ADVERTISEMENT

Big Boy Football?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

'98 State Champion

Nov 29, 2007
MC you are an embarrassment to NC football and all you have proven is how weak NC 4A football really is.
All your references to other classifications as weak compared to 4A just lost all credibility.
Be glad you are where you are.
You would not be a three-peat champ in a lower classification.
This is priceless. 7-3.
Now try and run your mouth with your excuses.

Avery McCall would have killed you.
Nice duck job to get a first year QB instead of a Shrine Bowl MVP.

Bad snap on the 2 !?
Muffed punt at Dillon 35 !?
How much help did you need to beat a 2A team by 4 ??

Butler State Champion 2016? Or is it too early to jump off the bandwagon? I will say maybe the Mallard Creek coach was right last year after the State title game when he said their QB last year was the best QB he's ever seen at the HS level.

Butler State Champion 2016? Or is it too early to jump off the bandwagon? I will say maybe the Mallard Creek coach was right last year after the State title game when he said their QB last year was the best QB he's ever seen at the HS level.
He must have not seen many games in NC. Because It has been many that was better than him on the HS level in NC. Do we need to be reminded, that MC lost to a SC team last year and also lost a regular season game. Fans be killing me about 1 game, much less the first game of the season. If you do not dominate your opponent something is wrong and a lot of questions. 1. You cannot coach the mindset of HS kids. School is not in and most of the kids are not going to go to sleep to get ready for a game. They still snapchatting at 2 in the morning and doing other things. These are things out of many coaches control. And just because Dillion is 2A team, they are one of the best. They pay coaches in SC 100, 000 for a reason, it means a lot to them. When you have all your kids in weight room year round, spring ball that is LIVE hitting, you do not think a SC team will be more prepared in week 1 than a NC? Unless the NC has that many returning seniors. A win is win. Good job MC. Who beat the Panthers in the regular season last year? That is right, a team that did not make the playoffs.

Lol...2013...Mallard Creek comes from behind to beat 2a State title winner Dillon 27-21 with 1:30 left on the clock.

They dont lose a single game the rest of the year and win their first title . Average margin of victory in the playoffs. ?? 39 points.

2014...Came from behind late to beat private school champ Charlotte Christian and then lose to Butler the following week. They go on to win their 2nd title..

Lol...you guys keep hoping.

Lol dude at least they had the balls to go down and play Dillon, UNLIKE Shelby who stayed home and played Freedom(ooo so scary!!).
Grow up dude, they won despite terrible officating and a hostile atmosphere.

Reactions: Chopper747
His point is you don't have to be 4A to play good football and you don't have to be from Charlotte to play good football. I know your team has seen Cleveland County football and we all know the outcome of those games.

Mallard Creek nationally ranked with almost triple the students as Dillion and barely skate by 7-3? 4AA football is really weak and everyone knows it. A couple teams from Charlotte and the rest are not worthy of even a ranking in 3A.

Two really good teams! Dillon will compete against anyone in these neck of the woods. I think MC might be a little suspect on O when facing similar or equal talent but their d will keep them in every game.

His point is you don't have to be 4A to play good football and you don't have to be from Charlotte to play good football. I know your team has seen Cleveland County football and we all know the outcome of those games.
No one ever said there weren't other good teams, just that Mallard Creek was the best and I still believe they are

Lol. Why don't Shelby just play Dillion or rock hill south pointe already? If you wasn't at the game, you have no idea how bad the refs tried to give the game away

Reactions: Chopper747
First of all Dillion is 3A, and I highly doubt anyone in NC 2A, 3A, or 1A would beat them. If you can't schedule a team of their level you shouldn't even be making a thread like this. It's retarded.

Reactions: Champ_24
First of all Dillion is 3A, and I highly doubt anyone in NC 2A, 3A, or 1A would beat them. If you can't schedule a team of their level you shouldn't even be making a thread like this. It's retarded.
They are 3a because SC went to 5 classes.

The game last night was unbelievable! Both teams defenses were lights out. The officiating was terrible!! I can't believe the SC high school league would send such a terrible crew. They seemed to huddle up on every call that they made. MC had some great fans and coaches. I talked to most of the coaches and they were first class. I talked to the head coaching and told him that I was the rev director and that I had 342 kids signed up last year to play rec ball in Dillon. All he could say was WOW. Congratulations MC on the win. This Wildcat will be pulling for y'all the rest of the year!!

Reactions: shaunsschevy
and I highly doubt anyone in NC 2A, 3A, or 1A would beat them.
most 4A teams wouldn't be able to beat them. If Dillion was a NC 4AA team they would still be a powerhouse. If you Shelby guys think you can play with the big boys then schedule one of them and see how you stack up. If it goes good for you guys then you will get the respect that you feel you deserve

Reactions: Champ_24
Lol at you fools coming out of the woodwork to disparage a team that WON last night. I don't care if they barely did it, they won period. None of your teams play or schedule teams of that caliber, so just keep your ignorant mouths shut unless you have the manhood to schedule one.

Reactions: CatholicCougs14
I'm rarely ever in here but from my observation why does Shelby have the biggest delusional trolls on here, how the heck ur gonna troll a team..."that won"? As u well know if anybody a mallard Creek hater it's me, but they just beat a team that won 3 str8 ships plus a 30+ game win streak. Come on...really?

Dillon has won 4 straight titles and 37 consecutive games and only lost at home 3 times in a 7 year span twice by MC. Shelby administration could learn ALOT from the MC administration

Mallard Creek nationally ranked with almost triple the students as Dillion and barely skate by 7-3? 4AA football is really weak and everyone knows it. A couple teams from Charlotte and the rest are not worthy of even a ranking in 3A.

And yet as weak as they are MC has to travel 2 1/2 hours to play someone because none of those powerhouse 3a teams will play. Why is that?

I'm no Mallard Creek fan, but are they really being called an embarrassment for scheduling a team like Dillon, at Dillon, and then beating them?

No not at all. Good football is played at all levels and it is hard for some MC fans to understand that.That was a great win last night and MC plays the toughest schedule of anybody but last night showed there are good 2A and 3 A teams that can compete with this powerhouse.

No not at all. Good football is played at all levels and it is hard for some MC fans to understand that.That was a great win last night and MC plays the toughest schedule of anybody but last night showed there are good 2A and 3 A teams that can compete with this powerhouse.
then shelby should step up to the plate

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
No not at all. Good football is played at all levels and it is hard for some MC fans to understand that.
Mallard Creek fans have been very complimentary of their opponent above. Instead, this thread was started by an idiot Shelby fan who doesn't understand anything about how football works.

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
Not from Shelby but i love watching them play. Some shelby posters make others not from there dislike Shelby because of starting threads like this. Shelby have nothing to even do with the game. If some shelby posters really want shelby to feel special and seek the attention of bigger programs. Schedule them or stfu. Here's a starter. Contact Dillon or RH South Pointe with a home and home and go from there

I'm not a Shelby fan but they don't have to prove anything. They have been turning out talent for a while. They will be playing for a championship this year mark it down.
If they want to call MC an embarrasment for WINNING 7-3 then maybe they should start scheduling some big boys of their own

We enjoyed the reviews on the elite MC struggle at 2A Dillon.
Refs, hostile crowd, inexperienced offense.
Hilarious.
The best one is "MC schedules the toughest early season competition so it will expose weaknesses and make them better later in the season".
Like MC staff is ahead of everyone else on that.
News flash guys.
Shelby's schedule has been set up that way since the 60's and most knowledgeable folks have known that all along. Go back and check our results and our level of competition. Most of our losses have occurred in the first 5 games and almost all against higher classifications.
That plan has obviously worked and some other area coaches have followed suit while publicly acknowledging Shelby's lead there.
It's not rocket science and others sort that out, but it is certainly not new or profound as MC posters frame it.
MC will lose to Butler on Friday.
MC will beat Byrnes, who just lost to 3A Myrtle Beach.
Then MC will lose to 3A South Pointe (SC).
So, goodbye to National ranking, which now you say is unimportant. That was fast.
Now MC is ready "for the rest of the season" and defending it's three-peat state title.......against who?
You could say against teams all weaker than you just played. But what does that really say about NC 4A competition?
We are more convinced than ever that MC would not have three-peated against lower classification champs. Be glad you are where you are.
Now let's discuss your obsession with Shelby's schedule.
We will objectively show that not only does Shelby (play somebody?) currently play a MORE difficult schedule than MC, a matchup with MC would accomplish no more in preparing the Golden Lions to pursue a 16th championship ring for the program. In other words, playing MC would not be a step up.
2A Shelby has around 850 students. 4A MC has around 2600 students, or three times Shelby's size. 3A Crest has about 1250. As Dillon just proved, student populations do not always dictate competitiveness....but they should. So why have classifications? Consider Shelby merging with Crest, holding FIVE CONSECUTIVE CURRENT FOOTBALL TITLES between them. 2100 students.
But what a football power.
4A as a class should approach that strength. It is in other states. Not in NC. And certainly not in Meck Co. Fortunate for MC.

MC schedule difficulty vs Shelby;
4A MC vs 2A Dillon ( current 2A state champ SC)
2A Shelby vs 3A South Point (NC, current 3A state runner up)
Advantage - Shelby more difficult due to playing up, MC playing down.
MC should win. Shelby should lose.
(Curiously, Dillon, a four-peat 2A champ gets tons of respect from MC folks while Shelby a three-peat 2A champ gets little)

4A MC vs 3A South Pointe (current 3A state champ SC)
2A Shelby vs 3A Crest (current repeat 3A state champ NC)
Advantage Shelby more difficult due to playing up, MC playing down.
MC should win, Shelby should lose

4A MC vs 4A Byrnes
2A Shelby vs 3A AC Reynolds
Byrnes and Reynolds have both won multiple 4A state titles in the last 16 seasons, Byrnes last in 2011, Reynolds last in 2009.
Advantage Shelby more difficult due to playing up, MC playing down
MC should win, Shelby should lose.

MC vs 4A Butler
Shelby vs 3A Freedom or 3A Kings Mountain
Advantage MC more difficult.
Butler will beat MC this year.
Freedom and KM are down this year due to graduation and injuries. However, last year when Shelby defeated both teams, 3A KM only other loss was to 3AA champ Crest and KM got to the 3A Western Finals only to lose to South Point (did we mention their only two losses already? To Shelby and Crest).
Butler has not gotten out of the second round for the last two years.
3A Freedom was a #1 3A seed last fall ( lost to KM) and featured the #2 running back in the country in BJ Emmons, who is currently the 2nd team back for Saban at Alabama, as a freshman!
Did MC face a Bama level runner last year, and win ?
And Freedom and KM are 50 % bigger schools than Shelby.

The rest of both schedules are very winnable for both MC and Shelby. And don't spew crap about MC's conference. Who else has won anything? Shelby has had both Kannapolis and 4A North Meck on the schedule recently. Then 3A Kannapolis caught us in Coach Ware's first two years, installing a new offense. Not who we are now.
Shelby beat North Meck two years in a row when they were the third largest school in the state. During our series with Freedom, they were the largest school in the state.
We have no more to prove or prepare by playing MC, Dillon, Byrnes, or South Pointe. Besides, Dillon told you. It's all about the rings.
Why not have MC play 3900 student Mills Creek in Atlanta and taste what it is like to compete up a class or two for the very first time.
Shelby has done it forever.
Advantage Shelby.

98 cmon man, everyone respects Shelby even the Meck Co posters. They just have more respect for Dillon cause Dillion plays up (like Shelby) but plays All the way Up!!! (Fat Joe/French Montana voice!) And also according to your logic MC would have to play colleges to equal Shelbys strength of schedule due to the fact that there's not many high schools larger than them. In my observance of the back and forth the Meck posters respect what Shelby is doing but they take issue when Shelby fans claim to be the best.(which is decided on the field which is why they say schedule a "big boy" team like Dillon) Now at the same time 98 I see how you take issue with the pure dismissal of greatness due to your size. But that's not what the Meck posters are doing, they just have a limit to the respect they give yall until yall at least beat Crest or beat one of the 4A big boys. That's just how I see it and one more thing, how come Shelby posters badger the 4A Meck posters more than the Crest posters do when Crest has been the best team in Clev Co? (And I do think if Crest & Shelby were to combine that changes everything!)

Hilarious.
The best one is "MC schedules the toughest early season competition so it will expose weaknesses and make them better later in the season".
News flash guys.
Shelby's schedule has been set up that way since the 60's and most knowledgeable folks have known that all along. Go back and check our results and our level of competition. Most of our losses have occurred in the first 5 games and almost all against higher classifications.
That plan has obviously worked and some other area coaches have followed suit while publicly acknowledging Shelby's lead there.
It's not rocket science and others sort that out, but it is certainly not new or profound as MC posters frame it.
So, goodbye to National ranking, which now you say is unimportant. That was fast.
Now MC is ready "for the rest of the season" and defending it's three-peat state title.......against who?
You could say against teams all weaker than you just played. But what does that really say about NC 4A competition?
We are more convinced than ever that MC would not have three-peated against lower classification champs. Be glad you are where you are.
We will objectively show that not only does Shelby (play somebody?) currently play a MORE difficult schedule than MC, a matchup with MC would accomplish no more in preparing the Golden Lions to pursue a 16th championship ring for the program. In other words, playing MC would not be a step up.
2A Shelby has around 850 students. 4A MC has around 2600 students, or three times Shelby's size. 3A Crest has about 1250. As Dillon just proved, student populations do not always dictate competitiveness....but they should. So why have classifications? Consider Shelby merging with Crest, holding FIVE CONSECUTIVE CURRENT FOOTBALL TITLES between them. 2100 students.
4A as a class should approach that strength. It is in other states. Not in NC. And certainly not in Meck Co. Fortunate for MC.

(Curiously, Dillon, a four-peat 2A champ gets tons of respect from MC folks while Shelby a three-peat 2A champ gets little)

4A MC vs 4A Byrnes
Byrnes and Reynolds have both won multiple 4A state titles in the last 16 seasons, Byrnes last in 2011, Reynolds last in 2009.

MC vs 4A Butler
Freedom and KM are down this year due to graduation and injuries. However, last year when Shelby defeated both teams, 3A KM only other loss was to 3AA champ Crest and KM got to the 3A Western Finals only to lose to South Point (did we mention their only two losses already? To Shelby and Crest).
3A Freedom was a #1 3A seed last fall ( lost to KM) and featured the #2 running back in the country in BJ Emmons, who is currently the 2nd team back for Saban at Alabama, as a freshman!

The rest of both schedules are very winnable for both MC and Shelby. And don't spew crap about MC's conference. Who else has won anything? Shelby has had both Kannapolis and 4A North Meck on the schedule recently. Then 3A Kannapolis caught us in Coach Ware's first two years, installing a new offense. Not who we are now.
Shelby beat North Meck two years in a row when they were the third largest school in the state. During our series with Freedom, they were the largest school in the state.
We have no more to prove or prepare by playing MC, Dillon, Byrnes, or South Pointe. Besides, Dillon told you. It's all about the rings.
Why not have MC play 3900 student Mills Creek in Atlanta and taste what it is like to compete up a class or two for the very first time.
Advantage Shelby.

You have a illness. Seek help

If Shelby High and Shelby Crest were to consolidate the state title would have to go thru that team for the next 20 years.

Hilarious.
News flash guys.

4A MC vs 4A Byrnes

MC vs 4A Butler

Advantage Shelby.

How is MC playing down when Byrnes and MC both are 4A have around 2300 students.
Let's not make up stories.

Secondly for MC to significantly play up they would have to travel out of state where 5A/6A schools have 2800 + or 3000+ students. which is a difficult task in and of itself to do every year.

B&G are you saying that if Crest & Shelby were one 4A school with a comparable student enrollment you'd still take MC? Or you just saying that you're not willing to entertain the what if scenario?

If they existed they would reside in Charlotte and go to whatever bathroom they wished to squat in.
News flash...that's a North Carolina law, so it applies to your little town as well, even if the information hasn't traveled far enough to get to you yet. Hang in there, it will reach you one day I'm sure.

B&G are you saying that if Crest & Shelby were one 4A school with a comparable student enrollment you'd still take MC? Or you just saying that you're not willing to entertain the what if scenario?
Look at the lines whenever you see Shelby or Crest either one take the field and you'll have your answer. Combining the two schools would pair some dynamic athletes together, but it wouldn't do squat for making their lines bigger.

Charlotte teams don't usually win titles because we dazzle our opponents with unmatched skill position feats, although we do sprinkle in some of that here and there. Mostly, however, we're going to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and work within schemes designed to maximize the effectiveness of whatever talent is on the roster at that particular time.

Last edited:
So Hokie, you still take MC? I can respect your argument I'm trying to get yall to make a definitive statement that we all can debate and discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT