ADVERTISEMENT

Calling all tigers

Your coach gone!
Wow this is the first I have heard of it. Really hate to hear that I liked Clark and thought he was doing a fine job. Wish him the best in whatever his future holds. Doesn’t look like we will have a season anyway so plenty of time to find a coach.

Reactions: dogs79
I like Avent. He could rebuild it.
With his son still playing college ball I don’t know if he would. Avent would be my hands down first choice and if he wanted the job he would get it. But the chances of that are slim to none. Whoever we hire it is going to have to be a name that generates some excitement and interest but I doubt any coach especially a good coach is going to be eager to come to Duplin County right now with everything that is happening in the world.

The JK job would be a good opportunity for a young coordinator to come into a situation where he can do whatever he wants. I just hope whoever the new coach is puts the players first and takes care of them on and off the field.

Reactions: dogs79
Wow this is the first I have heard of it. Really hate to hear that I liked Clark and thought he was doing a fine job. Wish him the best in whatever his future holds. Doesn’t look like we will have a season anyway so plenty of time to find a coach.
We have a coach!!

Ken Avent is back in the saddle! And believe me, Avent isn't coming back unless he knows that he's gonna win. With the incoming freshmen class to go alone with last year's freshmen, JK will be making some noise sooner than later.

If Ken is back then we are lucky. Hopefully this turns into a full time coaching position, but we are blessed Avent is doing this. Not expecting immediate results but if anyone can pull us out of the grave it is Ken Avent. Once again the JK job is his as long as he wants it. Can already feel the life coming back into the program.

I expect some big position changes.

If Ken is back then we are lucky. Hopefully this turns into a full time coaching position, but we are blessed Avent is doing this. Not expecting immediate results but if anyone can pull us out of the grave it is Ken Avent. Once again the JK job is his as long as he wants it. Can already feel the life coming back into the program.

I expect some big position changes.
Many feels that Avent is the reason we were in the grave, and the life went out of the program. He has to win over the parents as well as the players trust, in order to get kids to come out and play. That's going to be the hard part, not just for Ken, but for any coach that gets the job.

Many feels that Avent is the reason we were in the grave, and the life went out of the program. He has to win over the parents as well as the players trust, in order to get kids to come out and play. That's going to be the hard part, not just for Ken, but for any coach that gets the job.
2 state championships, has won everywhere he has been, has incredible knowledge of the game, was a star when he played back in the day, he has no reason to kiss ass. Parents and kids need to get over themselves and get with the program, parents need to realize if Avent wasn’t playing your son in a certain position he was either not ready or he was not good. Avent never took us to the grave, parents and these entitled millennials took us there.

2 state championships, has won everywhere he has been, has incredible knowledge of the game, was a star when he played back in the day, he has no reason to kiss ass. Parents and kids need to get over themselves and get with the program, parents need to realize if Avent wasn’t playing your son in a certain position he was either not ready or he was not good. Avent never took us to the grave, parents and these entitled millennials took us there.
I see you're not close to the program.

I see you're not close to the program.
To ever think that Avent is the reason football went down is asinine. Parents got frustrated with him because their kids were not getting playing time. That’s a pretty well known fact. Parents got frustrated with his play calling. Parents got frustrated because his son was the QB. Ken Avent can’t help the fact his son was a star and one of the best players on the field. Parents thought he was showing favoritism. Simple fact is he put the best players on the field last time he was head coach and he called the plays he believed gave his team the best chance to win the game. But parents who haven’t studied opponents, film, been at practice, etc want to sit in the stands and condemn him for how he coaches. Absolutely blows my mind.

Reactions: kenan98 and dogs79
i heard it was only temporary, one year and hes stepping down again, So Avent who is a great coach doesnt have to win anyone over, sounds to me like the parents and players may have to win Avent over.

i heard it was only temporary, one year and hes stepping down again, So Avent who is a great coach doesnt have to win anyone over, sounds to me like the parents and players may have to win Avent over.
If there is even a season ... but yes you’re correct

To ever think that Avent is the reason football went down is asinine. Parents got frustrated with him because their kids were not getting playing time. That’s a pretty well known fact. Parents got frustrated with his play calling. Parents got frustrated because his son was the QB. Ken Avent can’t help the fact his son was a star and one of the best players on the field. Parents thought he was showing favoritism. Simple fact is he put the best players on the field last time he was head coach and he called the plays he believed gave his team the best chance to win the game. But parents who haven’t studied opponents, film, been at practice, etc want to sit in the stands and condemn him for how he coaches. Absolutely blows my mind.
It wasn't only the parents, it was players also. And a lot of that were true, it wasn't just what they thought, some of it was true, and we lost some good athletes because a lot of that was true. Some very good athletic players wouldn't come out and play because of it. And he didn't put the best players on the field. I love Ken, and KAIII, but he wasn't even the best qb on the team, but ya'll will never know that. It was a big trust issue between coaches and the players following that 2015 season. We had freshmen and sophomores ready and we didn't play them in that eastern championship game at Wallace. And because we didn't play them, that caused the downfall of our program. Parents took their kids elsewhere to play, and players wouldn't even come out for football. And we have yet to recover.

I think it all depends on how things go this season, (I doubt it'll be a season), and the realignment. If he's the coach for this season, and realignment puts us back in 1a, he'll be there for a few years, because JK has a ton of talent coming.

It wasn't only the parents, it was players also. And a lot of that were true, it wasn't just what they thought, some of it was true, and we lost some good athletes because a lot of that was true. Some very good athletic players wouldn't come out and play because of it. And he didn't put the best players on the field. I love Ken, and KAIII, but he wasn't even the best qb on the team, but ya'll will never know that. It was a big trust issue between coaches and the players following that 2015 season. We had freshmen and sophomores ready and we didn't play them in that eastern championship game at Wallace. And because we didn't play them, that caused the downfall of our program. Parents took their kids elsewhere to play, and players wouldn't even come out for football. And we have yet to recover.
Sounds like community and you thought y'all knew more the Avent. That's most of the problem.

Reactions: UNC91
Sounds like community and you thought y'all knew more the Avent. That's most of the problem.
What?? Nah the problem is kids not wanting to play for JK, and parents sending their kids elsewhere to play. Like I said, I love Avent and I support him 100%, I'm just giving insight about what happened. And the proof is in the pudding, JK hasn't won anything since. I just hope now that these kids are so tired of sitting in the house doing nothing, that they will come out to play.

I think it all depends on how things go this season, (I doubt it'll be a season), and the realignment. If he's the coach for this season, and realignment puts us back in 1a, he'll be there for a few years, because JK has a ton of talent coming.
I would be shocked if we didn’t drop back down to 1A. Our numbers are already borderline as is aren’t they?

Reactions: UNC91 and kenan98
What?? Nah the problem is kids not wanting to play for JK, and parents sending their kids elsewhere to play. Like I said, I love Avent and I support him 100%, I'm just giving insight about what happened. And the proof is in the pudding, JK hasn't won anything since. I just hope now that these kids are so tired of sitting in the house doing nothing, that they will come out to play.
I kinda thought you were on the side you spoke of about who should be playing and no positive future. You been pretty negative about your team

Reactions: UNC91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT