ADVERTISEMENT

Burns Bulldogs

The_Rev921

Sep 16, 2010
I really just wanted to speak my mind on our season as a whole. I could not be more proud of an alumni of this school. We have had everything in the world thrown at us this season, from a new coaching staff, to parents and players transferring with the school board allowing it to happen and the biggest is a tragic loss of a dear friend so close to the program. We have had illnesses and injuries, Coach Senseney's son in the hospital etc... despite all these tough breaks, our young men and coaching staff put their hard hats on every single day and went to work. We may not have won as many games as we are used to and expect to, but sometimes a successful season isn't measured by wins and losses. That saying could not be more true in my eyes for our Dogs. A lot of kids, coaches, teams would have folded up and said the heck with it. These kids have learned valuable lessons that will stay with them for much bigger situations than football games. I know our seniors that played their last snap last night will go on to be successful men and leaders one day. I give our coaching staff all the credit in the world!! they could have packed it in, gave up and had a piss poor attitude during our season, but they kept the kids together and had them fight till the end. We had some tough losses and some very nice wins, the team improved leaps and bounds since our jamboree! that's markings of a good staff.

Im excited for our future and will continue to wear my blue and gold proudly. I have mentioned it on the boards before that we are a blue collar community here and we are not afraid to get dirt under our nails and do things the hard way. We will be back and even better. Once a Bulldog, Always a Bulldog! Good luck in the playoffs to our county rivals.

sign0087.r191677.gif

Rev that is a fantastic post. This season has brought the best and worst out in the burns fans.....I have been shocked at some of the things folks would say toward the players or the player of a certain position . In all my years of following sports I have never seen anything quite like it. The flip side is folks who go the extra mile to be supportive and those who see the big picture. All kids do well if they can. We just came up a little short on the scoreboard but came up winners in all other areas as u pointed out. I hate it's over. I wish all the other county schools well but will only follow from a distance as there are so many other things to do AND March 15th will be here before you know it. GO Dogs!!!!.

My take on the year (because I'm sure everyone is wondering) is this.....

This year went pretty much how I expected. Although I thought our offense would be better and our defense would be worse. Up until the RS game I feel like we beat the teams we were supposed to beat. I feel like we should have won that game and I'm sure our coaches feel the same way. It has been a struggle all year on the offensive side of things which was by far our biggest problem. I hope it will be better next year with another off season to get used to the new system. You may think I'm crazy, but talent wise, I compare this team to the 1-10 team we had years ago. We just had a much easier schedule to deal with this year. We can only play with who we got, our recruiting coordinator just isn't getting it done
tongue.r191677.gif
. Yes we were young, yes we had several players leave before the season and during the season, yes we had injuries, yes we had a new coach, yes everyone counted us out all year long, and yes our talent was down....But to the kids that stuck it out through the whole thing, us "TRUE BURNS" fans thank you for your time and effort. Like Rev says, we are a blue collar team and this year proved it more than ever. Learn from this difficult year, work harder than anyone during the summer and come back next year with a mission.

Good luck to all of the county teams (except Shelby and Crest
3dgrin.r191677.gif
) in the playoffs. I will be following you jealously.

REV,

Great post. Fans like you are what makes programs successful in the long run. Everyone has respect for the Burns

Bulldogs. The program is strong and will survive this year adversities. Lawndale Burns Bulldogs (they do it the right way).

Preciate it, most Burns fans have the same outlook as the posters on here. The Crest fans have been pretty supportive throughout the year for us as well. I know its not nec .their fault why our kids were allowed to leave lol.

I have to agree... Hats off to everyone at Burns, Coaches, Players, and Fans. You may not have won as many as you would have liked on the score board but the legacy this group has left will serve Burns for years to come. Efforts like this win games in the future. You will reap what you sow, no doubt you will....

Eastwake tell us what you think about coach Senseney , I am glad he is at Burns but we have some fans that are not sold on him yet . He came into Burns during a rebuilding year and we struggled on offense . I would just like some insight from someone that has maybe seen his ability to rebuild a program.

Originally posted by OLDSCHOOLBULLDOG:
Eastwake tell us what you think about coach Senseney , I am glad he is at Burns but we have some fans that are not sold on him yet . He came into Burns during a rebuilding year and we struggled on offense . I would just like some insight from someone that has maybe seen his ability to rebuild a program.
I believe he did a great job with all he had to go through.

You beat people/teams better than you by out working them......out work somebody this off season and come back with a chip on you shoulders.Burns will be fine, might be a while but they will be. Too prideful not to bounce back....

There was a lot of talk about the players RS was missing last Friday...but what folks don't realize is what WE were missing. Three players off of our D line were out....One was a full time starter and the others were part time first off the bench plyaers. It really showed. Allen and Carroll (linebackers) combined for 29 tackles. RS got a huge push almost every play which accounted for 5 or 6 yeards. I am not at all faulting the guys who were in there because they played hard. I like to think about it this way ....on the last play of the last game our guys HAD something to play for. We fought for the playoffs hard and were a bad call on 4th and 3 away from making it (call me a homer all you want but no way in heck Tate moved on that play). We all know anything can happen in the playoffs. My hope is that it makes these guys hungry for more...it leaves such a bad taste that they will give their all to work hard this off season which will translate in to wins. With 15/16 starters back next season it certainly can and will happen.

Don't have a dog (no pun intended) in this fight but my thoughts on Coach S

I am on the Cleveland County Youth Football League board, and coach at Upper Cleveland .... I sent Coach Senseny an email back at the beginning of the season letting him know about the league and asking for his support for the kids at Upper Cleveland and Union, since they will both be playing for the Bulldogs in the years to come. I told him we would be playing each other and what date. To be honest I didn't expect the high school Coach to come out and support the kids, knowing how busy he would be during his season, but on the day Upper Cleveland Union played, he showed up and stayed the entire day... The kids were tickled he was there knowing that the Burns coach was there to see them all play...

Folks that went a LONG way with me.... I appreciate it very much, got to spend a little time with him talking and I could tell just from those few moments, he was a good man, and cared for kids...

Burns is in good hands with Coach S..... genuine care for what happens to these kids, I picked that up within minutes of talking to him...

Thanks again Coach.. .And Burns fans, you have a good one.....

Every previous coach worked well with our youngsters from my understanding. Good to know Senseney knows it starts with the youth program. I like how he encourages his kids to do multiple sports also, not just focus on one sport.

Originally posted by KM2ASU:
deleted.......i thought it was funny, then I thought better of it.
This post was edited on 11/10 12:09 PM by KM2ASU
I can only imagine... lol

As far as our coach. I said it a million times this year, Burns will be fine. He took over a team that was on a 26 game losing streak in Gretna and has multiple State Titles to go with it. He knows what he is doing.

Every program has up years, down years and rebuilding years. This was a rebuilding year. Coach Senseney did a great job with the talent at hand. He won the games he was expected to win. The foundation has been laid. Brighter days are ahead for the Bulldogs. You got a good coach.

Burns will be back. All kidding aside, the kids that went to Crest would have made a significant difference in this year's team. Good luck in the playoffs and 2015.

Thanks guys....much appreciated. We don't draw from an area of the county that allows us to reload every year but we do the best with what we have. We should be very competitive next year.

coach has a system that was successful at gretna, roanoke and kdale. wont divulge that system here, but, you burns folks probably picked up on it

I know he turned kdale from an absolutely awful program into a half a foot (which ended up being a bad spot) from beating scotland AT scotland (kdale was the better team, just didn't make 2 plays)

he finally got the track guys involved (kdale is best track program in the state) and got weight lifting rolling. there are a bunch of big dudes walking around kdale high now vs baby fat guys before he got there

33 seniors graduated last year, so, kdale was really exposed this year and the coach transition made it tough. kdale lost him because there isn't any community support and no commitment to football

yall cleveland county teams need to be wary

there are 3 sheriffs in the county now. you just don't know it yet....

Originally posted by eastwake:

coach has a system that was successful at gretna, roanoke and kdale. wont divulge that system here, but, you burns folks probably picked up on it

I know he turned kdale from an absolutely awful program into a half a foot (which ended up being a bad spot) from beating scotland AT scotland (kdale was the better team, just didn't make 2 plays)

he finally got the track guys involved (kdale is best track program in the state) and got weight lifting rolling. there are a bunch of big dudes walking around kdale high now vs baby fat guys before he got there

33 seniors graduated last year, so, kdale was really exposed this year and the coach transition made it tough. kdale lost him because there isn't any community support and no commitment to football

Well said bro. Give him time and it is going to be good. People released their frustrations this year and it got them nowhere except looking like fair weather fans. People that paid attention saw what was coming. it is scary how much he knows and I am glad he is our coach.

Thanks EastWake. I really like him. We really should have beat RS and went to the playoffs. Everything that could go wrong did Friday and we still almost won.

That just got me jacked up for next season!! cant wait to see the gains this youngins make!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT