ADVERTISEMENT

Big Boy Football?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is darn tootin' shame about PA. They did produce a lot of great ball players and ball teams to boot. Oh well, I didn't realize it went downhill. I found a kewl website ....I admire whoever did the work. My oh my. The database for this website has to be UNREAL. Anyway, I am not so sure we could compete with those states I mentioned except PA. I believe overall quality and upper echelon of those schools in other states would be much better than us?

http://www.texashighschoolfootballhistory.com/

Of course those states are better quality in football. Anyone who doesn't know that or believe it is foolish. A state champion in NC playing a state champ in Texas (same ADM) would get mud dragged.

Of course those states are better quality in football. Anyone who doesn't know that or believe it is foolish. A state champion in NC playing a state champ in Texas (same ADM) would get mud dragged.

Of course those states are better quality in football is really not a legit reason. Based on what?

Last edited:

Allen Texas vs Dutch Fork: 58-53, Allen was the ranked #1 Nationally
Hillcrest vs Dutch Fork: 47-17, Hillcrest SC State Champs

Hillcrest Enrollment:2,143
Allen, Texas Enrollment: 4,416

Unless you believe that Hillcrest would have destroyed the State Champs in NC? Your argument is really not carrying a lot of weight

Last edited:
As a whole state...yes Texas high school football is better, but I'm willing to say that NC has had some teams that could play with the best of them. Ask the experts, NC is becoming more of a recruiting area for the national top programs.

A few years ago I saw the Top 150 recruits list. 33 from Florida, 25 from Texas, 20 or from Cali, etc.. North Carolina had 1.

A few years ago I saw the Top 150 recruits list. 33 from Florida, 25 from Texas, 20 or from Cali, etc.. North Carolina had 1.

That's your argument? Come on man! What year was that?

That has abosolutely nothing to do with how the best team in NC will compete against the best team in Texas. Are all of those top 150 playing on the same team?

Last edited:
Do you kno Todd Gurley was not even in a list at the start? He could have started at any high school in Texas.

There is a kid named Dexter Lawrence from NC that was the top recruit in the country for most of the year last year. Clemson coaches call him one of the best they have had and he hasn't even played a down in a Clemson jersey.

NC is right there in the 6 to 10 range of putting kids in D1 schools.

Nearly 3 times as many people live in Texas as do in NC. Might want to rethink your brillant analysis
That just gives it more B&G. I support sports here but the truth is the truth. As far as Deanne's post I would say correct. Maybe 8th or 9th. That's not bad out of 50 states.

That just gives it more B&G. I support sports here but the truth is the truth. As far as Deanne's post I would say correct. Maybe 8th or 9th. That's not bad out of 50 states.

PLEASE EXPLAIN THE TRUTH? YOU SAID A STATE CHAMP TEAM FROM TEXAS WITH THE SAME ADMN#S WOULD MUD DRAG A TEAM FROM NC.

What data are you looking at that makes you say the truth is the truth?

Dutch Fork plays Allen, Texas down to the last play of the game. Hillcrest blows Dutch Fork off the map! They make a 28-0 run in the 2nd half. Allen's enrollment doubles Hillcrest.

Unless you believe that Hillcrest would have destroyed the State Champs in NC? Your argument is really not carrying a lot of weight

The truth is you have zero idea how they would compete. How could you there has been little sample size. Everyone thought Allen would roll Dutch Fork. Didn't happen. My best guess ( and that is all it would be) is if you took the top 10 ranked teams in both states the disparity would show up very large from 5-10. 1-5 would compete well provided we stayed within reason on the ADM's . The massive amount of athletic transfers that everyone is now getting level's the playing field but the one area Texas, Ohio, Cali, GA are way ahead in is coaching. Longer tenure, better pay, better facilities.

One thing that I just found out was how many coaches actually get paid at Mallard Creek. I was blown away at just how many coaches they have. Looks like a college program when they take the field. Then I found out how many of them actually get paid. Not many

Reactions: shutdownD24
PLEASE EXPLAIN THE TRUTH? YOU SAID A STATE CHAMP TEAM FROM TEXAS WITH THE SAME ADMN#S WOULD MUD DRAG A TEAM FROM NC.

What data are you looking at that makes you say the truth is the truth?

Dutch Fork plays Allen, Texas down to the last play of the game. Hillcrest blows Dutch Fork off the map! They make a 28-0 run in the 2nd half. Allen's enrollment doubles Hillcrest.

Wow. Now what does that say about the Mallard Creek #10 ranking and the meager win over a nationally unranked 2A South Carolina school? Nice try but again you talk out both sides of your mouth. On another post you said a win was a win. Wasn't that score 7-3? Unbelievable.

Nepsy7

I understand where you are coming from. There are so many variables also. Allen played Dutch Fork 2nd game of the year which mean defense is not up to par??? who knows. I noticed that Allen that year (2014) won state champion in Texas with defense that is not good at all. Allen was the type that outgunned other teams.

Allen HS scores that year.

55-41--Guyer HS
58-53 Dutch Fork
58-28 @ Boyd
42-3 @ Plano
35-24 @Marcus
49-13 Lewisville
44-10 @Hebron
63-17 Flower Mound
70-41 Plano West
35-13 @Plano East
59-21 Keller Central (playoff) AT&T Stadium
25-22 DeSoto (playoff) AT&T Stadium
69-54 Martin (playoff) Apogee Stadium
30-27 Trinity (playoff) Apogee Stadium
52-34 Skyline (playoff) SMU Stadium
47-16 Cypress Ranch AT&T Stadium State Championship game

Allen gave up 417 points that year and average per game is about 26 points per game. For MOST high school football teams with that average WILL NOT win state championship. The catch is Allen score A BUNCH. They score 732 points and average 47.75 per game. That is 3 td spread right there.

If Allen play Hillcrest that year at the end of the year? would they get crushed by Hillcrest simply because what they done to Dutch Fork is not true. It also depends on the match-up. I would say MOST of the time, State Championship team from Texas, Florida would beat NC State Championship. We will never know and like I said before, HS football is a religion down there compare to here. We do have fine football teams in NC and it is great to see Mallard Creek coming across the border to play bona fide teams to see where they stand.

We will always compare and argue about football teams that is better than other in different states until we get blue in the face. We probably never know. We couldn't say that if Mallard Creek beat Fort Dorchester (hypothetically) this year ....and say NC State Champion is better than SC State Champion due to the fact that both teams lost players from last year.

(unlike that troll on 2A board thinking Shelby is the KING. Shelby haven't play a great team from SC in a long long time. Shebly could play Byrnes HS since it is only a hour drive apart)

We should have fun with this and commend great teams from ANY states!

Wow. Now what does that say about the Mallard Creek #10 ranking and the meager win over a nationally unranked 2A South Carolina school? Nice try but again you talk out both sides of your mouth. On another post you said a win was a win. Wasn't that score 7-3? Unbelievable.

Mud dragged was your words.

Now your spinning and diverting. What does me saying a win is a win have to do with anything that your implying?

So basically you just say stuff to see if it sticks? You have made 4 post and not once have you given any data to back up your statement! Come on Man! Give it a shot.

Last edited:
7-3. That should make Dillon #11 nationally right?
Posting a score means what? National teams are upset every year in High School Football by teams in lower classifications. Come on Man! Your off track now. :)

Show the data that backs up what your statement!

I don't know if you all are trying to compare a few teams from NC to rest of country or entire state. As far as a few teams yes the top few teams in NC would be able to compete with other top teams in the US but as far as entire state NC would be somewhere in the 15-20 range. The major colleges in NC are avg at best compared to most schools in these other states majority of every roster is comprised of players from that state. Yes the top prospects in NC could play at most schools but for the most part they end up at unc, state, ecu and app and again none of these are perennial top 20 programs. i have also seen top hs programs play in NC, Texas, florida, Virginia, SC, Ohio, Georgia, penn and a few others

Last edited:
After living in both GA and AL the biggest difference is spring ball. Once NC adopts this philosophy, that gap will close tremendously

Reactions: thachsn1
Some of the teams I have seen play in person:

Florida - Lakeland (loaded), Nease (with Tebow), Pahokee, Glades Central (great talent with terrible coaching), Bolles, Lincoln, Dr Phillips.

Georgia - Valdosta, Lowndes, Colquitt, Brookwood, Warner Robins HS and Northside.

Indiana - Warren Central.

Ohio - St Xavier, Elder, St Ignatius, Colerain, Steubenville (small school state power).

PA - Central Catholic.

Illinois - Joliet Catholic.

Louisiana - John Curtis Christian.

Texas - Southlake, Allen, Texarkana.

Alabama - Hoover, Pratt, Mountain Brookwood.

VA - Phoebus, Hampton.

MD - DeMatha.

California - DeLaSalle

Last edited:
Godevilsgo and 98 Champion......see what Mallard Creek did tonight? 98'champion said in earlier post that MC will lose to Butler tonight. HMMMMMM.....nope... MC rose to occasion and won tonight 35-20. That tells me Dillion from SC is a TREMENDOUS football team and you two criticize MC fans and football team that they only won 7-3 over a smaller school.

Dillion would handle Shelby a loss for sure and beat about 90 percent of 4A schools in NC. I know from what I hear about MC coaching staff. They work hard on fixing their flaws and improve what they needed to work on. Dillion show them where it needs to be done.

Until Shelby play a formidable team like Dillion, Byrnes, Northwestern, and about half of Charlotte teams, 98'champion should STAY ON 2A board. I have a feeling that MC will improve each week and they will be downright scary in the playoff. I also think Butler will improve and probably meet MC in playoff.

Godevilsgo.....you should think ahead before putting words in your mouth. You are not well prepare to give good comments to Nepsy7. MC would be fine against other top schools from other states but as far as beating them, that remains to be seen. MC took some challenge this year for sure and that will help them far more than Shelby's schedule for sure.

Posting a score means what? National teams are upset every year in High School Football by teams in lower classifications. Come on Man! Your off track now. :)

Show the data that backs up what your statement!

Ill go to bat w GDG on this one. NC has some fine talent and recruits but OVERALL team talent doesnt stack up to our friends from Tx and even South Carolina. You keep asking for data but all you have done is posted a score with Hillcrest. Dont need as much data to really debate this. I do have a close friend that has coached big time ball in NC and is currently in SC coaching at a prestigious school and we have debated the teams. I was trying to hold my own and keep NC in the discussion. The talent in SC is a different level. Our pound for pound best athlete is just as good of course, but overall depth and team is not equal. Gaffney would run cleveland county, the same could be said for Byrnes, TL Hannah, Dorman etc... our county is the best we have to offer in this state as well. MC could go and play w those teams and win sometimes but majority would ruin your day.

Hoping MC and Butler dont meet early in the playoffs this season. This would be a decent 3rd round game or Western title game.

The truth is you have zero idea how they would compete. How could you there has been little sample size. Everyone thought Allen would roll Dutch Fork. Didn't happen. My best guess ( and that is all it would be) is if you took the top 10 ranked teams in both states the disparity would show up very large from 5-10. 1-5 would compete well provided we stayed within reason on the ADM's . The massive amount of athletic transfers that everyone is now getting level's the playing field but the one area Texas, Ohio, Cali, GA are way ahead in is coaching. Longer tenure, better pay, better facilities.

One thing that I just found out was how many coaches actually get paid at Mallard Creek. I was blown away at just how many coaches they have. Looks like a college program when they take the field. Then I found out how many of them actually get paid. Not many
Agreed 100% with this post.

Ill go to bat w GDG on this one. NC has some fine talent and recruits but OVERALL team talent doesnt stack up to our friends from Tx and even South Carolina. You keep asking for data but all you have done is posted a score with Hillcrest. Dont need as much data to really debate this. I do have a close friend that has coached big time ball in NC and is currently in SC coaching at a prestigious school and we have debated the teams. I was trying to hold my own and keep NC in the discussion. The talent in SC is a different level. Our pound for pound best athlete is just as good of course, but overall depth and team is not equal. Gaffney would run cleveland county, the same could be said for Byrnes, TL Hannah, Dorman etc... our county is the best we have to offer in this state as well. MC could go and play w those teams and win sometimes but majority would ruin your day.

Doubtful Gaffney would have " ran" Cleveland County last year but I feel confident MC would have been 3-0.

Myrtle Beach won the SC 3A (non subdivided) a few years ago. Richmond ran them off the field in the first game of the season. Normally an SC team is going to be a bit further along early due to spring ball.

South Pointe won the SC 3A last year and struggled with Vance which was nowhere near full strength due to injuries especially with the receiver out.

If MC beats Byrnes and SP does that change this thought?

The very best few teams in NC and SC match up very equally.

I don't know if you all are trying to compare a few teams from NC to rest of country or entire state. As far as a few teams yes the top few teams in NC would be able to compete with other top teams in the US but as far as entire state NC would be somewhere in the 15-20 range. The major colleges in NC are avg at best compared to most schools in these other states majority of every roster is comprised of players from that state. Yes the top prospects in NC could play at most schools but for the most part they end up at unc, state, ecu and app and again none of these are perennial top 20 programs. i have also seen top hs programs play in NC, Texas, florida, Virginia, SC, Ohio, Georgia, penn and a few others
You just lost credibility when you said all the top prospects in NC end up mostly at NC schools. You have no idea what you are talking about. The state of NC lose many of it top prospects to out of state football programs. Every major football program recruits the state regularly except for maybe Texas. But that probably explains why they are garbage now...

Last edited:

You my friend are delusional. The score i posted with Hilcrest is pretty much the only comparison out there, comparing Texas top team to the Carolina's. It's a lot more data than posting something about what your friend said. smh! SC talent is a different level based on what? You are now basing something off of what your friend said? Gaffney? Step away from the pipe. That's a classic. :) You have to give more than my team is better because i said so!

You need to come out of that log cabin you've been living in, and join the real world.

Last edited:

I guess the good thing is we will get to resolve this in the next 3 weeks. Currently MC is 4-1 all time against out of state competition. They get Byrnes next week and go to Southpointe week 5. The one loss is a 2 point loss on the road on a last second FG.

So I don't see where the different level is in that data but it will be nice to shut you guys up once and for all.

As far as all the top talent....it has been going to the SEC lately. The in-state schools can change it by winning!!

Ohio has top notch coaching, could be the best in the country. Not an expert by any means but I've seen a few Texas games. Huge amounts of talent and support, but I'm not sold on the coaching. Not that it's bad but in my LIMITED experience I've seen better elsewhere. LIMITED experience of course.

EJ Abrams-ward was something special...so sad we'll never find out how special he really could have been

You just lost credibility when you said all the top prospects in NC end up mostly at NC schools. You have no idea what you are talking about. The state of NC lose many of it top prospects to out of state football programs. Every major football program recruits the state regularly except for maybe Texas. But that probably explains why they are garbage now...

What was meant by the "they" is that nc schools are made up of nc players all of them not just the top ones. I can see how you just think I meant the top ones. The top ones shouldn't stay in state better programs elsewhere. I wish they would but that's never gonna happen. Just my opinion overall hs teams in nc fall into 15-20 overall which I don't think is bad at all sorry if I upset you

What was meant by the "they" is that nc schools are made up of nc players all of them not just the top ones. I can see how you just think I meant the top ones. The top ones shouldn't stay in state better programs elsewhere. I wish they would but that's never gonna happen. Just my opinion overall hs teams in nc fall into 15-20 overall which I don't think is bad at all sorry if I upset you
No you didn't upset me. Personally I think top talent in NC measures up with any state and have passed some states that were ahead of it. You have Pac Ten and Big Ten schools recruiting the state hard along with the SEC and Notre Dame. Even Oklahoma pulled a qb out of here last year. The depth of talent is where the top states begin to separate themselves which makes sense if you look at population numbers of each state. I think if you look at D1 talent per capital(100,000) than NC does pretty well. NC would probably fall into the 8-12 range if I had to guess. When you look at in state college football teams than NC will always be an anamoly. NC colleges will always produce its share of NFL talent but it is handicapped by being a basketball focused state when it comes to big time college sports. Just my two cents. I apologize for being a little harsh in my previous post.

I would agree that D1 prospects produced by NC could be in the 8-12 range but I thought this was about the state of nc as a whole in ranks which I would rate slightly lower.

A few of the states are way ahead and some are questionable if they produce more D1 players, better recruits, better teams, or are better all around football states.

California, Texas, Florida.
Georgia, Ohio, SC,
Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana,
Oklahoma, New Jersey, Pennsylvania,
Virginia, Michigan, Illinois.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT