ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking News: Asheville High's Danny Wilkins announces retirement

Embarrassing! Asheville deserves better than a coach who has never had a head coaching job before! Congratulations to the rest of the mac conference, Asheville just took a huge step back! People think our fan support is bad now just wait!

At least give the man a chance. I don't think Asheville will be taking a step back at all. Coach Metcalf is taking over the offense, we will be fine.

That's terrible hire man period! Metcalf or Buchanan would have been a better choice! Been better to keep coach Wilkins. I was one of those fans who wanted a change now I guess we are getting what we deserve.

They Shouldnt have wasted everybody's time and made this choice 15 minutes after coach Wilkins said he was retiring. Did anybody really think it was gonna be anybody else?

In 1980 a young man with no HC experience or may be one year as an assistant put in for the HC job at his alma mater. Program was in turmoil. Probably the smallest 3A school in the state. The team had went 0-20, 4-6, and may be another 4-6, and then 0-10 with three different HC's. The school decided to hire the very successful current hoops coach. Great coach had never played football but was a long time assistant at a successful 2A school and on the programs at Albemarle. The new coach had three sub 500% season including 2-8 in 2A his last season. Much improved but realized it was time to go back to solely hoops. They went with the hoops coach because he had success in basketball, was great with kids, and was a discplinarian. The did not go with their former injury prone QB and all around very good athlete who had been a starter at Duke as a DB. The guy that did not get the job, Tom Knotts.

Reactions: GATA 88
Embarrassing! Asheville deserves better than a coach who has never had a head coaching job before! Congratulations to the rest of the mac conference, Asheville just took a huge step back! People think our fan support is bad now just wait!
You are crazy!!!! you can leave now. When AHS keeps rolling don't come on here running your mouth with support. Everybody knows if David got the job metcalf will take over as OCord and run the O. This guy been on the staff threw all the good and bad. I support this hire 1000% metcalf will have us in a spread type O. Where you don't just have to stop the run. I truly believe we will be better this decade with David than the last with Wilkins.

Reactions: COUGAR-90
I honestly don't understand why anyone who claims to be a Cougar fan would hate this decision. We have one of the best offensive coordinators in the state combined with possibly the smartest defensive strategist around who will now be our head coach. I can see where people would not like how the decision was dragged out over three months, but it's a win - win for us. We're going to have a totally new offense, run by a man who has been there for years and knows the kids.
I try not to curse, but man I'm excited as sh!t right now.

That metcalf offense is gonna be awesome to watch. He really will get the ball to shivers in space and Brewer a lot more involved

I'm jacked the F*** up. With the athletes we have year in and out, we was winning when teams knew we was going to run 98% of the time.

Reactions: COUGAR-90
I'm jacked the F*** up. With the athletes we have year in and out, we was winning when teams knew we was going to run 98% of the time.
If you watch the highlights of us VS weddington this year all of our good plays were in 3-4 wide sets with us spreading the ball around and throwing it. I am all for running the ball and being a smash mouth football team from time to time, but if we can start using the entire field offensively we will be much more unpredictable for a defense.

Reactions: CougarsOfAHS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT