ADVERTISEMENT

Big game???????? Or not????

Guesswhoiam

Sep 20, 2022
Tuscola versus Pisgah showdown in two weeks what is everyone’s thoughts going into this year’s game!

Here is one of those games I have on my list. But want be able to go this year. Wonder what the 50/50 will end up being.

Reactions: beamer24
With Tuscola more than likely coming into this game undefeated and Pisgah most likely to be 2-5 and with the history of this game, you can throw all that in the waste basket and just hope to find a seat for this game. Because this game cannot be predicted no matter how good you are, it is one of the few games where records are inconsequential.

100% correct. It has happened way too many times to count. Tuscola has folded in the second half for too many years now from running out of steam, sitting on a lead, to lack of any coaching adjustments during the second half of the game. You have to show up for four quarters on every down in this game to win it. The pressure is on the Mountaineers to get it done. Until then, they need to keep their mouths shut and play ball like they are capable of doing in every other game throughout the year.

For the area its a big game. Tuscola has a good chance to end current losing streak against Pisgah.

This is one of those games where the better team does not always win. I remember several years that Tuscola had the obviously better team yet did not win. I remember some games Pisgah on paper was the better team and didnt win either. I wouldnt pick on this game or bet a nickel on the outcome. This year is no different.

Reactions: f-ball-ace
Is it a big game?! Duh, its the biggest game. 12k+ people don't show up for any other high school game in NC. Not even for state championships. No other game comes close to this one. There is no close second place.

Word on the street is that this game has been moved to Bethel Middle School. Why the change from using Tuscola's field? What shenanigans have taken place? (because we all know some had to happen to change the venue just weeks ahead of the big game)

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
I've heard some rumors it may be played at Bethel middle rather than the original plan to have it at Tuscola, if that's true its seriously ridiculous. Has anyone else heard this information.

Humor me on this asinine decision… the biggest money draw game all year for pisgah and your gonna reduce your attendance by 8-10 thousand ? Lose 50-50 money ? Concessions? If this game is worthy of being played at bethel then why not all pisgah home games? It says the kids wanted to play there well I’m sure they wanted to play every game there but didn’t get to. This reeks of desperation from the top down ! Come on bear homers spin it how you will everyone knows the truth!

From Tuscola Booster Club President:

Pisgah High School ( as the home team) has decided to move the Tuscola/Pisgah game to Bethel Middle School.

Prior to the start of the school year, both Pisgah and Tuscola administration agreed that the game was to be played at CE Weatherby and all revenue occurred from game would go to Pisgah Athletics.

On September 14th- Tuscola Administration went to Pisgah high school and met with PHS Administrators and worked out logistics of the game. Pisgah would assume all responsibilities for the game including gate sales, concessions, and all other responsibilities that come with being the home team. Both schools were in agreement.

On September 29th Administration from Pisgah went to Tuscola and asked if Tuscola would be the home team this year and Pisgah could have the home field the next two years. Tuscola Administration declined, and wanted to keep the games on track as they have been for 100 years.
Tuscola offered to let Pisgah have all revenue from this year( as previously agreed upon)as well as split the gate money next year, even though it would be a Tuscola home game.

At this time the Big T ‘s focus is to support our athletes, coaches and administrators at Tuscola High School.

Katie A.
Big T President

• Wow
Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Wow, this is simply outrageous, Pisgah don't get their way so they will just punish everyone including both teams and both communities. I'm glad tuscola said no to their demands two weeks out, this is just spite from Pisgah and it's a negative for everyone but it shouldn't surprise anyone.

So Tuscola turned down an opportunity to have the game at home with an undefeated team, streak on the line and to make a lot of money in front of their home crowd. Typical tuscola

Reactions: pisgah101
Ive heard that rumor too. That facility wont hold the JV crowd, let alone the varsity game. If Pisgah wants to move the damn game why not move it out to WCU? Theyve played there many times before, why not use that facility that WILL hold all the crowd and parking etc. It would be fun atmosphere too,

Reactions: DMULL
Humor me on this asinine decision… the biggest money draw game all year for pisgah and your gonna reduce your attendance by 8-10 thousand ? Lose 50-50 money ? Concessions? If this game is worthy of being played at bethel then why not all pisgah home games? It says the kids wanted to play there well I’m sure they wanted to play every game there but didn’t get to. This reeks of desperation from the top down ! Come on bear homers spin it how you will everyone knows the truth!
Other considerations nueman: Yall better pee at home before you leave or be prepared to pee in the river as there are but 3 stalls in that stadium. Just one of many considerations that have not been considered. The scoreboard doesnt even have down and distance and no play clocks. This is absolutely wrong! Id rather the game be cancelled altogether than make a decision like this.

Nothing to see here, another total inept situation from our Canton Central Office. That whole Central Office for Haywood County Schools needs to be fired and replaced with people not from Haywood County. Much like our government, too much power and no leadership. Nolte and the new Nolte Lite both are terrible. Real leadership would have never allowed this to get to this point. Incompetence.

Reactions: BlueVols and 91ths
WCU has a band tournament that weekend
On SATURDAY. Not Friday night and I am sure WCU would do their very best to help us as they always have, if the clean up can be done. PHS has way more than enough volunteers to get that job done. Its what they are famous for. Lets ask them at least for God;s sake!

So Tuscola turned down an opportunity to have the game at home with an undefeated team, streak on the line and to make a lot of money in front of their home crowd. Typical tuscola
Y'all were getting this year's gate, and tuscola offered half of next years, I wouldn't give up home filed either, that was a good deal for Pisgah considering the circumstances, especially now that they will make nothing from gate and concessions, compared to what they would have with it being at Tuscola.

On SATURDAY. Not Friday night and I am sure WCU would do their very best to help us as they always have, if the clean up can be done. PHS has way more than enough volunteers to get that job done. Its what they are famous for. Lets ask them at least for God;s sake!
From what I seen they have no home athletic events that Friday or Saturday but I'm not sure about the band thing but that would be a great option.

Y'all were getting this year's gate, and tuscola offered half of next years, I wouldn't give up home filed either, that was a good deal for Pisgah considering the circumstances, especially now that they will make nothing from gate and concessions, compared to what they would have with it being at Tuscola.
This is not Tuscola's fault. This really is just a bad situation that is seeming to get worse due to a bad decision. (and slow ass repair of Pisgah's field IMO) If WCU is unavailable, How about Asheville High? That will hold the crowd if they arent playing there that week. ANYWHERE with a decent set of stands will do.

Ive heard that rumor too. That facility wont hold the JV crowd, let alone the varsity game. If Pisgah wants to move the damn game why not move it out to WCU? Theyve played there many times before, why not use that facility that WILL hold all the crowd and parking etc. It would be fun atmosphere too,
Cry about it

Do you DAs not understand Pisgah spoke with WCU about having the game there at the beginning of the season. WCU said no, they didn't want to have to clean the stadium before the band competition. So drop that crap

Ya'll got everything last season and would get everything this year. So back to back at Pisgah is fair.

Ya'll got everything last season and would get everything this year. So back to back at Pisgah is fair.
Nope, home field is important and you know it, otherwise Pisgah wouldn't be blowing up the whole situation solely for that purpose right now.

Nope, home field is important and you know it, otherwise Pisgah wouldn't be blowing up the whole situation solely for that purpose right now.
Read your post. You made my original statement fact. Think about it long and hard. I'm not going to spell it out for ya.

No, let's just make the fans and parents suffer, can hold barely 2200 at Bethel, not to mention the facilities are not suitable for as many people as this game brings, and that field is atrocious. This will kill any money that would have been made, not to mention probably the lowest 50/50 since the 70s.

Total bad decision. If that’s what they choose then admission should be free. This is where the school board should grow a pair and intervene. This decision cheats the players and their families. Not to mention the fans . On both side.. If they wanted to have the game in a glorified cow pasture like bethel there are several around the county with better parking. And field surface. LOL

Oh. And I’m taking side bets on how many new screen names get created on here when this thread takes off. LMMFAO

Makes you wonder why is this the only game the bears wanted to play at bethel this year?

This decision reeks of the "take my ball and go home" mentality, saying that the players wanted this seems like a cop out for leadership (or lack there of) at PHS. AD and HC know how much the funding from this one game means to other sports and programs at PHS. Cutting of their nose to spite their face type stuff, but the HC wont care he will be looking at other jobs as soon the North Henderson game ends. But I'm sure in his mind this will give them an advantage that they so desperately need, worry more about the field than the game at hand, which will be all the more embarrassing when they get whooped by 20+.

This is a product of simply not keeping an agreement that was promised by tuscola before the season started.
#fact
Deal with it

Terrible idea period, all that does is hurt the kids and the other sports programs at Pisgah, it literally makes 0 sense, it doesn't really hurt Tuscola, because the gate was 100% to Pisgah, but now they will make less than a quarter of what they would have made on the gate alone, not including lost concessions, 50/50, etc.

Reactions: 91ths
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT