ADVERTISEMENT

Bishop@Hayesville

The silver spoon comment was from Robbinsville anyway, where thay have a "realty" show about shine.

The BM poster directed their comment towards Robbinsville, "silver moonshine flask from Robbinsville", so it's even funnier that Hayesville fans are getting so tore up.

Maybe some posters need to travel outside the mtn community a little. Bishop facilities are fairly new but by no means elaborate. Their football field only has bleachers on one side of the field. Gym is actually a little crowded in my opinion and the school sits on a very small parcel of property. WS prep facilities are prob worse than anything in the mtns. By the way I would like a little shine (for medicinal purposes of course ) and it is made in virtually every county in the state just happens to be famous in the mtns. I expect a good game tonight. Bishop is a little down this year imho became they lack a lot of heigth compared to their teams in the past but are still a solid ball team. They won't beat themselves.

The moonshine comment was indeed a response to Robbinsville poster. Regardless, I apologize as I don't usually lose my cool on here but overreacted to the silver spoon comment because I know that not that many families at McGuinness are wealthy silver spoon families, but either way, I apologize for my response.

Throw the spoons in the drawer and empty the shine jugs and let's get ready for a great game between two of the most historic women's basketball programs in the state. Whether from the mountains or the piedmont gotta love a good game GOOD LUCK to all. Should be fun to watch although I am pulling for the SMC.

This post was edited on 3/2 4:56 PM by Smctrain

Hayesville 64 - Bishop 41, pretty sure that's a final

This post was edited on 3/2 7:39 PM by mbdfan

Looks like it was BLOWOUT CITY............

Congratulations Hayesville.

Congrats to Bishop, it was a heck of a run. 9 straight years will not be repeated..

Safe travels back to Kernersville.

Just a tip from Surry County - put the moonshine in a spoon and burn it. If there is any metal residue left in the
spoon then don't drink it. Probably was cooked in a rusty container !! Yes the stuff we drink BURNS !

Originally posted by yellowjacket25:
I never said silver spoon or anything derogatory, but saying silver spoon is not near derogatory as calling moonshine drinking out of a flask type of people. There are plenty of us that are hard working middle class people but pretty much if you can afford bishop you are fed out of a silver spoon so to speak
That is complete and utter BS. You are completely CLUELESS on the demographics at Bishop. Bishop is not some fancy private school. Take a drive down to Charlotte and check out some of the facilities at Charlotte Latin, Charlotte Christian and Country Day.

Bishop's baseball stadium JUST had lights installed for their baseball stadium this past winter for the first time EVER.

This post was edited on 3/2 10:56 PM by BM16

Congratulations to Hayesville! Streak had to end sometime, and kind of cool that it would be Hayesville or Cherokee to break it. Good luck in the playoffs. Between Hayesville, WS Prep, Hiwasee Dam, Albemarle and a few others, there should be some great games coming up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT