ADVERTISEMENT

Brint Russell Leaving East Rutherford for Owen

Russell's 9-3 conference championship team at Newton-Conover came from Nick Bazzle's seniors. Bazzle left the year before Russell arrived. After that "great" first year, the program collapsed into the mess it remains today. Not a good hire for Owen--based on past performance on and of the field at each of Russell's previous head coaching stops.

Reactions: UNC91
I wonder when they will name a coach. I know Russell Stone , Ledford Gibson , Mike Helms would be solid hires

Russell's 9-3 conference championship team at Newton-Conover came from Nick Bazzle's seniors. Bazzle left the year before Russell arrived. After that "great" first year, the program collapsed into the mess it remains today. Not a good hire for Owen--based on past performance on and of the field at each of Russell's previous head coaching stops.

did he coach Newton in 2018? If so I didn’t like when he was down 42-7 at half and asked for a running clock

If those coaches applied that 321 mentioned then they should have several good candidates to choose from.

Cogdill is good coach but give credit to Coach Radford for turning the Chase into the Farm and turning things around from how bad they had been under previous HC. Cogdill has to keep what Radford started going and build on that. He has had to replace some coaches with lesser hires already. Not the same quality as even this past season. He will do a good job if the administration and AD allow him the ability to hire good coaches when teaching jobs are open instead of going back to status quo. Rutherford County is already behind the 8 ball with other area school systems with low local teacher supplements and one of the lowest coaching supplements in the state.
One thing I didn’t like about Radford is how he said right before the Burns game in 2019 that he “never loses to Burns” seeing as he used to coach at Crest. Well he did that week. Big-time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT