ADVERTISEMENT

2A Boys Basketball Teams To Watch

1way2play

Dec 4, 2005
Got bored for a few days and went thru the new conferences with Maxpreps and figured out how many players each team had coming back and how many points total each team had returning.

Here are the results. Let me know if you know of any other teams who should have made the list or if you know of any returnees and points I may not have in the total.

Last edited:
Hibriten dropped down to 2A.... Lost a few players but also bring back some... Be interested to see what they do in their new conference this year

This is a quality document, but it is probably flawed. Lexington lost top player (Marquise Jordan) as he is now at Central Davidson. It would be nice if all coaches would enter statistics in maxpreps, but some are delusional and think it actually helps teams with scouting at the high school level.

The ECC will be just as good in basketball as they are in football.
That list doesn't even include Spring Creek and Goldsboro.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride31
I have Hibriten returning 4 players and 20.7 ppg. Do you have other information than that?

With Lexington losing Jordan, that would drop them down to 30.7 ppg returning which would still keep them in the top 21 teams.

I have Spring Creek at 22-7 last year, but graduating 6 seniors from last years team and no stats. Do you have any ppg for me and do they have at least 5-6 quality returnees?

I have Goldsboro at 12-13 last year, but graduating 7 seniors from last years team and no stats. Do you have any ppg for me and do they have at least 5-6 quality returnees?

I have Pisgah at 15-8 last year, but graduating 6 seniors from last years team and no stats. Do you have any ppg for me and do they have at least 5-6 quality returnees?

I have Hibriten returning 4 players and 20.7 ppg. Do you have other information than that?

With Lexington losing Jordan, that would drop them down to 30.7 ppg returning which would still keep them in the top 21 teams.

I have Spring Creek at 22-7 last year, but graduating 6 seniors from last years team and no stats. Do you have any ppg for me and do they have at least 5-6 quality returnees?

I have Goldsboro at 12-13 last year, but graduating 7 seniors from last years team and no stats. Do you have any ppg for me and do they have at least 5-6 quality returnees?

I have Pisgah at 15-8 last year, but graduating 6 seniors from last years team and no stats. Do you have any ppg for me and do they have at least 5-6 quality returnees?

I don't have stats we won the 3-A side of conference and return 4 starters that's all I know for certain.

No idea about stats, but I can tell you they have 4 starters back and 7 of the top 8 scorers.

I really hate that I have to say this but.... Mt. Heritage could be a surprise team that could make some noise. I do believe they will be better next season but they return a solid nucleus with many of the returning guys sophomores. A deep run, which is likely in football, will keep a few players on the sideline for a while but they have a great group of young kids. They have good size and shooting along with several versatile players.

Ugh.... That hurts to say.

Go Mountaineers

Barring any disastrous injuries, Providence Grove and Wheatmore should have good seasons. Daylin Locklear and Gavin Rains are going to be fun to watch. Rains had an awesome summer. He's going to be tough to deal with in that conference.

Also, I'm not sure how far they can get, but keep an eye on Bertie. Watched them at the PHR jamboree this past weekend. Their pretty athletic and have a good-sized big man.

Reidsville will be much improved this year and will be a force in basketball the next four years don’t be surprised if they make a deep run in the playoffs

Not sure about Kinston now. Derricko Williams is now at York Prep. That's a huge loss for them (no pun intended).

Reidsville will be much improved this year and will be a force in basketball the next four years don’t be surprised if they make a deep run in the playoffs

If there were a two-on-two tournament amongst coaches, I'd put Reidsville's head coach and assistant coach up against anyone in the state.

The only way Clinton can win a state championship is if D1 prospect Austin Fussel dominates on and off the court

The only way Clinton can win a state championship is if D1 prospect Austin Fussel dominates on and off the court

???? WTH are you talking about????....Main guys for Clinton Kris Williams,Dewan Lesane,Xavier Howard,Zion Autry.....Fussel D1 prospect?.....averaging 1.5 points per game yeah I dont think so buddy

The Reidsville Rams will have a 8 solid seniors, 1 junior and a freshman that may start at the pg in their rotation...They will be a team to watch this season

My man Curtis Pass freshman son at Reidsville will be a huge problem for four years on the hoop court, diamond & gridiron!!!

Really? I hope so haven’t been a threat on court in a while. How tall is tallest player?

Headin' up to Reidsville in about an hour. They make their debut tonight against Graham. Graham has a pretty decent big man in TJ Nesmith. Should be fun.

For a debut, Reidsville didn't look bad at all. Their quickness and intensity really bothered Graham. Chance Townsend's athleticism was on full display last night. Breon Pass is going to have a very good career. I look forward to watching these Rams again.

Reactions: ramking2012
Reidsville has a huge challenge in their second game at a huge Greensboro Smith team tonight. Smith is 8-2 led by 6-6 senior Isaiah Bigelow, averaging about 24 a game.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Reidsville has a huge challenge in their second game at a huge Greensboro Smith team tonight. Smith is 8-2 led by 6-6 senior Isaiah Bigelow, averaging about 24 a game.

If Reidsville can turn it into a 94 foot game, I think they might have a chance. It'll be tough though.....

Clinton rebounded from a tough 65-58 loss to undefeated Northside-Jax last week with a 56-53 win over 4A Wake Forest in the first game of the Triton Holiday Tournament improving to 6-1...will play Corinth Holders tomorrow in the late game of the tourney

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT