ADVERTISEMENT

Big news coming (Palmieri leaving Mallard Creek for GA high school)

Already hit over a 100 applicants across the US, Interviews start next week.
Well Nepsy7... Who would you like to have as the new HC? Someone already affiliated with the creek or a big name hire from outside? With over 100 applicants I imagine this may take a while. Does the creek program start slipping with Palmieri gone?

Well Nepsy7... Who would you like to have as the new HC? Someone already affiliated with the creek or a big name hire from outside? With over 100 applicants I imagine this may take a while. Does the creek program start slipping with Palmieri gone?

A High School version of Wil Healy @ UNCC. Would be the bomb. Coach P left the program with the best JV team in school history. Get the right coach with all the new real-estate in the area, and strong feeder school. The Creek will be strong for another 10 years. Wrong Coach, and they could drop off like Indy.

Last edited:
A High School version of Wil Healy @ UNCC. Would be the bomb. Coach P left the program with the best JV team in school history. Get the right coach with all the new real-estate in the area, and strong feeder school. The Creek will be strong for another 10 years. Wrong Coach, and they could drop off like Indy.
Jus come over WT Harris, we will take them!!! Lol

Last edited:
Anyone from:
1. Booker T. Washington Senior High School
2. Cocoa High School
3. Lakeland High School
4. Miami Central
5. Chaminade-Madonna High School

What would entice a coach to leave a FL powerhouse to come to NC?

I somewhat have the same question. I don't think Charlotte compares at all to a FL job. GA, FL, and TX are the cream of the crop.

NC and Florida have similarities in pay, outside of better weather in Florida. Georgia & Texas would be a big difference in pay.

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
Palmieri is taking JV Head Coach Alex Nelson with him to Georgia. This season Mallard Creek arguably had the best JV team in program history.

Palmieri is taking JV Head Coach Alex Nelson with him to Georgia. This season Mallard Creek arguably had the best JV team in program history.
So between JV and Varsity there are two total positions thus far to be filled or more?

How can a High School coach "take" a coach with him. I know it happens in college but in High School ?
Maybe if there are equal slots open on the receiving end - In a perfect world.

This might be the case...If this "taking a coach" thing is even true.

Pretty simple. He hired him at the new school.
A coach Does Not hire another coach.

The principal of the school holds the responsibility to oversee and interview candidates for the job within their high school facility. In addition, the principal also makes recommendations to his upper echelon - in this case the request is then passed on to the superintendent of the local school board who holds the authority as the final decision maker.

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
A coach Does Not hire another coach.

The principal of the school holds the responsibility to oversee and interview candidates for the job within their high school facility. In addition, the principal also makes recommendations to his upper echelon - in this case the request is then passed on to the superintendent of the local school board who holds the authority as the final decision maker.

LMAO....if you dont think guys like Knotts, Brand, Palmieri took these gigs without the autonomy to make asst coaching hires then your a bigger moron than I thought and believe me, that bar is pretty high. Mike has offered several area coaches spots on his team.

Stick to posting videos of Zamir.

How can a High School coach "take" a coach with him. I know it happens in college but in High School ?
Happens quite often. Or he recruits assistants that he respects from other schools. In some cases, if there is no teaching opening at the high school, the assistant may teach at a middle school. But it’s pretty common.

Hate that Charlotte continues to lose the best coaches to these states. I can see Knotts leaving as a no brainer since he already had NC retirement. Im a bit suprised with Brand and Palimeri leaving since they didnt to the best of my knowledge have 30 years. But each must make the best decisions for their families. I support them all in their decisions to leave but its still kind of a kick in the nuts to NC. It definitely now appears that Charlotte has become bigtime and the coaches that succeed in Charlotte are ever growing in being recruited by these neighboring states.

LMAO....if you dont think guys like Knotts, Brand, Palmieri took these gigs without the autonomy to make asst coaching hires then your a bigger moron than I thought and believe me, that bar is pretty high. Mike has offered several area coaches spots on his team.

So lets see. Do they hire on their own terms or do they respectably make the request through the approval of the principal?

Oh so, yeah....
- Maybe Coach Palmieri should grant Michael Cohen from additional jail time.
- Maybe he should go to Hollywood and tell Steven Spielberg he's fired.
- Maybe he should "tell" Warren Buffett to surrender his checking account.
- Maybe Coach Palmieri could become the owner of the Astros through verbal agreement.
- Maybe he should order Michael Jackson to come back from his grave.

All this without any manner of request or respect....

This is starting to sound like a Nike commercial

So lets see. Do they hire on their own terms or do they respectably make the request through the approval of the principal?

Oh so, yeah....
- Maybe Coach Palmieri should grant Michael Cohen from additional jail time.
- Maybe he should go to Hollywood and tell Steven Spielberg he's fired.
- Maybe he should "tell" Warren Buffett to surrender his checking account.
- Maybe Coach Palmieri could become the owner of the Astros through verbal agreement.
- Maybe he should order Michael Jackson to come back from his grave.

All this without any manner of request or respect....

This is starting to sound like a Nike commercial
Just when things are quiet and peaceful, out of nowhere you show up, and go full blown Moron....SMH!

Just when things are quiet and peaceful, out of nowhere you show up, and go full blown Moron....SMH!
Shake your head all you want, but dont get a concussion. The principal and the school board is included in this agreement in some way, form or fashion. Whether you know it, like it, or not.

In life this is called The Chain of Command or Hierarchy.

Almost like fast food, doesnt have any nutritional value or substance...jus filling a void that's bad for you anyways. Have u decided on what team to bandwagon this yr yet???

Almost like fast food, doesnt have any nutritional value or substance...jus filling a void that's bad for you anyways. Have u decided on what team to bandwagon this yr yet???
Almost....
As we can see, all three below graduated from the same high school and they didnt have to do homework. They just filled in their own grades at their discretion, requested their graduation at The Mecklenburg County Aquatic Center, and hired each other with no questions asked under the supervision of David Tepper.

Stooges.jpg

Shake your head all you want, but dont get a concussion. The principal and the school board is included in this agreement in some way, form or fashion. Whether you know it, like it, or not.

In life this is called The Chain of Command or Hierarchy.
Supply and demand. The best coaches negotiate their terms, including assistant coaches. Sure, the AD, principal, superintendent and school board have a say. But if they want a specific head coach, they’ll agree to the terms and find a way to make it work. Happens quite often.

Supply and demand. The best coaches negotiate their terms, including assistant coaches. Sure, the AD, principal, superintendent and school board have a say. But if they want a specific head coach, they’ll agree to the terms and find a way to make it work. Happens quite often.
So wait....
Let me get this straight. You're saying the AD, principal, superintendent and school board have a say in an agreement to the terms to make it work through their channels. Not the coaches decision alone. Correct?

So wait....
Let me get this straight. You're saying the AD, principal, superintendent and school board have a say in an agreement to the terms to make it work through their channels. Not the coaches decision alone. Correct?
Depends on how badly they want the coach.

So wait....

The HC in these communities is more powerful than any of the people mentioned above .

Reactions: ocdavis31
The HC in these communities is more powerful than any of the people mentioned above .
If the HC is so powerful he has no business in high school. He should be up in college competing at the next level with Nick Saban, Les Miles, and Ed Orgeron.

If the HC is so powerful he has no business in high school. He should be up in college competing at the next level with Nick Saban, Les Miles, and Ed Orgeron.
Fascinating insight but as usual inaccurate.
There's no accuracy or inaccuracy in the above statement. Life's all about choices. Everyone's destination is the same, only our paths are different. The things we all need in life is the plan, the road map, and our courage to pay the price in order to reach our destination.

He's the most uninformed Nut Job on any high school thread. You would be better off trying to explain the way things work to a drunk squirrel. He Trolls every thread!
You love to have full control dont you?
Proverbs 29:11 states: A fool always loses his temper, But a wise man holds it back.

There's no accuracy or inaccuracy in the above statement. Life's all about choices. Everyone's destination is the same, only our paths are different. The things we all need in life is the plan, the road map, and our courage to pay the price in order to reach our destination.

Said the guy who continues to get banned from a HS football message board.

Said the guy who continues to get banned from a HS football message board.
So again this is what I am saying about Proverbs 29:11 and that is that a wise man will at all times restrains his anger until he can give it proper vent. On the other hand stupid people quite often express their anger openly by repeating only one thing as stated above, yet sensible people are patient and hold it back. We like this because it means that righteous people overcome their anger.

So basically when you feel
that you have lost control of a thread or a source of thread control you begin showing strong temper and this quickly escalates into a piece of weakness in the moment, then you become very open in full throttled anger. It's almost an obsession.

It is almost as if you feel you have lost self-control of the thread, the conversation, or the topic alone and in your mind it must always be under your control and your control only. I have noticed that when you feel provoked, you will say anything that comes uppermost, whatever might take presidency, and whoever is reflected upon by it you will try your very best to say all that comes to mind, and yet you never think you have said enough, whether choice or refuse, corn or chaff, pertinent or impertinent, you want it all in full but yet total thread control.

This is total weakness on your part according to Proverbs 29:11

great post

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT