ADVERTISEMENT

Big South 2018

RealJaguar01

Sep 14, 2003
Why not right? Will Kings Mountain have another run? What about the middle of the pack teams from last year? Can Cramer continue to improve or will they have a letdown year after last year? Can North Gaston come out of the bottom where they have been for close to a decade? What will your team need to improve on from last year?

Hope my Chargers can compete for a title this year. Skills positions and Defense should be the Chargers strength.

Pressure should be on Crest if they are returning as much as I’ve heard is coming back.

Ashbrook showed improvement with the new SP coaches.

No offense, I just don’t trust KM or Hunter Huss...yes both teams beat Crest but between Clark’s crap and hiring Eddins, the charger boys have been looking for an identity the last two seasons...and Huss and KM have yet to prove they can win the big games.

Stuart Cramer is slowly becoming a threat

I have no clue about Forestview but they can’t be worse than last year

And NOGA...well good luck

Reactions: seadog28
KM, Crest, Huss in that order
Cramer will take a step back Ashbrook should be 4th
FV played some young kids so we will see
Burns should battle Cramer and FV for 5th
NG has talent in spots but just not enough
The talent gap between the top three teams and the rest is significant except for maybe Ashbrook. The end of June should clear up projections some.

I like our qb but he has no time to throw the ball, we need to be able to hold the ball longer to help our D rest. Also a completey different group and stop this line going both ways would be nice

KM, Crest, Huss in that order
Cramer will take a step back Ashbrook should be 4th
FV played some young kids so we will see
Burns should battle Cramer and FV for 5th
NG has talent in spots but just not enough
The talent gap between the top three teams and the rest is significant except for maybe Ashbrook. The end of June should clear up projections some.
Agree with you on the order of the top 3. With that being said, it will be interesting to see how that plays out. Should KM be the favorite? Yes, I believe so. I feel like offensively they have a special group of skill players.

Can Crest win the league? Well, this is the year they have been pointing to for a while. Two years ago all you heard was how "young" they were. Defense will be there strength. Word is that Coach Eddins is the OL whisperer so are they underachieving if they don't win it?

I believe across the board, Huss is as athletic as anyone in the league. It will be interesting to see what that staff can do with that talent. I believe that sophomore RB could be special and the QB has all the talent in the word.

I believe that SC and Ashbrook battle for that 4th spot.

Shutdown, what specifically about the end of June are you looking to see?

Agree with you on the order of the top 3. With that being said, it will be interesting to see how that plays out. Should KM be the favorite? Yes, I believe so. I feel like offensively they have a special group of skill players.

Can Crest win the league? Well, this is the year they have been pointing to for a while. Two years ago all you heard was how "young" they were. Defense will be there strength. Word is that Coach Eddins is the OL whisperer so are they underachieving if they don't win it?

I believe across the board, Huss is as athletic as anyone in the league. It will be interesting to see what that staff can do with that talent. I believe that sophomore RB could be special and the QB has all the talent in the word.

I believe that SC and Ashbrook battle for that 4th spot.

Shutdown, what specifically about the end of June are you looking to see?
Transfers, spring ball, and camps. Also KM will be special this year AND next year.

Someone finally gave me something to read...appreciate it RealJag

Loaded-
KM, Crest, and Huss (Line play on all these will determine if they can stay at the top)
Middle of the Pack-
Forestview- That QB is a gunslinger and the defense is better then they are given credit for. The JV team looked large and athletic too.
Ashbrook- How will they deal with the loss of Brooks? Is there another horse in the stable?
Burns- Similar to Forestview. Their JV's were solid and impressive. Playing a couple younger guys on varsity can only help them in the future.
Cramer- How much are they losing? Still hard to say anything about this team, but they've showed they can play.
NOGA- I don't discount them, that QB/FS is a stud and will be back to lead that team. Most electric player in the conference.

NOT BIG SOUTH
SP- What do they lose?

Hunter Huss to me is the biggest head scratcher of all these schools and I absolutely refuse to put them in any order in the conference. How in the world can a team go in 2016 being Shelby’s toughest game and then in 2017 return 18 or 20 starters and suck as bad as they did...blame coaches, blame players, I don’t care! That doesn’t make sense. That kinda stuff doesn’t happen. So unless Huss has some secret weapon I got them at best 4th place this year.

Reactions: Crestuff
Crest has some kids coming back from major injuries... has anyone heard anything on there progress

Hey Crest is the kid that got hurt in the Forestview game doing well? That was nasty.

Hey Crest is the kid that got hurt in the Forestview game doing well? That was nasty.

Doing really well and is starting to get some comparisons to some past Crest greats. Big Chris has a chance to be a very special player. One heck of a team mate too.

Does anyone no if the Chargers have filled holes within the coaching staff

Heard the Forestview Defensive Coordinator accepted the position at Weddington. Any truth to that?

Heard the Forestview Defensive Coordinator accepted the position at Weddington. Any truth to that?
If so, thats quite a step down for Weddington. Cant say i have ever heard anyone speak highly about the FV defense.

If so, thats quite a step down for Weddington. Cant say i have ever heard anyone speak highly about the FV defense.

I don’t know if it’s true, but honestly no matter who Weddington hired outside of 1 or 2 guys would have been a step down from Tim Carson.

Transfers, spring ball, and camps. Also KM will be special this year AND next year.
Shutdown, So now that spring ball has passed, camp season is winding down, and most kids are where they are going to be at in the fall, what is your projection now?

I still have the same top three teams but if I have to go with a favorite it has to be KM. They are the most well-rounded team of the big 3. They are definitely a title contender in small 3a. I will go with the Huskies second. The Huskies are hurting in the offensive line but they are absolutely loaded with talent everywhere else. Anytime you have at least eight starters with D1 offers or commitments your ceiling will be really high. I have Crest 3rd currently. Crest has a ton of seniors and I expect them to be improved in the second year under their coach. The Chargers will have to ride their defense until the offense comes around. Crest’s offense will dictate how far they can go on the year. After these three I have Ashbrook, Cramer, Burns, NG, and FV. Every team in this conference has a player that you have to account for on the field at all times.

Reactions: Mountaineer1972
Doing really well and is starting to get some comparisons to some past Crest greats. Big Chris has a chance to be a very special player. One heck of a team mate too.

Chris was an absolute game changer in the youth leagues, and before its over itll be the same at the high school level.. Kid is a special talent....As quick off the line as anyone I've seen in a long time on D...Glad to hear he is healing nicely and getting back at it

Reactions: BellyNole
You think I care about that chump![/QUOTE)

I’m with you, mrbud. Being a “Mighty Red Raider” and nut dragging Cleveland County since the birth of the game, anything crestrulz says was uttered from a supine position.

Reactions: mrbud
Gotta say, when Kings Mountain is favored to win the conference again you know the big south is weak. I really hope Kings Mountain becomes a power house along side Shelby and the power ponies. The power ponies just need to find an identity and Shelby doesn’t need to change a thing. Kings Mountain has to learn to stand up against the big boys. That JM Robinson game was a real head scratcher. The power ponies hold Robinson 24-21 after KM dropped 38 on the ponies at the ponies house. Then the Mountaineers turn around and get into a shoot out with Robinson a week later. Disgusting.

Reactions: Crestuff
Gotta say, when Kings Mountain is favored to win the conference again you know the big south is weak. I really hope Kings Mountain becomes a power house along side Shelby and the power ponies. The power ponies just need to find an identity and Shelby doesn’t need to change a thing. Kings Mountain has to learn to stand up against the big boys. That JM Robinson game was a real head scratcher. The power ponies hold Robinson 24-21 after KM dropped 38 on the ponies at the ponies house. Then the Mountaineers turn around and get into a shoot out with Robinson a week later. Disgusting.
Defense has been the Achilles heel for the Mounties far too often when it counted.

Defense has been the Achilles heel for the Mounties far too often when it counted.

In particular 3rd down defense in big games. They get caught playing cover zero press with no safety over the top too many times. This is a no-no for a team that blitz as much as KM does. Their defense should be really good this year however. Hopefully they can mix those coverages up better on 3rd and long. On a side note, I think the Red Raiders of South Point do a fantastic job of mixing and disguising their pass coverages. They are very sound at covering the zone where they bring their blitz from which slot of high school teams struggle with.

Last edited:
You think I care about that chump!
Whether you care or not makes no difference. Your comment was simply moronic. Until Kings Mountain actually does anything, your comment will remain moronic CHUMP! Up until now, they’ve done nothing in the whole history of time, to earn your ignorant comment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT