ADVERTISEMENT

Big Boy Football?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a sad little dude....got your little Simmons Rating and your all excited. " Look mom we are almost as good as Mallard Creek"....lol

We should just cut the back and forth and let the team's schedule a home and home or just play two at Shelby and do a gate split.

Reactions: '98 State Champion
Game will never happen. The Creek is really Looking for even bigger games next year. With only 4 home games this year. They are looking for National Powers to visit home.

So anyone seen the latest Simmons power ratings? Thoughts, comments, concerns.....

I'll help you out....
http://www.simmonsratings.com/overrank16.htm

We are pushing you MC.
Is this Big Boy enough?!?!?! An MC loss tomorrow and a Shelby win tonight and who would be the best power rated team in North Carolina?

This is an example on how you High Jack threads. After 4 or 5 back and forths. You will say someone on the thread mentioned Shelby 2A. Stop now!

You are a sad little dude....got your little Simmons Rating and your all excited. " Look mom we are almost as good as Mallard Creek"....lol

Yeah...but your forgot the part about we are only ONE THIRD your size. Big brother doesn't like the thought of this little brother beating him up....lol.

This is an example on how you High Jack threads. After 4 or 5 back and forths. You will say someone on the thread mentioned Shelby 2A. Stop now!

Hijack a thread we started....haha....I've heard it all now. You're the best nepsy.

On another note, we are the featured game tonight on TWC channel 324. Tune in and check us out. We are playing a storied rival South Point, last years runner up in 3A (but we don't play anybody), who prior to the Crest days was our biggest rival. Hopefully the weather will have cleared out so you can see us in our true form. Rain could slow our offensive attack. Looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say. Best of luck to MC tomorrow night against a storied Byrnes program.

Hijack a thread we started....haha....I've heard it all now. You're the best nepsy.

On another note, we are the featured game tonight on TWC channel 324. Tune in and check us out. We are playing a storied rival South Point, last years runner up in 3A (but we don't play anybody), who prior to the Crest days was our biggest rival. Hopefully the weather will have cleared out so you can see us in our true form. Rain could slow our offensive attack. Looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say. Best of luck to MC tomorrow night against a storied Byrnes program.

Mallard Creek players are playing Collegiately tonight on TV for 5 different programs. I will try and fit you guys in...lol

Go home, freak. No business needs be conducted with you on a 4a board. If we cared about Shelby, we would come down to the 2a board and make unfounded insinuations towards them. But we don't.

Last edited:

Watching on TV. The JV looks great. Does the varsity play tomorrow?

The 3A title game (SP v RM) last year pitted two very average teams against one another. Shelby would have won that game against either team.

7 on 7 is now the determining factor of top teams? Let's not lower ourselves to that nonsense.

SMH - Next we will be talking about the Chuck Bishop and The Raiders in the later 70's. Saw Shelby last night and they looked ok but South Pointe was a slow as sap running out of a tree. How they beat Crest is a wonder to me. I was impressed by #14 on Shelby and #44 at times (he plays too high) looks to be better suited as an OLB.

Stayed home and watched about 75% of the game on TV. Traffic out of Charlotte at 530 was crazy bad. Rain and college football also played a part. This is the 3rd time I have watched South Point in the last 3 years. I give the coaching staff a tremendous amount of credit. I simply don't get how they win as many games as they do. Frankly they look like a much smaller and less athletic version of Catholic. Coaches do a excellent job.

As far as Shelby. They are clearly up there with some of the great small school teams of all time in NC the last few years. Very well coached ( though sloppy at times last night on offense) and they have 2 dynamic kids in Borders and Hollifield. By 2a standards a sizeable Oline and a bunch of fast good tackling kids on defense.

They would beat a fair amount of 4a squads but after looking hard last night the physical disparity between them and the top 4a schools would be far to much to overcome without a significant amount of poor play. I think 4th in the Mecka maybe 3rd would be where they would land. Vance would beat them by a couple of scores.

Physically the difference between Shelby and Dillon is very large. The smallest Dlineman on Dillon was 235lb's. Shelby had one kid larger than that. The rest in the 200lb range. Again though..very quick, very good tacklers. Offensively Sarratt would have to be a ton sharper to move the ball consistently but Borders is a stud. He would give any defense a problem. You cant get him the ball enough.

Matchup with Mallard Creek? There is a reason why they are 2a and Ware would never schedule that game. They have what?? about 900 kids? The product they put on the field for a school that small is remarkable. They may beat everyone by 3tds or more this year and most likely would win 3a or 3aa titles. That's very impressive.

Did it look like 2 jv teams when it took an overtime for you to beat us this summer?

When you beat St. Thomas 24-0 you can say you play as tough a schedule as we do.

http://www.ncaa.com/schools/st-thomas-mn

Davidson Day beat MC in a 7 on 7 when they were small private. So what!

98 you have hi-jacked the 4A board more than Hillary Clinton & Donald Trump lie combined. That game last night explained why you need to keep your Ass down on the 2A board. Other than 2 or 3 players on Shelby. They look like who they are. A very small 2A program who happens to be better than all the other 2A programs. That's it!

The depth on both programs went from good to JESUS get that little kid off the field I believe he stole someone's uniform. STAY IN YOUR LANE LITTLE MAN!

Stayed home and watched about 75% of the game on TV. Traffic out of Charlotte at 530 was crazy bad. Rain and college football also played a part. This is the 3rd time I have watched South Point in the last 3 years. I give the coaching staff a tremendous amount of credit. I simply don't get how they win as many games as they do. Frankly they look like a much smaller and less athletic version of Catholic. Coaches do a excellent job.

As far as Shelby. They are clearly up there with some of the great small school teams of all time in NC the last few years. Very well coached ( though sloppy at times last night on offense) and they have 2 dynamic kids in Borders and Hollifield. By 2a standards a sizeable Oline and a bunch of fast good tackling kids on defense.

They would beat a fair amount of 4a squads but after looking hard last night the physical disparity between them and the top 4a schools would be far to much to overcome without a significant amount of poor play. I think 4th in the Mecka maybe 3rd would be where they would land. Vance would beat them by a couple of scores.

Physically the difference between Shelby and Dillon is very large. The smallest Dlineman on Dillon was 235lb's. Shelby had one kid larger than that. The rest in the 200lb range. Again though..very quick, very good tacklers. Offensively Sarratt would have to be a ton sharper to move the ball consistently but Borders is a stud. He would give any defense a problem. You cant get him the ball enough.

Matchup with Mallard Creek? There is a reason why they are 2a and Ware would never schedule that game. They have what?? about 900 kids? The product they put on the field for a school that small is remarkable. They may beat everyone by 3tds or more this year and most likely would win 3a or 3aa titles. That's very impressive.
Amen about South Point give that man a raise. That team wins off heart and effort because its not a whole lot of talent on that team and they fought Shelby for 3 quarters before things starting slipping away. Shelby would get mauled by the Mallard Creek, Dudley and a few others.

Did it look like 2 jv teams when it took an overtime for you to beat us this summer?

When you beat St. Thomas 24-0 you can say you play as tough a schedule as we do.

http://www.ncaa.com/schools/st-thomas-mn

That's a nonsensical comparison, I don't know why you keep saying they should play colleges with grown men to compare to what you do. A more realistic comparison is a 5A or 6A school with 3000 or 4000+ students.

Shelby's starting O line goes 6-2 270,6-1 283,6-0 240,6-1 260, and 6-3 280.

The only thing I don't understand is how you big boys continue to put down 2A football but when you play a 2A football team you win by only 4 points.

The only thing I don't understand is how you big boys continue to put down 2A football but when you play a 2A football team you win by only 4 points.

SHS Lion: The majority of people on this forum give nothing but prop's to the Shelby program. They are who they are. A great 2A program..Nothing more! It's the consistent hi-jacking of the 4A board by 98, that has become old and enough already.

How many times do people have to here about the Alledged greatness of Shelby?
Start a thread on the 2A board and tell the 8 people about it.

Dillon is about as close to a 2A program as Shelby putting them on their schedule. We both know, that not happening! :)

I really dont know where you see me put down 2a anything. Shelby would struggle with Dillon. Its not about 2a its about football. Its just football talk not bashing anyone.

The problem isnt the Oline its the defensive side of the ball. Shelby looked fantastic last night. South Point is a tiny little team. They just are. Its not personal. Shelby has one D1 size kid in the Dline and then there is Dax. Mallard Creeks QB and Wide outs are bigger than nearly the entire defensive team of Shelby and this isnt a bunch of thick ankle plodders. D1 atheltic ability at nearly every position.

Dillon doesnt have a Borders type kid or anyone as stout as Dax. But the Dline goes 235, 285, 260 and 225 . All things beinf equal size does make a difference. The Lbs are all in that 210-220 range.

I just dont want to do the Shelby/MC thing anymore but if you really want a feel for the game think Crest/Havelock 2014. Two very good teams. One just significantly bigger and more physical...Havelock couldnt stop the simple 34 power and that is exactly what MC would do. They would run 3 plays and just march down the field. There would be nothing Shelby could do.

That has nothing to do with 2a. Its just football. Its why Alabama is Alabama. Doesnt matter who plays QB..they are better , bigger, stronger at just about every spot on the field.

Reactions: mactazheels
Blue and Gold22 said:

I really dont know where you see me put down 2a anything. Shelby would struggle with Dillon. Its not about 2a its about football. Its just football talk not bashing anyone.

Did Mallard Creek struggle with Dillon? It WAS a 7-3 final score, right? Dillon is 2A right?

Whats the possibility of a Shelby vs Dillion or South Pointe ever happening?

What's the possibility of Statesville vs Dillon or Southe Pointe. Get some of those 2A schools and a one win in three years Hickory off that schedule.

Umm Shelby is a 2a power, wouldn't mind seeing them against Dillon or even South Pointe, you know other perennial powers. Statesville is an annual 2nd or 3rd round team nothing more. Shelby vs Dillon seems to be a big gate at either school so why not schedule them?

So MC decides it can't play Byrnes in the rain tonight.
Even though other Charlotte area schools did play.
We all know what happened last year when MC played Byrnes in the rain.
Weak. And don't blame it on others.
Some area teams played last night as well under wet conditions, knowing that weather could equalize teams strengths for a closer game.
Some things are so obvious.

A lot of other games got rescheduled, ours will play Saturday at 2pm. Unlike some people who schedule their opponents ours is coming from 3-4 hrs away. Not driving with kids that far in bad weather. But of course if ur opponent is lunch box high school u don't seem to understand that smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT