Mt. Tabor 12-0
JH Rose 9-0
Freedom 11-0

4A
NONE

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Freedom 11-0 vs Hickory 10-0 Friday night
I talked to Coach Poplin and the JV's play first starting at 4 PM so the Boys Varsity game is scheduled for 8 PM
I'll be in attendance!

Westover beat Terry Sanford tonight 66 to 62 to improve to 13-0. Terry Sanford made a good run in the second half and had the ball down 2 points in the last 15 seconds. But Westover held on for the win.

Reactions: Hon Dines
Morehead still undefeated at 11-0 going into big rivalry game vs. Reidsville tonight (Jan. 8).

Morehead suffers first loss as Reidsville wins 65-55 on the road in Eden. Morehead led by 13 at the half but the Rams pulled away from a 50-50 tie in the closing minutes.

Reidsville now 7-2 with only losses to 4-A Charlotte Harding (now 10-5) and 3-A Greensboro Smith (12-2).

Rams playing catch-up after a late start due to football with majority of team made up of guys who also played football.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ramkiller2016
#1 Washington County (10-0) will host #4 Edenton Holmes (12-0) this Friday in Plymouth. WC won both contests last year against the Aces by 4 points in each game.

The game sold out yesterday within a matter of 3 hours (pre-sale)! As last year, this will be one of the most anticipated games (until they meet again in Feb).

Two matchups I would want to see outside of 1-A:

- Forest Hills vs. South Granville (2-A)
- Westover vs. Smith (3-A)

Forest Hills made a big-time hire in it's new football coach this week. Now I hope they can continue the momentum in basketball. Don't know much about South Granville but it looks like it would be a great game. They appear to be similar in size. Forest Hills lost its big 6'7" center to transfer but another 6'5" kid transferred in so there hasn't been any drop off like I thought there might be.

Last edited:
Mountain Heritage is now 13 and 0 . Heritage is averaging 82 points per game..
53% from the floor..
41 rebounds per game.
40% from 3pt land.
Free throw line is not good 57%.

Forest Hills made a big-time hire in it's new football coach this week. Now I hope they can continue the momentum in basketball. Don't know much about South Granville but it looks like it would be a great game. They appear to be similar in size. Forest Hills lost its big 6'7" center to transfer but another 6'5" kid transferred in so there hasn't been any drop off like I thought there might be.

Lot of good teams in 2a.

Not sure what the fewest points ever scored by a team in NC high school basketball is but Central Academy was held to just 13 by Forest Hills. CATA is (1-15) on the season.

Forest Hills 54
CATA 13
Final Score

Forest Hills improves to (16-0) and will next play rival Monroe on Saturday.

Last edited:
Not sure what the fewest points ever scored by a team in NC high school basketball is but Central Academy was held to just 13 by Forest Hills. CATA is (1-15) on the season.

Forest Hills 54
CATA 13
Final Score

Forest Hills improves to (16-0) and will next play rival Monroe on Saturday.

Strangely it’s the second time they’ve been held to 13 this season. Union Academy beat them 37-13 about a month ago in what I thought was a football score at first.

Washington County 80
Edenton Holmes 74

The atmosphere was so electric, in front of a sold out crowd, that the game was delayed 15-20 min because someone from Edenton knocked over their own water cooler onto the floor.

Both teams came out playing hard, but the Panthers kept a comfortable lead after 2 quarters. Washington County lead by as many as 21 points in the 3rd with some hot shooting. The Aces fought their way back in the 4th, but Washington County sealed the deal with some key baskets in the end.

I have either one of these two in the Eastern Finals down the line. Going with the Panthers by biased opinion lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT