ADVERTISEMENT

Big South Conference Week 1

rockstrong

Oct 15, 2010
Figure only the SP, Crest, and maybe KM fanbases will be open for discussion but here's your conference openers for the Big South.

Cramer @ South Point
Crest @ Ashbrook
Forestview @ North Gaston
Kings Mountain @ Huss

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Could be a few interesting games. Battle of Belmont with Cramer and SP, Crest vs the refs and Ashbrook.

Figure only the SP, Crest, and maybe KM fanbases will be open for discussion but here's your conference openers for the Big South.

Cramer @ South Point
Crest @ Ashbrook
Kings Mountain @ Huss
KM @ HUSS two VERY YOUNG teams to me this game is very UNPREDICTABLE.

Would love to see sc finally get them 1 against sp. I think Crest will end up pulling away but will a hard fought game. Fv should beat NOGA. Im interested to see how 3 weeks off has helped Huss. Km still looks strong up front but I question their secondary.

They will one year I’m sure. It just won’t be THIS year! Another year for the RED 🦴
That’s the Big South out there! Raider!

Personally….I can’t wait to see how this conference turns out!….seems like yesterday…it would’ve been murderers row!….sump’em about the red bone coming to town….will definitely stirs things up!

We’ll get to see it….hopefully!

Maiden for you to see it, your gonna have to come down the hill. South Point doesn’t have anything scheduled up your way. If your coming to Belmont for a game let me know, I’ll buy you a hotdog and a Sundrop. You can even sit up by the press box with the rednecks!

Maiden for you to see it, your gonna have to come down the hill. South Point doesn’t have anything scheduled up your way. If your coming to Belmont for a game let me know, I’ll buy you a hotdog and a Sundrop. You can even sit up by the press box with the rednecks!
I’ve been there a couple times….feels like home to me! Hoping an opportunity happens….u never know!…especially now!

Cramer @ South Point
Crest @ Ashbrook
Kings Mountain @ Huss
Crest opened with NOGA last week due to a Covid related schedule change

Reactions: rockstrong
I've heard Huss is young (and not very good).
Only 1 senior starter on O, 3 juniors the rest are freshman and sophomore.
4 seniors on D, 1 junior and the rest sophomore and freshman. Only played hickory ridge who after there game with Chambers last week is looking even better. That's a big stage to play on as your first hs game.

Whoa! If the rednecks sit by the press box, who are the riff raff that sit on the visitor side mouthing and taunting visiting fans? Lint heads?

Lint heads, riff raft or what ever else you want to call em.
I don’t know anything about such goings on. If what you say is true, I’ll personally try to hold em down while you knock the crap out of em, or just call the Cops working security on em. You don’t have to put up with that kinda BS.

Like a lot of teams, I don't believe SP has played to their full potential. Lots of mistakes and needs some tuning on the option. Better reads by the QB will make a ton of difference.

South Point by 28
Crest by 28
Forestview by 21
KM by 21

Hard to guess for me on Ashbrook and Huss. They both have played 1 game. Anybody know anything about Freedom? Forestview defense looks legit, what about their offense?

Saw on a post a few weeks ago SP was dealing with injuries...everybody good and healthy over there on the peninsual?

Hard to guess for me on Ashbrook and Huss. They both have played 1 game. Anybody know anything about Freedom? Forestview defense looks legit, what about their offense?

Saw on a post a few weeks ago SP was dealing with injuries...everybody good and healthy over there on the peninsual?
We had a couple starters go down against hickory ridge, but I think they're good to go now. The bye week last week helped out a lot!

Sp by 35
Crest by 35 ( I watched ashbrook last week, it was hard to watch)
Fv by 24
Km by 28
Did u stay til the end at Ashbrook? I heard the last 2 minutes was quite a show! West Lincoln will wear you down with those deliberate!…..time consuming drives! 1st down! 1st down! 1st down!….it is painful to watch!
That was Ashbrooks’ first game…right? West Lincolns’ third game….Imma give Ashbrook a little credit for hanging around and having a chance to tie it up at the end.

I’m betting the Green Wave will look a little better this week!
Btw…..How ‘bout them Ducks!😜

Did u stay til the end at Ashbrook? I heard the last 2 minutes was quite a show! West Lincoln will wear you down with those deliberate!…..time consuming drives! 1st down! 1st down! 1st down!….it is painful to watch!
That was Ashbrooks’ first game…right? West Lincolns’ third game….Imma give Ashbrook a little credit for hanging around and having a chance to tie it up at the end.

I’m betting the Green Wave will look a little better this week!
Btw…..How ‘bout them Ducks!😜
Yes I stayed until the end. Ashbrook looked bad on both sides of the ball, yes it was their 1st game but it was bad. Special teams was bad also. Ashbrook might beat North gaston, but I doubt it

Yes I stayed until the end. Ashbrook looked bad on both sides of the ball, yes it was their 1st game but it was bad. Special teams was bad also. Ashbrook might beat North gaston, but I doubt it
Whoa! That bad? That's turrrrible (Barkley immitation).

I watched it via YouTube and thought they looked like a small JUCO. Look to be huge on both lines and pretty good skill players.

Last edited:
Talk all the crap ya'll want too. But I'll NEVER forget Ashbrook 2002...that team shocked the world. Anything is possible
I wouldn't lie to you, unless yall just completely fall apart and have to get kids from the band to play this game won't be close.

Reactions: raider1959
I wouldn't lie to you, unless yall just completely fall apart and have to get kids from the band to play this game won't be close.
I think covid hurt them really bad. From my understanding quite a few players and coaches had it in those first three weeks. So they really hadn't had any practice time since the jamboree. You might be right this week but I look for them to get better through the remainder of the games.

I think covid hurt them really bad. From my understanding quite a few players and coaches had it in those first three weeks. So they really hadn't had any practice time since the jamboree. You might be right this week but I look for them to get better through the remainder of the games.
They could have played the first few weeks, they chose not to because they were missing a few starters. They didn't have as many with the covids as they're leading people to believe.

• Wow
They could have played the first few weeks, they chose not to because they were missing a few starters. They didn't have as many with the covids as they're leading people to believe.
No they had numerous kids and numerous coaches with covid not just a few starters.

Reactions: Crestuff
That Hickory Ridge team was actually good for the Raiders. Iron sharpens iron and HR has played a heck of a schedule this year. Destroyed Huss 68-13 and lost close to CC and last week lost to 4A #1 Chambers.

Cramer @ South Point
Crest @ Ashbrook
Kings Mountain @ Huss
Another ROAD WIN for THE VERY YOUNG MOUNTIES THIRD in a ROW, finally BACK HOME next WEEK NG coming to town.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT