot to be said for the students knowing all the other students as well as the faculty and kids all knowing each other. Plus the smaller the HS the less problems you have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT