ADVERTISEMENT

Bishop McGuinness FB job

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Bishop McGuinness is accepting resume's for Head Varsity Football Coach and Assistant Athletic Director and teaching a couple of weight training classes. This is a full-time position. If interested contact Athletic Director Jeff Stoller at jstoller@bmhs.us.

Coach Charlie Jones is stepping down at Bishop. Coach Jones was always very helpful to me and a classy guy.

Reactions: jbabs1144
if not mistaken he's the only HC they've had since starting football

That's a bummer I really liked Coach Jones. He was always nice and it was fun to go up against them every time we did. His 2009 and 2010 teams were two of the hardest I played against and our game in 2010 with them was one of my favorites I ever played in. He grew a lot as an HC and evolved from that wing to the spread. I hope whereveer he goes he does well at.

It's gonna be an intresting time ahead for Bishop. He was the only HC they've ever had; so whoever they hire will determine a lot of fates for the Villains. The new HC will have to compete to grow the program back out. Their games with Atkins coming up should be very intresting considering that Atkins beat them on JV last year.

Drew Hackett is the new Bishop coach, hired today from 4A Hough. Marlon White coming in from E. Guilford to run the defense also.

Pretty good snag for Bishop. We'll see if he can get the turnout up enough to churn out some higher quality teams.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
Good hire for Bishop; he's young but he has experience and wants to do some new things. That'll be a boost for them.

It'll be intresting to see how they fare these next few years. Their JV's struggled last year (Atkins beat them for their first win in a while,) but with new blood in it may make the school more appealing. The Northwest will be more competive with Walkertown out it will make 3-the cellar more noticable.

Good luck Bishop!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT