ADVERTISEMENT

Big South 2018

That does not fit the narrative, that he is trying to perpetuate. He knows the drill, trust me. KM is nothing more than never-has-beens. He just can't bring himself to admit it. It is okay for him to talk about the past, but how dare you or I talk about it. He's in for a rude awakening, real soon. I'll be back to rub salt in his cantankerous wounds. There is common knowledge to all fans around this State, and that is this. There really are just two programs with rich tradition in Cleveland County, one I will not type and the other needs no introduction. The other two rank like this

1. Farm-Team
2. Never done Squat.
I bet that THE MIGHTY CREST CHARGERS FANS have a picture of these championship rings on there night stand beside there bed, so they will have something to dream about at night, because I do not see anymore RINGS coming their way any time soon from the talk around the boiling springs area.

I bet that THE MIGHTY CREST CHARGERS FANS have a picture of these championship rings on there night stand beside there bed, so they will have something to dream about at night, because I do not see anymore RINGS coming their way any time soon from the talk around the boiling springs area.

I don’t see any RINGS coming KM’s way either anytime soon based on their ability to be the biggest choke artist in Cleveland County. Don’t worry though. We’ll let you come look at our RINGS so you can at least say you’ve seen one. And next time Crest visits NC STATE, Chapel Hill, or Wake Forest we’ll take a ton of pictures and “tag” all the KM fans on Facebook so you can see a state championship venue...a lots changed at those sites since 1998 not that’d you know.

That is interesting. Guess we will have to wait and see. :cool:

Burns is going to be much improved. There won't be much air in the ball in Lawndale as coach Devine is going to take advantage of a big line and strong back. Is it just me or have we heard the same preseason talk out of km....they have had the "best team ever" the last 5 or so years it seems.

Burns is going to be much improved. There won't be much air in the ball in Lawndale as coach Devine is going to take advantage of a big line and strong back. Is it just me or have we heard the same preseason talk out of km....they have had the "best team ever" the last 5 or so years it seems.

I am glad to hear we are going to be improved. But, are you saying we are not going to have any passing game? From the talk last year I was under the impression that this Sweezy kid that is going to be QB is supposed to be really good. On a side note, did we have anybody in the way of starter material jump ship on us and transfer after last year or are we in good shape in that area?

I am glad to hear we are going to be improved. But, are you saying we are not going to have any passing game? From the talk last year I was under the impression that this Sweezy kid that is going to be QB is supposed to be really good. On a side note, did we have anybody in the way of starter material jump ship on us and transfer after last year or are we in good shape in that area?
Yes jaharri mitchell number 12 transferred to Shelby . I have no clue as to why....quick and shifty and an offensive threat . I heard sweezy looked pretty good in 7 on 7s but right after that a reliable burns guy said we are 80 percent run this year so idk....we will find out in a few short weeks

On the eve of the start of the season I will say good luck to all of the Big South teams. Everyone is underfeated at the moment. It’s a long season and whoever comes out of the Big South will be a contender for a title. My updated predicted order of finish for the Big South:
1. KM -most well rounded team
2. Crest- can easily finish at the top and will be better than last season
3. HH- most top end talent of anyone but o-line will prevent them from winning Big South
4. Toss up between Stuart Cramer and Ashbrook. Lean Cramer
5. Ashbrook always has talent could surprise
6. Burns- will be improved but top of conference is absolutely loaded
7. North Gaston- Isaiah McNeil is the real deal and probably one of the best athletes many do not know of. Has offers in two sports
8. Forestview- Have some young players but falling off the map fast.
(Conference is really strong overall and the bottom teams would finish in the top 3 or 4 in many other 3A conferences. Conference is loaded with playmakers on both sides of the ball. The 3rd or 4th place teams are going to give someone fits in the playoffs. There will be no cakewalks this year. KM and Crest will play for all the marbles at the end of the season. Really would love to see South Point and Shelby join this group in the future. Strap’em up and let’s get ready to roll!

Yes jaharri mitchell number 12 transferred to Shelby . I have no clue as to why....quick and shifty and an offensive threat . I heard sweezy looked pretty good in 7 on 7s but right after that a reliable burns guy said we are 80 percent run this year so idk....we will find out in a few short weeks

I also think K Jeffries a rising junior is a Crest and has been at Crest since around Christmas.

Crest91 I want to buy you a Hot Dog and see your face when we play your chargers. I might even buy you a RC to wash it down .

Crest91 I want to buy you a Hot Dog and see your face when we play your chargers. I might even buy you a RC to wash it down .

While I appreciate the offer, I ain’t worth meeting, just a young man who loves high school football and getting on here and being a troll and talking trash, more than any sport including the NFL, which I think is a joke. I’ve met a few guys on here before, and it was fun. I just don’t have the time like I used to.

While I appreciate the offer, I ain’t worth meeting, just a young man who loves high school football and getting on here and being a troll and talking trash, more than any sport including the NFL, which I think is a joke. I’ve met a few guys on here before, and it was fun. I just don’t have the time like I used to.
Gotcha I wouldn't want to meet me after this A$$ Whopping.

I like the fact that my Chargers are counted out before the game begins. Eddins has a season under his belt and has saw what the schedule has to offer. Things should be much smoother this season!!

I like the fact that my Chargers are counted out before the game begins. Eddins has a season under his belt and has saw what the schedule has to offer. Things should be much smoother this season!!
What kind of numbers did the Ranch have to come out?

Reactions: Crestuff
Approx 100+. Had over 85 make 100% attendance this summer. Kids are way more dedicated than in my day.

How do you win a TITLE finishing in THIRD or FOURTH place.

In their minds, they are preseason champs every year. Then 3 games in, they're calling for the coach's head. 8 games in, they are "figuring it out and we better watch out for them come playoffs." Playoffs start, and they finally play a team that can stop the power run game with their front 7 and makes Crest throw the ball (which they can't). Then they call for the coach's head.......again.

I also have heard from some of my Crest friends that this years team has the tools to make a run at a title. Depends on how the chemistry of the team is, injuries and a little dumb luck.

I think Cleveland County needs to create a “Cleveland County Football Championship Belt”. Whatever team finish with the best record against their Cleveland County brethren during the season gets the championship belt for a year and of course the bragging rights that come with said belt. Tiebreakers can be decided by points. Heck maybe hire the Nature Boy himself to present it lol. I understand he is a huge high school football fan.

Last edited:
On the eve of the start of the season I will say good luck to all of the Big South teams. Everyone is underfeated at the moment. It’s a long season and whoever comes out of the Big South will be a contender for a title. My updated predicted order of finish for the Big South:
1. KM -most well rounded team
2. Crest- can easily finish at the top and will be better than last season
3. HH- most top end talent of anyone but o-line will prevent them from winning Big South
4. Toss up between Stuart Cramer and Ashbrook. Lean Cramer
5. Ashbrook always has talent could surprise
6. Burns- will be improved but top of conference is absolutely loaded
7. North Gaston- Isaiah McNeil is the real deal and probably one of the best athletes many do not know of. Has offers in two sports
8. Forestview- Have some young players but falling off the map fast.
(Conference is really strong overall and the bottom teams would finish in the top 3 or 4 in many other 3A conferences. Conference is loaded with playmakers on both sides of the ball. The 3rd or 4th place teams are going to give someone fits in the playoffs. There will be no cakewalks this year. KM and Crest will play for all the marbles at the end of the season. Really would love to see South Point and Shelby join this group in the future. Strap’em up and let’s get ready to roll!

Updated predictions
1. KM
2. Crest
3. HH
4. SC
5. Burns
6. FV
7. Ashbrook
8. NG
(4-8 will be a dog fight) Top 3 teams all can potentially win conference title

Move Ashbrook to SC spot

Agree. SC lost a lot to graduation. They’ll struggle this year. Plus Ashbrook, like Crest, was working a new offense with a new coaching staff, the Greenwave should be much improved from last year.

Agree. SC lost a lot to graduation. They’ll struggle this year. Plus Ashbrook, like Crest, was working a new offense with a new coaching staff, the Greenwave should be much improved from last year.
Ashbrook is the biggest mystery of all. I do not have as much intel on them as the others in the conference. I don’t see the same level of athletes going to the Brook as years past. HH and Mountain Island Charter seem to be gobbling up the best young players from Ashbrook feeder schools the last few years.

Ashbrook is the biggest mystery of all. I do not have as much intel on them as the others in the conference. I don’t see the same level of athletes going to the Brook as years past. HH and Mountain Island Charter seem to be gobbling up the best young players from Ashbrook feeder schools the last few years.

Won’t argue that fact. Ashbrook is just a fun team to watch. You might beat the brakes off of them one week....but the next the week, there’s not a team in the state that could stop them.

Rev......it's about time you showed up.

lol couldn't remember my password.
Ive heard mixed reviews about the Blue B's, time for those freshmen everyone hyped about a few years ago to produce a good bit and win those close games we lost last year. plus gotta keep kids at the school, that old song n dance.

Sounds like a lot of teams will be at Crest tonight so it will be interesting to see how the teams look.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT