ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest crowds at a HS football game

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
What would be the biggest crowd you seen at a HS football game. Here are my 2 I been to and the ones that I can remember.
1997 3rd of playoffs AL Brown at Concord. Probably 10,000 plus fans
2014 Mooresville at Lake Norman. Not sure how many but it was packed. That game I got there at 4:30 and ended up about the 15-20 yard line about 2 rows up from the bottom on the visitor side.

I gotta imagine the most fans at a game are the Charlotte powerhouse programs facing off at memorial stadium or the state championship games

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I'm pretty sure the Pisgah v Tuscola game will beat out any other games on attendance most every year. I know that Shelby v Pisgah in 2006 playoff game was way up there too! Never been in a better high school football environment in my life. The game did not dissapoint either. P v T will stand tall against many of Texas rivalry games....not all but considering both schools have enrollment at or around 1k each.... Really pretty special imho

I seen that the National record with most fans was between Allen high-Pearland High. Class 5A State Championship game. Att. 54,347. Dec. 21, 2013. Played at the AAT&T stadium in Texas.
I would like to know much money was made In that game.

If Grimsley and Page are both having good years, ten to twelve thousand is about the norm at Grimsley's Jamieson Stadium. In the early nineties, Greensboro Smith and Dudley played a game or two at A & T's stadium , with one contest drawing almost nineteen thousand.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I know the Tuscola/ Pisgah has an awesome 50/50. I was planning on coming up this fall to watch them play. But with the change will have to wait until next year.

My guess is if the attendance at the game in Texas was 54,347, the 50/50 split would have been much more than the $21,000 payout at the Tuscola/ Pisgah game.

The largest crowd I have seen is the PIsgah/Tuscola game I went to at Pisgah a few year ago. Great atmosphere. The other one that comes to mind for me was in 1983 at ACR. ACR was playing West Henderson in the first round of the playoffs. Both of us were undefeated and ranked high ( ACR was #2 at that time). West had a lineman that was going to Clemson I think and ACR had multiple guys going to D1 schools on that team. I got to the stadium at 5pm to dress and get out on the field early. The stadium was half full and they had put bleachers all around the track. It was blowing snow and very cold. I heard estimates of 12k fans were at that game. It was standing room only. It was fun to play in and ACR won the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT