ADVERTISEMENT

Can Albemarle ever regain their Greatness?

Albemarle will take some lumps this year. I say we win 4 close games.. The days of Albemarle having "2" starting teams on Varsity is long gone. We can still win with low numbers, the coach has to push them in order to do so.

Will the Dogs have enough players for a JV team? That is essential to future success.

I have asked around and a lot of people including current assistant coaches believe AHS will be successful winning 3. If they win 4, Mason will be a legend. But this is the first year in AHS history where this might be a fight with Chathem for the bottom of the conference. As a former AHS alum I don't dislike Mason, but I have doubted the hire, however I support him and his staff. AHS can rise again if Mason and his staff build a program with longevity. We cant continue to get a new coach every year. There is a chance we go 0-11. If we do, we cant berate our new coaching staff. We must support them on their process to build a program.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Not expecting Albemarle to start out very strong. I'm hoping that We can go to West Stanly in the 3rd game and play decent. I'm wishing Mason the best and hoping that We can get the glory days back.

We have on of the greatest football history's in NC but from 95 to 2006 we had a new coach every couple of years. Those years were the worst rville has every had. NO team can keep winning with that many coaches.
Dogs need a long time coach. Then youu guys will rise back like we did.

Definitely BK. Great Programs like Robbinsville have times like this. We where spoiled Brats but now We are begging for just a mediocre Year

Shame to say, but We don't have 5 programs in the YVC that can win State. We shouldn't have it hard making it back to close to the top 3 in this Conference

Like I said, expect Albemarle to take some lumps this year. I'll be over in Charlotte somewhere watching some football; should be a good experience for me.

How much has Albemarle grown in the past 10 years? What kind of jobs does Albemarle have that will keep native residents here and attract new bodies? I can tell you, but you might not like my answer...

If Albemarle ever goes win less in the conference they are in now the head coach and the entire coaching staff should be fired on the spot. Albemarle still has too many athletes to lose to teams like South Davidson and Chatham Central.

If Albemarle ever goes win less in the conference they are in now the head coach and the entire coaching staff should be fired on the spot. Albemarle still has too many athletes to lose to teams like South Davidson and Chatham Central.

South Davidson shouldn't even show up.... Chatham has a new coach I believe, so that's two games right there. West Stanly and South Stanly are a toss up, the rest of the games will be a "Beat Down" on Albemarle.

Last edited:
I will visit North Stanly this year to watch Emery play. I feel like He got hoo dooed last year.

Emery is going to run all over Albemarle. We need to start taking off the Concords and Davidson Day's and start playing to our competition. We no longer have the bodies to compete with schools like this. There is nothing to gain from playing them now, maybe in the early 2000s and around 2008-2010 we would have been good to play them, but now...hell no. Albemarle confidence is "SHOT". I rather play Cherryville or someone like them..

Emery left? wow albemarle really has nothing now. Is aj steinback(spelling) still there?
I heard today that Standback and two other returning starters from last year are not playing as well. I am not sure of the other two names, but I think they were a QB and another skill position.

Reactions: atucker2
Scott Smith set our program back decades. What a piece of s.... he was as a coach. Never seen anybody worse. It will take us yrs to recover. Hope Mason can start us on the road back.. Time will tell.. Good luck Jim Mason. I will support you until and if I see different......

Scott Smith set our program back decades. What a piece of s.... he was as a coach. Never seen anybody worse. It will take us yrs to recover. Hope Mason can start us on the road back.. Time will tell.. Good luck Jim Mason. I will support you until and if I see different......
You are 100% right about Seth Smith . Hopefully Coach Mason can get things turned around for the Dogs.

Honestly, I hated Scott Smith, but he had a tremendous track record. He also was producing a competitive team at Cata, which I was excited about.

Albemarle has skilled players.....nothing to worry about there. RB's come a dime a dozen at Albemarle. Need to be more worried about the OL and DL...

I worry about Defense. During Our State runs, no matter how good Our Offence was, look at the Defence on those Teams. They always seemed to rise up and shut the other Teams down. They have got to be quick, get Turnovers and let Our Offence score

You are 100% right about Seth Smith . Hopefully Coach Mason can get things turned around for the Dogs.
Sorry I meant Scott Smith but Seth Smith was the coach that de-emphasized the weight training program that Gaster started.

Does any other YVC fans have any predictions for their team?
After seeing some 7 on 7, I think WM will be better than most expected. But that is without a line, so we'll see. Plenty of athletes will not be an issue. Scoring points has not been the issue the last few years. Stopping the other team from scoring has been the issue.

I heard today that AHS is without our top five returning skill players from last year. I am not sure of the names except Lilly, Standback and Emorie. I heard one transferred to WM and the other moved out of town. Maybe some young guys will step up.

It's hard to get Fans interested in the games. I can remember when People stayed after the game just to hear the Head Coach talk to the Players. I hope that Coach Mason can bring that excitement

No football in that town. Pack it up guys. Even before this meltdown albermale wasn't all that. How many title in history. Not alot. Any jerk from albermale that trash talks Robbinsville is a DA. 6 titles smack talking 14 titles doesn't make you look to smart. Carry on jerk!

No football in that town. Pack it up guys. Even before this meltdown albermale wasn't all that. How many title in history. Not alot. Any jerk from albermale that trash talks Robbinsville is a DA. 6 titles smack talking 14 titles doesn't make you look to smart. Carry on jerk!

Calm down "Pvt. Pile" I was just poking at you guys....5 state titles is way more than anyone in the YVC for sure. We're still the kings of the mountain as far as I'm concerned kiddo.

I heard today that AHS is without our top five returning skill players from last year. I am not sure of the names except Lilly, Standback and Emorie. I heard one transferred to WM and the other moved out of town. Maybe some young guys will step up.
If they don't want to play so be it. That's their decision to make and we will still have a team with or without them. I would rather have players on the field that want to play anyway. When I was a senior we had two players who had played on the team from the 8th grade through high school who decided not to play their senior year. After our first scrimmage one of them approached the coach about coming back to play but Coach Wheeler told them it was too late. Both players later told me that not playing was one of the biggest mistakes they had ever made.

The show will go on...we will be o.k. Best of wishes to them all.

I will say this. This is the mentality of what we've put of with the past 4 years! I'm not the one to bash kids and I won't start today, but you can't jump ship just because you have water up to your knees... It took hard work and damn near 20 years to build that dynasty at Albemarle, winning 5 state titles. If it's a "RING" they want, I hope they get one wherever they go. But I graduated from Albemarle and I can proudly say we have won 5 state championships in Americans favorite sport.

If they don't want to play so be it. That's their decision to make and we will still have a team with or without them. I would rather have players on the field that want to play anyway. When I was a senior we had two players who had played on the team from the 8th grade through high school who decided not to play their senior year. After our first scrimmage one of them approached the coach about coming back to play but Coach Wheeler told them it was too late. Both players later told me that not playing was one of the biggest mistakes they had ever made.

I can hear Coach Gaster now, " We would like to have you,.......But we Don't need you!

I can hear Coach Gaster now, " We would like to have you,.......But we Don't need you!

Short and to the point lol.

Has anyone heard of 7 on 7? I wanna say next week 7 on 7 will start.. and practice is 3 weeks away..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT