ADVERTISEMENT

Brint Russell Leaving East Rutherford for Owen

East Rutherford hasn’t been good since 2018. I think a lot of issues ar East Rutherford are like those happening across the state. Economics meaning textile jobs went to China . More sports offered , some kids want to specialize and new schools are built . Not to mention , boys wanting jobs, cars , girls , game systems and a lack of loyalty . Oh yeah not to mention Covid -19 and grades . Then of course concussions.

8 players at practice the day before they were supposed to play Shelby, middle school kids not wanting to play there and lack of off-season prep did not help build program this past year. It also doesn't help in Rutherford County to keep and retain quality coaches with one of the worst coaching supplements in the state. BTW how many schools has he been at over his career and what was longest stay? WIll be hard with the time frame and supplement to hire a quality guy to build it back up. This could be great for Thomas Jefferson. No offense but Cogdill and his recent hire won't help bring kids to Chase.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Will they be able to field a varsity team this year? They’ve lost several kids to other area schools, no coach, and we’re less than two months away. Maybe they try the JV only route this season? Hope they are able to keep it going.

No offense but Cogdill and his recent hire won't help bring kids to Chase.
Cogdill has a good thing going on The Farm whether he gets any transfers or not. He gets the most out of his players. And if that hire is who I’m thinking of I have to disagree with you, he is a great hire. Regardless I trust his judgment.

Cogdill has a good thing going on The Farm whether he gets any transfers or not. He gets the most out of his players. And if that hire is who I’m thinking of I have to disagree with you, he is a great hire. Regardless I trust his judgment.
Cogdill is good coach but give credit to Coach Radford for turning the Chase into the Farm and turning things around from how bad they had been under previous HC. Cogdill has to keep what Radford started going and build on that. He has had to replace some coaches with lesser hires already. Not the same quality as even this past season. He will do a good job if the administration and AD allow him the ability to hire good coaches when teaching jobs are open instead of going back to status quo. Rutherford County is already behind the 8 ball with other area school systems with low local teacher supplements and one of the lowest coaching supplements in the state.

He has been at 2 TN schools plus Newton Conover, East Rutherford as head man and Crest, East Rutherford and McDowell as an assistant. He helped out with Owen Kenny Fords last season as well but why are you asking me?You seem to just want to be a Debbie downer that knows everything anyway

Cogdill is good coach but give credit to Coach Radford for turning the Chase into the Farm and turning things around from how bad they had been under previous HC. Cogdill has to keep what Radford started going and build on that. He has had to replace some coaches with lesser hires already. Not the same quality as even this past season. He will do a good job if the administration and AD allow him the ability to hire good coaches when teaching jobs are open instead of going back to status quo. Rutherford County is already behind the 8 ball with other area school systems with low local teacher supplements and one of the lowest coaching supplements in the state.
If Radford needs a job in a few years Cogdill may hire him as OL coach . :) 😀

He has been at 2 TN schools plus Newton Conover, East Rutherford as head man and Crest, East Rutherford and McDowell as an assistant. He helped out with Owen Kenny Fords last season as well but why are you asking me?You seem to just want to be a Debbie downer that knows everything anyway
Can't ask a question about a guys career. Wish him best of luck at his alma mater. Sounds like you want to make more out of it than a simple question. Did Russell graduate from Owen in 98 by chance?

Reactions: CHEERDUCK and UNC91
Sounds like you want to make more out of it than a simple question
Sounds like you just wanted to turn this thread about East Rutherford and Owen into a Chase bashing thread when I simply stated that Cogdill was the longest tenured coach out of the three public high schools.
If Radford needs a job in a few years Cogdill may hire him as OL coach . :) 😀
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Cogdill is good coach but give credit to Coach Radford for turning the Chase into the Farm and turning things around from how bad they had been under previous HC.

Yes credit to Coach Radford but it sounds like he was just using Chase as a stepping stone. I think Cogdill wants to be there for a while. They live nearby and it’s where he wants to be. He will do a good job regardless of circumstances!

Last edited:
Can't ask a question about a guys career. Wish him best of luck at his alma mater. Sounds like you want to make more out of it than a simple question. Did Russell graduate from Owen in 98 by chance?
He has moved around a lot in his career.

Head Coaching Jobs -

Tennessee:
3 seasons at Heritage High: 8-22 overall record
1 season at Jackson County: 4-6 overall record

North Carolina:
1/2 a season at South Davidson (resigned before ever coaching a game)
2 seasons at Newton Conover: 11-20 overall record
1 season at East Rutherford: 0-7 overall

Overall Head Coaching Record: 23-55
* 1 winning season as a head coach (NC 9-3)

Assistant Coach at over another handful of more schools?

Always drama at any school he coached at. Players leaving, transferring, not playing, player/coach turmoil, etc.

It seems to me Owen was desperate for a hire…

The Warhorses did improve drastically the past few years. Only 15 applicants? That seems really low to me for a school like Owen. Rumor mill is he was not their first choice. First choice backed out. Hope it works out and history doesn’t repeat itself.

Head Coaching Jobs -

Tennessee:

North Carolina:

Always drama at any school he coached at. Players leaving, transferring, not playing, player/coach turmoil, etc.

Wow would never want him on my schools sidelines

This late in the going it’s hard to expect that many applicants. Most are already on staff somewhere. I think he was the first choice

I heard it was down to he and someone else who the parents and players were gonna interview but the other backed out. I still think he was the front runner

As far as the many places he has been….I would venture it’s much like the many people I have known that have job hopped till they found their dream job then they settled down. Although I have never been one to hop around myself I believe he now has his dream job

I heard it was down to he and someone else who the parents and players were gonna interview but the other backed out. I still think he was the front runner
Parents and players interview???? What the hell are you talking about man? This sounds nuts. Still not sure how a guy with this terrible win/lose record, ever got a job to be start

As far as the many places he has been….I would venture it’s much like the many people I have known that have job hopped till they found their dream job then they settled down. Although I have never been one to hop around myself I believe he now has his dream job

Dream job at owen????? Lol wow now that's funny. Owen is laughing stock of mnt football. An mnt football is laughing stock of NC football lol

He is a graduate of Owen in ‘97 and I am ‘98. I know him. He is a good guy. Our AD along with 3 other coach’s have retired or resigned and they decided to do a parent and player interview to ask about concerns and direction etc. I had never heard of that either but since there were so few qualified people to make this decision they opened it up for that I guess. Anyway that’s what I was told. You don’t have to like it and if that’s how you feel about the mtns and Owen you can excuse yourself from the discussion because I don’t really care what you think. It is his dream job as an alumni

Dream job at owen????? Lol wow now that's funny. Owen is laughing stock of mnt football. An mnt football is laughing stock of NC football lol
With out getting into a long boring discussion, I'd say more Eastern teams are the laughing stock of NC in football than anything in the mountains.. Them boys are big and tough...ACR Robbinsville, Murphy, Pisgah made Shelby sweat big time in 06' that was a classic, blessed I got to see that one.

With out getting into a long boring discussion, I'd say more Eastern teams are the laughing stock of NC in football than anything in the mountains.. Them boys are big and tough...ACR Robbinsville, Murphy, Pisgah made Shelby sweat big time in 06' that was a classic, blessed I got to see that one.

Lol what? Swo an eastern team beat the breaks off shelby. 21-0 in 1st quarter. Watch your mouth

Parents and players interview???? What the hell are you talking about man? This sounds nuts. Still not sure how a guy with this terrible win/lose record, ever got a job to be start
I agree UNC91. A parent/player interview for a head coaching position? This is very strange. It sounds like the administration is not competent enough to make a decision. I have never heard of a high school or even a college doing this….no wonder the other candidate backed out!!

Reactions: UNC91
He is a graduate of Owen in ‘97 and I am ‘98. I know him. He is a good guy. Our AD along with 3 other coach’s have retired or resigned and they decided to do a parent and player interview to ask about concerns and direction etc. I had never heard of that either but since there were so few qualified people to make this decision they opened it up for that I guess. Anyway that’s what I was told. You don’t have to like it and if that’s how you feel about the mtns and Owen you can excuse yourself from the discussion because I don’t really care what you think. It is his dream job as an alumni
Wow…the AD and 3 other coaches retired or resigned in the same year at Owen?? That sounds like an internal problem to me. I would speculate there is more to this than what we all know. This has potential for a disaster.

The principal sucks. Nobody likes her students,parents teachers coach’s. Head Football Coach new VP at Reynolds. Head Bball coach and track coach new VP At NB. Assitant football coach,AD and Head baseball coach retired. Head JV football coach and assistant girls varsity bball coach retired and moved to Florida. Head JV baseball and varsity assistant resigned. It has been a revolving door since she became principal. To beat it all we had VP opening at Owen and the 2 coach’s had to leave to other schools to get a VP job. SHE NEEDS TO GO!!!

• Wow
Reactions: Rocketeightyeight
She is in the Virginia high school basketball hall of fame but she seemingly hates sports. She does nothing good for the sports programs. All those coaches have left since the end of the school year

We had a very good coach apply to take Coach Lee’s position as Offensive coordinator and assistant coach along with other spots and she turned him down. I won’t say his name but very competent and a pretty well known coach. She is a disaster. Now if you like Warren Wilson college and all they offer then she is perfect

Before Covid there were probably 50 people parents and students at the end of Lake Eden Road, where the school is protesting her and asking for her to be removed for weeks. Not days but weeks because of her bullying of students etc. nothing came of it but it has long been a problem but Buncombe County does nothing

I could tell you of eye witness accounts of my own that would blow your mind about this lady. Let’s just say I think coach Ford may have stayed a few more years had she not been there

We have multi sport stud athletes at this very moment thinking of leaving because of her treatment and all there coaches are gone. Has nothing to do with incoming coaches either

We have multi sport stud athletes at this very moment thinking of leaving because of her treatment and all there coaches are gone. Has nothing to do with incoming coaches either
It may not have anything to do with the incoming coaches but they will be the ones that have to deal with it. It will not be good for them if those players leave.

I agree. It stinks for them. That’s why she needs to go. The school,kids and community deserves better

Lol what? Swo an eastern team beat the breaks off shelby. 21-0 in 1st quarter. Watch your mouth
Whats a SWO? Never heard of them, was that during the clinton administration? Wait, I remember, 2004 right? Yeah almost 20 years ago...good times, my oldest was figuring out how to piss on everything back then

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek

Head Coaching Jobs -

Tennessee:

North Carolina:

What makes them think he will suddenly be able to produce a winner since he was 23-55 overall coming in? I am confused as to how many schools hire a person because he or she went there, grew up there or have the tag HC on their resume.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT