ADVERTISEMENT

Big South 3A Conference Predictions

shutdownD24

Sep 6, 2014
The Big South will be highly competitive in the top half of the conference this season. It will be extremely difficult to run the table undefeated in the Big South this season. This era of the Big South has been dominated by the CC teams who have won the conference title every year but this could be the year that a champion emerges from Gaston County. I will revise my predictions again after scrimmages.
1. South Point- The raiders will be really good and this version of the redbone will be faster and more athletic on the perimeter.
2. Crest- This version of the Chargers will be led by a really good defense and a workhorse at running back. The perfect formula for playoff football.
3. Ashbrook- The Greenwave will be the most physically imposing and athletically talented team in the Big South. Many people around the program believe this is the best Brook team in years. Week 1 against Forest Hills will let us know if they are for real or some toy soldiers.
4. Kings Mountain- This version of the Mountaineers will be tall, athletic, and rangy on defense while being led by a strong o- line on offense. Returning two good kickers. Solid team in all three phases.
5. Hunter Huss- A very fast athletic group in the skill positions. QB extends plays and is hard to get on the ground. Defensive backfield is loaded. If the Huskies get some adequate linemen watch out. Huss will definitely pull at least one big upset against one of the top teams.
(6)North Gaston- There is excitement in the program but NG lost a lot of production from last season. NG have a couple of kids that will compete but just doesn’t have enough of those guys yet. A good coaching staff such as theirs will attract players in the upcoming years.
(7) Stuart Cramer- off-season transfer portal wasn’t kind to a struggling program with some pretty good young talent.
(8) Forestview- The Jaguars were a one man band that looks like that it may not have the one man back. It’s going to be a long year for the View.

No way Ashbrook finishes 3rd. They haven't had a winning record since 2013. So even if this is the best team they've had in years, that could still only equate to 6 wins. Even if you believe in the hype, they still finish at best in 4th at the very best. KM will be 3rd, but it wouldn't shock me if KM beats SP, SP beats Crest, and Crest beats KM for a 3-way tie for #1.

No way Ashbrook finishes 3rd. They haven't had a winning record since 2013. So even if this is the best team they've had in years, that could still only equate to 6 wins. Even if you believe in the hype, they still finish at best in 4th at the very best. KM will be 3rd, but it wouldn't shock me if KM beats SP, SP beats Crest, and Crest beats KM for a 3-way tie for #1.
My pre-season prediction and I will give another prior to season opener 😎. Ashbrook is extremely talented, there is no doubting that. The issue with Ashbrook has never been talent. This particular team has multiple college prospects on each side of the ball. Probably their most loaded Brook team in a while which is saying a lot. Talent doesn’t always equate to great teams but Ashbrook will probably fall into seven wins off this years off of talent alone.

Last edited:
My pre-season prediction and I will give another prior to season opener 😎. Ashbrook is extremely talented, there is no doubting that. The issue with Ashbrook has never been talent. This particular team has multiple college prospects on each side of the ball. Probably their most loaded Brook team in a while which is saying a lot. Talent doesn’t always equate to great teams but Ashbrook will probably fall into seven wins off this years off of talent alone.
Who's their quarterback?

Reactions: Crestuff
The Big South will be highly competitive in the top half of the conference this season. It will be extremely difficult to run the table undefeated in the Big South this season. This era of the Big South has been dominated by the CC teams who have won the conference title every year but this could be the year that a champion emerges from Gaston County. I will revise my predictions again after scrimmages.
1. South Point- The raiders will be really good and this version of the redbone will be faster and more athletic on the perimeter.
2. Crest- This version of the Chargers will be led by a really good defense and a workhorse at running back. The perfect formula for playoff football.
3. Ashbrook- The Greenwave will be the most physically imposing and athletically talented team in the Big South. Many people around the program believe this is the best Brook team in years. Week 1 against Forest Hills will let us know if they are for real or some toy soldiers.
4. Kings Mountain- This version of the Mountaineers will be tall, athletic, and rangy on defense while being led by a strong o- line on offense. Returning two good kickers. Solid team in all three phases.
5. Hunter Huss- A very fast athletic group in the skill positions. QB extends plays and is hard to get on the ground. Defensive backfield is loaded. If the Huskies get some adequate linemen watch out. Huss will definitely pull at least one big upset against one of the top teams.
(6)North Gaston- There is excitement in the program but NG lost a lot of production from last season. NG have a couple of kids that will compete but just doesn’t have enough of those guys yet. A good coaching staff such as theirs will attract players in the upcoming years.
(7) Stuart Cramer- off-season transfer portal wasn’t kind to a struggling program with some pretty good young talent.
(8) Forestview- The Jaguars were a one man band that looks like that it may not have the one man back. It’s going to be a long year for the View.
Revising my Big South predictions lol. My real Big South Conference standings prediction. I believe it’s a three team race for conference supremacy. Crest, KM, and SP will battle it out for the top spot. Top three can be any combination of the top three teams. It will not surprise me to see whoever finishes first with at least one conference lost. My gut tells me that KM/Crest game will decide at minimal a share of the Big South conference championship again in some way.

(1) Kings Mountain
(2) Crest
(3) South Point
(4) Hunter Huss
(5) Ashbrook
(6) Forestview
(7) North Gaston
(8) Stuart Cramer

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT