ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News!!

I don't know about the rest of the team but Caleb Byrd played like it was his last game and SS made a game out of it in the end.I wasn't going to the game tonight but with all the talk about closing the school it just felt right to be there. Buddy Rich would you like some popcorn lol

Carl the beast had that look in his eye. Did'nt know what he might do. All over a bag of popcorn. lol. Anyway it was a good game and SS took us right down to the wire. Everyone knows I'm not a big Smith fan but I will give credit where credit is due. Great decision to throw the ball tonight coach with Emery out. But on the flip side he made a couple of calls that I didn't agree with. In the fourth quarter when everybody knew SS was going to onsides the kicks he has three men deep. Why? But the dumbest call he made all night was with 4 mins left and SS out of timeouts and us with the ball in SS territory. Guess what he throws the ball and SS interecpts. Now why would any coach do that. That call could have caused us the game.
Hats off to the dogs for getting the win. Bird was easily the MVP tonight. Congrats to all the guys on the win to end the reg season. Also congrats to SS for never giving up. Now on to the playoffs. Go Dogs.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Have to agree with you Buddy on the first down pass with about 4 minutes left in the game and South out of timeouts.I think some coaches watch too much college and pro football and try things they see on Saturday and Sunday. It was a good game and an exciting one that could have gone either way. The play of the game was in the first half when an Albemarle DB never gave up on a long run by South runner and caught him from behind at the one yard line. South had a penalty on their next play and never scored. I'm sorry I don't remember what his number was but the kid never quit. Bird played his heart out like he has all season. It's good to finish up the season with a win after all these kids have been through this season. Go Dogs.

I can tell you why he threw the ball with 4 minutes to go, because he has purposely tried to run this team in the ground from day 1, I wouldn't be surprised. He doesn't care and this is his final season. Go figure.

Thanks again to the NCC for allowing me to join you guys this year from time to time as a probationary member. Although no one joined my protest by wearing red... I appreciate your loyalty to your team. Good game tonight... and by the way... I wasn't doing the wave when SS scored. I was cheering. Good game tonight. I enjoyed the company.

You are always welcome nipit. We have all enjoyed your company this year and consider you one of us. It has been a tough year for us and the NCC. But always nice to end on a win. Any idea who us and SS will get in the playoffs?

Sleehrat, I had just told my wife that I enjoyed you sitting with us at the games no matter where your heart is you still coach up in the stands lol so you are always welcome to join the NCC

Reactions: Sleehrat84
Although a dismal season for my bulldogs there has been one shining light for me. I still look forward to fri nights and sitting with all the guys in the NCC. We have been to the mountaintops and now the valleys. Not many schools have experienced what we have watching hs football. But the best part is getting together with you guys on fri night. Many thanks to Carl, Jay, Chad, js2000, Terry, Nipit, Dogs9 for a great year. My life is in transition and all you guys have made it a little easier. Don't know how many years I have left to enjoy all of you and the bulldogs but thanks for the memories.

Last edited:
Although a dismal season for my bulldogs there has been one shining light for me. I still look forward to fri nights and sitting with all the guys in the NCC. We have been to the mountaintops and now the valleys. Not many schools have experienced what we have watching hs football. But the best part is getting together with you guys on fri night. Many thanks to Carl, Jay, Chad, js2000, Terry, Nipit, Dogs9 for a great year. My life is in transgression and all you guys have made it a little easier. Don't know how many years I have left to enjoy all of you and the bulldogs but thanks for the memories.
That's what it's all about. I love Friday nights, win or lose. But winning is better!

1.) community school of davidson vs 16 seed hayesville
2) robbinsville vs 15 seed bishop mcguiness
3.)thomas jefferson vs 14 seed alleghany
4.)keistrel heights vs (albemarle, south stanly or union academy)
5.) rosman or north stokes vs(alb. Ss. Or ua)
6.) rosman or north stokes vs (alb ss or ua)
7.) mtn island charter vs 10.) cherokee
8.)andrews vs 9.) winston salem prep

Albemarle will play either keistrel heights north stokes or rosman. My alleghany trojans would have played keistrel heights but yall had to beat south stanly. Heard one of south stanlys best players didnt play bc he refused to shake hands last week after there game, thats a hell of a reason to make a kid sit out.

Albemarle will play either keistrel heights north stokes or rosman. My alleghany trojans would have played keistrel heights but yall had to beat south stanly. Heard one of south stanlys best players didnt play bc he refused to shake hands last week after there game, thats a hell of a reason to make a kid sit out.

KW he played the second half at QB and the way you hate Albemarle it's only fitting that we take one last jab at you before we shut down lol

I don't believe Kestrel Heights would beat any of those three YVC teams.

Never even heard of Kestral Heights. According to ncpreps.com they're in Durham. What a hopelessly screwed up playoff system.

Would be surprised if AHS beat North Stokes and very surprised if they beat Rosman, who kept it close against Swain, Murphy, and R'ville this year. Still, great to end the regular season with a win last night.

Hope we get to see at least one more installment of Bulldog football in 2016. . . .

Things are starting to get juicy here. There is another meeting going on with the community. This time they have brought in lawyers and other people from out of state (not sure what purpose they serve) and the NAACP. I called it....packed house also.

Will update later once I get more info.

The BOE referred to the crowd as "You People; and the crowd all at once goes "You People???!!!"

You see the disconnect here! You see what's happening? The BOE is playing with a fire ant hill....I've already said it, this is at a tipping point! Read in between the lines..

But yes, there a strong possibility that the one board member that's fighting for us is in the building. He's been there the past 2 weeks.

I have said all along that this could get ugly before all is said and done and we may have seen the first salvo tonight.

Correction, the Wicked witch and her lame duck crew didn't have the guts to show their faces. Actually a county commissioner made the statement "You People"

Last edited:
So to keep this short: the NAACP lawyers will gather information and start to investigate. We're probably looking at legal action upon findings. The county representative blamed this on the voters for not voting to raise taxes...long story short, this is a f%+king mess. Another meeting will be held next Monday. The big meeting is December 1st.

Reactions: Buddy Rich
You know sway, it's really sad that it's coming down to this. People just can't seem to get along and try and solve problems. Seems like it's this way at all levels of government.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT