ADVERTISEMENT

Butler At Richmond

I am Raider fan I try to go & support them every game but I am also a truthful fan to as I stated last night great win for the raiders but also they made a lot of mistakes and a lot of penalties that will cost them against any team especially Cardinal next week and Scotland in Nov they have to clean up on them mistakes and stop with all the penalties idk if the ref were just flag happy last night but way to many flags If they clean up the mistakes and penalties Richmond will beat everyone they play If not they will not go to the state . But in that note I know butler is not the team of past but they are pretty good and apparently they gave mallard creek a ball game I think the score against them two was 33- 17 so mallard creek must not be the team of the past b/c the raiders made lots of mistakes and unnecessary penalties and butler got bet 42-14
Go Raiders and Go Scots Til November

I am Raider fan I try to go & support them every game but I am also a truthful fan to as I stated last night great win for the raiders but also they made a lot of mistakes and a lot of penalties that will cost them against any team especially Cardinal next week and Scotland in Nov they have to clean up on them mistakes and stop with all the penalties idk if the ref were just flag happy last night but way to many flags If they clean up the mistakes and penalties Richmond will beat everyone they play If not they will not go to the state . But in that note I know butler is not the team of past but they are pretty good and apparently they gave mallard creek a ball game I think the score against them two was 33- 17 so mallard creek must not be the team of the past b/c the raiders made lots of mistakes and unnecessary penalties and butler got bet 42-14
Go Raiders and Go Scots Til November

MC had 200 yards in penalties to Butlers 160 yards total offense. Creek started pulling starters 3rd quarter. Was never a game from beginning to end. 33-3 going into the 4th quarter. By the 4 quarter, I believe everyone dressed played. Looking forward to the opportunity! Enjoy your win, but Damn!

Last edited:
Some folks can't take it. These kids hear far worst than anything posted on here. I have had spats with Nepsy and many other posters but i come on this to take it and give it. I give as much grief to sc players as i do others. These kids are far tougher mentally than some adults. i know times have changed with social media but i can tell you playing for mike dubis, leon hope, rod broadway, steve spurrier, buddy ryan (for a cup of coffee) and others they would lay your ass out about your performance and they didn't care who heard it. They had different methods some would curse like a sailor others would just put you on the shit list. These kids could care less what a bunch of "has beens or never was" old timers say about them. Most of them are far better players than any of us were.

Try to keep it above board but you are right. In the end if you mention a team or player didnt play well someone is gonna get upset. Many times it is a parent and my direction there would be if you struggle with that sort of stuff I would stay off of social media.

I think Richmond is one of 6 teams with a shot at the 4aa title. I think that is pretty high praise but it would be hard to go higher than that based largely on what I saw last year as I havent seen them this year. It is clearly a program returning to an elite place. I also think that if they go east it will be a much easier task.

Unlike many years I believe there are 3 elite level teams in Meck county ( usually 2, sometimes only one). I think the consolidation of talent continues in Meck county and in the end the biggest hurdle for Richmond will be the same as last year. They dont see anything close to an elite passing game during the season and it is very hard to make that adjustment in November, that doesnt mean they dont have a chance because they too have a stellar QB.

They would handle Myers Park and I believe they’ll get the opportunity, for the big pay back.
I haven't seen either team play. This is a legitimate question. Why do you say they would?

It's only week 3. These guys only get stronger and smarter each week. Butler is not finished by any means. Richmond, Butler just might play again. Richmond certainly has the team. They have to stay focused. I been there every year and this is a special group, so much speed, talent, and coaching and more. Depends on where they place in the playoffs. That says a lot. Ain't nobody gonna do em any favors.. lol if you want it you gotta take it. Plenty of time yet.. GO RAIDERS..

I thought that V was for Vance. Now it seems you're on the Mallard Park wagon. Believe me RSHS wants some.
No I cheer for creek when were not playing them 1. They represent north Charlotte, imeck, I know a lot of the parents n kids up there, were neighbors theres neighborhoods where half of the kids on one side goes 2 Vance n the other side goes 2 MC. 2. Playing them prepares us for the late season grind and playoffs. So yes I have mad respect for them. If we don't win it I'll cheer for them 2 bring the ship back 2 the 704!

I thought that V was for Vance. Now it seems you're on the Mallard Park wagon. Believe me RSHS wants some.
Dammit yall better bring it....I know yall good n have dynamic players but if they're afraid 2 get punched in the mouth yall wont make it far!!

It's only week 3. These guys only get stronger and smarter each week. Butler is not finished by any means. Richmond, Butler just might play again. Richmond certainly has the team. They have to stay focused. I been there every year and this is a special group, so much speed, talent, and coaching and more. Depends on where they place in the playoffs. That says a lot. Ain't nobody gonna do em any favors.. lol if you want it you gotta take it. Plenty of time yet.. GO RAIDERS..
So true I've seen that 2016 Butler team get smacked early in the yr n turn around n get hot in the playoffs... cant never count them out.

Got to see a regular-season Raider game for the first time in a few years! Some takeaways:

Positives:
1. The defense is pretty freaking good. They had some lapses last night, but for the most part, they are the truth. DB's need to watch the eyes and hands of those receivers. Overall, I'm impressed

2. Caleb Hood is the truth. I'm very impressed with this young man. I cannot wait to see where he goes from here.

3. The kid that ran back the kickoff has got a set of wheels. I love that acceleration.

4. New concession lines around the back was a brilliant idea! It opens the concourse up so much! .....but.....

Negatives:
1. ....the concessions need a snaking line so the line isn't single file around the corner going out into the concourse that you just cleared. You can put up poles and run ropes to make the line snake on the new deck.

2. Crowd is dead. It was a huge game and for the most part, it is the Dean Smith Center for high school football. chirp chirp (they did come to life in the 4th after the negated TD, so that was good)

3. Richmond has been a bit chippy the past few years. A bit more "smack talking" than the great teams of the past. This will get you into trouble. I like the aggressiveness, but silly penalties from running your mouth will only lead to more altercations like what happened at Anson. I'd nip this in the bud. Like Belichick and Saban preach, "DO YOUR JOB!" Nothing else really matters if you do that.

4. That damn tent. I understand you guys have to watch your big screens, but the fans can't see half the field because of that damn yellow tent. Just an annoyance really.

Neutral:
1. The lights are cute. How much did that cost and who paid for it? Was it worth it? Really?

Overall, I think there are good things happening in Raiderville. Can't wait to see where this team goes.

Got to see a regular-season Raider game for the first time in a few years! Some takeaways:

Positives:
1. The defense is pretty freaking good. They had some lapses last night, but for the most part, they are the truth. DB's need to watch the eyes and hands of those receivers. Overall, I'm impressed

2. Caleb Hood is the truth. I'm very impressed with this young man. I cannot wait to see where he goes from here.

3. The kid that ran back the kickoff has got a set of wheels. I love that acceleration.

4. New concession lines around the back was a brilliant idea! It opens the concourse up so much! .....but.....

Negatives:
1. ....the concessions need a snaking line so the line isn't single file around the corner going out into the concourse that you just cleared. You can put up poles and run ropes to make the line snake on the new deck.

2. Crowd is dead. It was a huge game and for the most part, it is the Dean Smith Center for high school football. chirp chirp (they did come to life in the 4th after the negated TD, so that was good)

3. Richmond has been a bit chippy the past few years. A bit more "smack talking" than the great teams of the past. This will get you into trouble. I like the aggressiveness, but silly penalties from running your mouth will only lead to more altercations like what happened at Anson. I'd nip this in the bud. Like Belichick and Saban preach, "DO YOUR JOB!" Nothing else really matters if you do that.

4. That damn tent. I understand you guys have to watch your big screens, but the fans can't see half the field because of that damn yellow tent. Just an annoyance really.

Neutral:
1. The lights are cute. How much did that cost and who paid for it? Was it worth it? Really?

Overall, I think there are good things happening in Raiderville. Can't wait to see where this team goes.
The money for the lights and other improvement to the stadium came from grant money from the state.

Reactions: All Gold
No I cheer for creek when were not playing them 1. They represent north Charlotte, imeck, I know a lot of the parents n kids up there, were neighbors theres neighborhoods where half of the kids on one side goes 2 Vance n the other side goes 2 MC. 2. Playing them prepares us for the late season grind and playoffs. So yes I have mad respect for them. If we don't win it I'll cheer for them 2 bring the ship back 2 the 704!

Speaking of which, I will be looking for the Big Orange caravan headed south on I-85 to Gaffney on Friday

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
Wow I must have touch a nerve Richmond had a lot of penalties to i am not for sure how many but I know a lot and I am pretty sure someone on here can tell us how many sorry guys butler may not be butler of the past but they are still good and I think by the end of the season ppl will see that

Wow I must have touch a nerve Richmond had a lot of penalties to i am not for sure how many but I know a lot and I am pretty sure someone on here can tell us how many sorry guys butler may not be butler of the past but they are still good and I think by the end of the season ppl will see that

What did you say?

Reactions: S2V2

Punctuation....very helpful.

Positives:

Negatives:

Neutral:

The kid that ran the kick off 81 yards for TD was Jaron Coleman. Listed at 5’6” 158 lbs. Also he had a 95 yard TD run against Anson. Absolute burner.. In my opinion he should get the ball more. Just a junior more attempts to come.

Some folks can't take it. These kids hear far worst than anything posted on here. I have had spats with Nepsy and many other posters but i come on this to take it and give it. I give as much grief to sc players as i do others. These kids are far tougher mentally than some adults. i know times have changed with social media but i can tell you playing for mike dubis, leon hope, rod broadway, steve spurrier, buddy ryan (for a cup of coffee) and others they would lay your ass out about your performance and they didn't care who heard it. They had different methods some would curse like a sailor others would just put you on the shit list. These kids could care less what a bunch of "has beens or never was" old timers say about them. Most of them are far better players than any of us were.
Coach Dubis and Hope would chew you up and spit you out and wouldn't think twice about it. Then send you to Coach Brooks to do "BEAR CRAWLS" until your tongue fell out!!! The Good Old Days!!!

Positives:

Negatives:

Neutral:

Glad to see you back DCI. Hadn't heard from you in awhile:)

God Raiders!!

Butler had too be told to leave the field before the game so the military appreciation could start. It's all good those puppies left with their tales between their legs.

Butler had too be told to leave the field before the game so the military appreciation could start. It's all good those puppies left with their tales between their legs.

The ceremony started three minutes earlier than they were told it would. It was part of a discussion with a couple of administrators by the field house.

Yes, the "typical" Rockingham "GET OFF THE FIELD" heckling made me roll my eyes a bit. It's always good to come home, but I'm often reminded that hospitality and a good upbringing aren't always on display when I cross the county line. We're better than that Richmond County....or at least we should be

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT