ADVERTISEMENT

Calvary

BuckinElkin!!

Oct 19, 2004
Has anyone seen Seth Simmons pitch on a regualar basis?

I had opportunity to see him on two separate occasions this summer and I'm just very surprised he will be attending NCSU.

Congrats to him and I'm glad for him but I along with many others never saw this coming.

The first time I saw him he walked more in the first inning than the fellow we went to see did all season long. Seriously.

Same thing in the next tournament.

Did we all see him on bad days?

Somebody tell me about this kid.

He faced us in the semifinals of the 2A state tournament for the second year in a row. He has a very good fastball, with a good curve as well. I did not get the chance to see him in 2005, but this year he looked good on the mound against us - blew us away.

The following day against Asheville Christian, he gave up a few hits and that seemed to lead to his demise. The more frustrated he got, the less effective he was. If he can get a good head on his shoulders, he will be a tremendous asset to any team.

I saw him make 3 appearances in 2 days. Lights out against us, but it seems like when it started raining (more hits given up) - it poured.

In the two games I saw with the showcase team he had no confidence at all.

His chin was in his chest when it was going bad which it was all the time and he wasn't even aware of what was going on around him.

It just blew us away when we read he had committed to NCSU.

Again, happy for him, just curious about that situation cause the group of us that went to those two tournaments know baseball.

But like I said two tournaments isn't enough to judge someone's ability to the t.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT