ADVERTISEMENT

Breon Pass

It would be awesome if he ends up playing both sports.
I thought that too, initially. I thought to myself, “why not just commit to NC State, since they offered for both?”. However, despite me favoring kids playing multiple sports in high school and below, maybe he should consider concentrating on one sport in college. Who knows, he may developed into a pro prospect. Think about Chris Paul for example, he’s probably really about 5’10”, maybe 5’11”, good athleticism, but not great. However, he’s a future Hall of Famer. Pass can stroke it, and he’s very athletic. Never know where his progression in one concentrated sport may lead him.

Last edited:
I think Pass will get another big offer in basketball soon. A lot of schools seem to be interested, but maybe scared away because of his football offers.

Reactions: UNC91
old timers like me remember Rusty LaRue (NW Guilford) who played football, basketball and baseball (at least 1 year) at Wake Forest.....made it for a short time as a pro with the Chicago Bulls towards the end of Michael Jordan's time and won himself a world championship ring......LaRue was an unbelievably talented athlete////////////

I thought that too, initially. I thought to myself, “why not just commit to NC State, since they offered for both?”. However, despite me favoring kids playing multiple sports in high school and below, maybe he should consider concentrating on one sport in college. Who knows, he may developed into a pro prospect. Think about Chris Paul for example, he’s probably really about 5’10”, maybe 5’11”, good athleticism, but not great. However, he’s a future Hall of Famer. Pass can stroke it, and he’s very athletic. Never know where his progression in one concentrated sport may lead him.

I promise you this, as great as he is at bball, he is 10x better at football. Whoever ends up with him in any sport will get a damn good human being on their team.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Its virtually impossible to play both basketball and football at any Div I school. Both sports require a year round commitment.

I have no idea what Breon's future holds but I will make this observation. There are very few 6' point guards in the NBA but there are lots of 6' wide receivers in the NFL.

And whatever school signs him will be getting a great young man as well as a super athlete.

Ronald Curry and Julius Peppers are the last ones I remember doing both.

Curry is the best high school football I have ever seen. Throw, run, catch n return, tackle, cover, play the ball. Unreal talent. Thought he should have picked one sport. Still played seven years in the NFL at wideout.

McDonalds AA game MVP and NFL assistant. Pretty impressive!

Reactions: shutdownD24
Its virtually impossible to play both basketball and football at any Div I school. Both sports require a year round commitment.

I have no idea what Breon's future holds but I will make this observation. There are very few 6' point guards in the NBA but there are lots of 6' wide receivers in the NFL.

And whatever school signs him will be getting a great young man as well as a super athlete.

I think Breon might be 6'1 now, or think he can be 6'1 or 6'2. I think he had planned to go for basketball, but football just has so many offers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT