ADVERTISEMENT

Big Boy Football?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MC wants to run it. Byrnes wants to pass it. Playing in the expected rain of Friday would be an advantage to MC.

The only CMS teams to play Thursday were road teams so the host school decided what day to play. CMS does not play makeup games on Saturday per rule but with Byrnes traveling two hours they did not want to play on a school night which included Thursday which did not appear to be an option.

CMS did not move games back to Thursdsy due to personnel and security concern due to Panthers game. If previously scheduled CMPD and Show Pros Security can handle the overlap with other events but appear to be shorthanded when it is not previously scheduled.

Last edited:
So MC decides it can't play Byrnes in the rain tonight.
Even though other Charlotte area schools did play.
We all know what happened last year when MC played Byrnes in the rain.
Weak. And don't blame it on others.
Some area teams played last night as well under wet conditions, knowing that weather could equalize teams strengths for a closer game.
Some things are so obvious.

Obsession: a state in which someone thinks about someone or something constantly or frequently especially in a way that is not normal

No choice but a Saturday decision. In a driving rain on the Friday before Labor day that is now a 3 hour drive. So you have to make a decision early morning. Schools that played didnt make that call until later in day.

If you decide to play and the weather does deteriorate especially with lightning and you have to postpone now you have a big problem. You have taken Saturday off the table because they arent going home and turning around and coming back and Monday means kids are getting home at 1:00 am on a school night.

These were well thought out decisions including a 2:00 Vance start and a 7:00 MC start. Charlotte fans can get a doubleheader in.

I really dont know where you see me put down 2a anything. Shelby would struggle with Dillon. Its not about 2a its about football. Its just football talk not bashing anyone.

The problem isnt the Oline its the defensive side of the ball. Shelby looked fantastic last night. South Point is a tiny little team. They just are. Its not personal. Shelby has one D1 size kid in the Dline and then there is Dax. Mallard Creeks QB and Wide outs are bigger than nearly the entire defensive team of Shelby and this isnt a bunch of thick ankle plodders. D1 atheltic ability at nearly every position.

Dillon doesnt have a Borders type kid or anyone as stout as Dax. But the Dline goes 235, 285, 260 and 225 . All things beinf equal size does make a difference. The Lbs are all in that 210-220 range.

I just dont want to do the Shelby/MC thing anymore but if you really want a feel for the game think Crest/Havelock 2014. Two very good teams. One just significantly bigger and more physical...Havelock couldnt stop the simple 34 power and that is exactly what MC would do. They would run 3 plays and just march down the field. There would be nothing Shelby could do.

That has nothing to do with 2a. Its just football. Its why Alabama is Alabama. Doesnt matter who plays QB..they are better , bigger, stronger at just about every spot on the field.
Exactly,and 6 weeks earlier Crest scored late to beat Shelby by 6.

So MC decides it can't play Byrnes in the rain tonight.
Even though other Charlotte area schools did play.
We all know what happened last year when MC played Byrnes in the rain.
Weak. And don't blame it on others.
Some area teams played last night as well under wet conditions, knowing that weather could equalize teams strengths for a closer game.
Some things are so obvious.
Moron. CMS dictated which schools could play and which could not...NOT the schools. It wouldn't kill you to get your head out of the sand every once in a while and join us here in the real world.

Reactions: nepsy7
Exactly,and 6 weeks earlier Crest scored late to beat Shelby by 6.

I will say this about you guys. You are relentless . I really don't get why this obsession with MC exists for you. I read the 2a and 3a boards occasionally. Its just never dawned on me to dive in at every moment to tell every Shelby fans how great MC is. That's just me.

You guys really want to resolve this incredible inferiority problem?? Get Ware to answer the phone and get the game scheduled. Could have played next week as we had zero takers. Instead you guys are playing something called Rutherfordton. Think MC/Shelby would have been a bigger game??

I know there are two open weeks at a minimum next year as well. Otherwise .....STFU and worry about Chase and East Burke

Butler, Northwestern, Charlotte Catholic, Hough and Indy all played last night in the rain.
MC looks like such a wuss.
We are coming to watch Byrnes vs MC tonight.
We will be the ones in the stands with the umbrellas up.

I will say this about you guys. You are relentless . I really don't get why this obsession with MC exists for you. I read the 2a and 3a boards occasionally. Its just never dawned on me to dive in at every moment to tell every Shelby fans how great MC is. That's just me.

You guys really want to resolve this incredible inferiority problem?? Get Ware to answer the phone and get the game scheduled. Could have played next week as we had zero takers. Instead you guys are playing something called Rutherfordton. Think MC/Shelby would have been a bigger game??

I know there are two open weeks at a minimum next year as well. Otherwise .....STFU and worry about Chase and East Burke

B&G it's not MC...it's this concept you guys have that 4A football is the only thing that matters and is light years greater than any other class. Our stance is you guys come and go....beat your chest for a while then slip into irrelevancy. Um....the powerhouse known as Indy....where are they? Oh yeah....losing to OLYMPIC!! MC is today's West Charlotte/Richmond County of the 80s/90s, the Independence of the early 2000s and the Butler of the later 2000s. You too will eventually slip into nothing. But guess who will still be winning state championships for decades....like we always have. Guess who will still be beating teams from higher classifications. Enjoy your time....your flavor will be up before long....but the black and gold (even the green and yellow of Crest) never gets old....we're the chocolate and vanilla of North Carolina high school football.

Butler played @ Western Alamance, not in Charlotte.
Northwestern played in SC, not in Charlotte.
Catholic is NOT a CMS school. CMS does NOT dictate when and where they play.
Hough played on turf in the far northern part of the city, and there was a short commute for the visiting team.
Indy played in the far southwestern part of the city, and it was short commute for them. Both the far northern area and the far southwestern area were barely in the storm band, whereas the rest of the city got hit much harder.

MC's game involves a long commute from out of state for the visiting team.
Vance doesn't have turf and the game involves a long commute from out of state for the visiting team.

These two games were not only rescheduled, but Vance's game was also moved outright (to West Meck) due to field conditions.

Last edited:
B&G it's not MC...it's this concept you guys have that 4A football is the only thing that matters and is light years greater than any other class. Our stance is you guys come and go....beat your chest for a while then slip into irrelevancy. Um....the powerhouse known as Indy....where are they? Oh yeah....losing to OLYMPIC!! MC is today's West Charlotte/Richmond County of the 80s/90s, the Independence of the early 2000s and the Butler of the later 2000s. You too will eventually slip into nothing. But guess who will still be winning state championships for decades....like we always have. Guess who will still be beating teams from higher classifications. Enjoy your time....your flavor will be up before long....but the black and gold (even the green and yellow of Crest) never gets old....we're the chocolate and vanilla of North Carolina high school football.

That's why it's listed as 4A board Dummy! It is the only thing that matters. More reason for you to stay on the 2A board

Last edited:
98...clearly you have a problem. Looks like therapy isnt a option. Im guessing not in the budget. I'm gonna provide some free help.

Its 85 degrees out. Not a cloud in a beautiful Carolina sky. You seem to love football. Lots of great options today. Just leaving RH Southpointe ( another one of those wuss teams that didnt play last night) Gonna go see Vance and then the night cap at The Creek. Its a great day to be alive.

Get outside. Stop worrying about some HS football teams legacy and whether or not another HS team will be relavant in 10 years.

Go enjoy yourself .....you will thank me for it I promise

So how you gonna spin this one MC?
You defeat by only 7 points a current also ran 4A team from SC starting a sophomore QB at your place. A team hammered by 3A Myrtle Beach just two weeks ago.
And it takes a fluke pick six on a screen pass to even get the win.
And multiple personal fouls to boot.
Somehow you have this #11 in the nation joke of a ranking?
Based on Simmons rankings, that means the #2 ranked NC team should be about #12 nationally, correct?

Be glad you get an extra week to get ready for South Pointe.
But they will stuff you anyway.

Deana, please ban this clown. Enough's enough. MC should apologize for only beating a national power by 7 points?

What's the last national power that Shelby beat? Has Shelby ever beaten a national power? Since you're scared to death to play anyone outside of a twenty mile radius of Cleveland Co, then I'm guessing no.

Okay. So now, based on performances and current rankings, we all understand how this shakes out.
Nationally;
#11 MC
#12 tie
Dillon
Shelby
#13 Byrnes
Hmmm....Butler. MC beat Butler by how much?
Hey, we're starting to like this "big boy" football stuff.

Can't post more right now.
Watching Freedom's Emmons run the ball for Bama.
Did MC beat a Bama ready running back last year?

Crying to Deana?
175 posts on 5 pages for a thread we started?
Grow up big boy.
We are the best thing Rivals has!

So how you gonna spin this one MC?
You defeat by only 7 points a current also ran 4A team from SC starting a sophomore QB at your place. A team hammered by 3A Myrtle Beach just two weeks ago.
And it takes a fluke pick six on a screen pass to even get the win.
And multiple personal fouls to boot.
Somehow you have this #11 in the nation joke of a ranking?
Based on Simmons rankings, that means the #2 ranked NC team should be about #12 nationally, correct?

Be glad you get an extra week to get ready for South Pointe.
But they will stuff you anyway.

I would spin it like this. 3- 0 against 3 schools that have combined to win 12 state titles in the last 10 years. 2 of those wins on the road. The combined records of those schools over the last 3 years taking out the Mallard Creek losses. 112-14

As far as Shelby's national ranking, you will need to take that up with Max Preps, USA Today, Football America etc,etc... They are they ones that do the rankings. My advice?? Schedule more teams like Byrnes, Butler, Dillon and RH Southpointe and less schools like Freedom, AC Reynolds and Rutherfordton. That would probably help.

First line of your post on this thread says that MC is a embarrassment to NC football. They now move to 6-1 all time against out of state teams. One more on tap in two weeks. Watched both Vance and MC beat border teams today. Let me know when Shelby jumps in the fun.

In terms of embarrassment?? I have to tell you that I have met and conversed on this board and others with a ton of great Shelby fans. You are the embarrassment. You continue to embarrass yourself, your school and your community with this low life trolling of the MC program.

98'Champion....I know u are a troll but YOU realize that some teams get better as season goes along? As an example, look at Alabama last year, they lost to Ole Miss third game of the year then won the whole thing. They gotten better as the season goes along. You need to realize that MC has a target on their back in every game they play in. Shelby is a fine fine football team but will
NEVER be in same class as Mallard Creek, Butler and those big boys from 4A. Shelby is in a class by themselves in 2A ball for good while.

By the way, I have seen that Shelby did not win State Championship ten years and yet call your team a dynasty. In fact, Shelby and Reidsville are tied for 5 state championships since 2002. Reidsville is a bit ahead of Shelby in state finals. 5-1 for Reidsville while Shelby has 5-2. Who knows, once that new realignment comes in, 2A and 3A will be MUCH tougher since there will be more schools. Maybe Shelby will run into a drought again due to that reason. Shelby is a big fish in a small pond and never will be a big fish in a BIG pond.

Who cares if Independence is now also ran .....all those big schools always growing and district will change. Shelby won't grow as big as those schools in Clt, Triad Cities and Raleigh PERIOD. That why 4A schools are constantly changing while smaller schools remain the same due to demographics and growth. Greensboro Page own 80's then Richmond own the 90.s. Independence definitely own the 2000's. Now Butler and Mallard Creek has control since 2010. Now you see there has been some changes in 4A. Oooppppsss....I forgot ....your brain is stuck on one track mind trying to demeaning bigger schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT